Old 06-23-2008, 06:23 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Smile Atkins Angels Chat 6/23 - 6/29

Good Morning Angels!!

Summer is officially here! Time to break out the shorts, capri's, tanktops...even the swim suits Are YOU ready???

Everyone have a great On Plan week!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hmmmm . . . ready for summer wear? The only thing I'm ready to do is go to Goodwill and buy even larger clothes JG. This is my last week of work b4 two weeks of vacay and we're planning a trip to Cedar Point @ Sandusky Ohio? (Also to the Air Force museum near there) . . . was just going over my clothing selections for the trip . . . too depressing to talk about.

Think shopping for muuu-muuu's.

The water retention/bloating thing is making it all even worse - especially the fingers & ankles.

Ever Onward anyone?

How's Day One going rissa?

I'm joining you in the Breakfast Pledge snappie . . . besides making LOTS of excuses . . . skipping/not hungry for breakfast is something to get over already. This week I'm also adding a)Looking for NSV's - AND - b)Not eating when I get off the nite shift.

Yes, I think your hairstyle is fabooKimNJ . . . trying to get mine to one tousled length - gel & go.

Off to mix a protein shake . . . . Have A Great Monday All!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #3  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Day 1 is going good so far, thanks so much for asking! It's wonderful to know that I have people that I can talk to that are going through the same things I am. I barely know any of you and I am so thankful that I found this site and ALL OF YOU! I've started one of the diet blogs on here (missrissa82)! How is everyone else doing today?
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Cool

JG.... Am I ready for summer???

Let's see - I've got my Black 26W Swim Dress that hides a multitude of sin - check

My big long 3X coverup - also black, because it's so slimming - check

My pasty white skin to go against the black attire - check

Deoderant to apply HOURLY so I don't (Smell like Papa...as my 3 yr old told me I did 2 weeks ago!!!!!) - check

And I've started Atkins to change my checklist for Summer 2009!!!!
Let's look ahead to next summer...
I want to be in a colored bathing suit - preferably under a size 16.
I want to wear a short coverup so I don't appear to be so Amish.
I want to have a little color so I don't resemble a marshmallow mom.
And I want to be most concerned with my nail polish color - not if my aroma is that of my 63 year old father!!!! (But he is on Atkins too and has lost 40 so far - so my 4 yr old may have to eat crow next summer!
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I'm ready for summer, but it is not ready for me. It's still cold and rainy here (north Japan). Today is hovering around 55 F...and sheets of rain.

Am I ready to wear shorts? Not yet...give me another month though, when it finally does get warm and stay warm here (for at least 6 weeks)...by then I might have lost enough/toned enough to feel comfortable baring my celluthighs to the world.

I'm feeling good that I'm back in jeans instead of elastic waist-band pants and (bleh) stretchy leggings.

My goals for this week, again, are to take my vitamins every day, drink at least 64 oz. of water every day, eat my breakfast whether I want it or not, and not miss any exercise.

Since I'm a day ahead of the rest of you...I can say days 1 and 2 went fine on all those regards.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Must tell you here from MenoPauseLand - 55 sounds GREAT snappie! Just woke up in a nice drenched nightgown (I'm nightshift BTW) despite taking my trusty Estroven supplements.

Yes, I smell like NJKim's Dad.

*fanning self*

What a fun read over coffee - identify with EACH word of the summer dress-up!

I DID eat after work last nite . . . lucky that I had a good breakfast - was sooo busy didn't get a chance to eat thru-out the shift! *spanking Bad Me!* But just ate part of my OP "lunch" - didn't go overboard - YAY! & went right to sleep til now.

NSV's: Walked walked walked all night
Felt tremendous energy (Confession: I always feel great on Induction immediately!)
No cravings

*glugging a whey protein shake as I type*

Where ya at today rissa? I'm taking tuna salad and a salad to munch thru the nite tonight - goal forthe day: Make Time To EAT!

Hiya JG! Great link to "Top Ten Carb Mistakes" . . . chose "Carb Non-Creeping Overload" as my biggest mistake . . . but should also add "Poor Planning" - with my schedule, I've GOT to get it together on the planning part . . . yes, it helps to have things like tuna salad readily available - but then that could lead to one of the other mistakes of "Eating The Same Things" over and over? In other news - yesterday was a "Changing Day" for me.

awesomeness!

Hitting the shower now . . . *rounds of applause from my Family!*

Have A Great Tuesday Angels!

aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #7  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Goals? Uh oh, I haven't thought of a short-term goal yet... lol. I did talk to my mom today though and she said when I lose 40 lbs, she's gonna buy me a new pain of jeans... yay! I'm doing pretty good Aud! Things are going rather well and I'm pretty proud of myself! It's day 2 now, and I'm still sticking with it... no cheating, at all That's good for me. I even have forced myself to eat breakfast both days. Eggs are a real lifesaver! I made pancakes for the family this morning and eggs with cheese & pepperoni for myself! Yummy! Oh, and I chomped on a celery stalk,too! I even rode my recumbent (sp?) bike for 10 miles today! I don't know what good it is, since it really just works the legs, but it's something on my "rest day"! Anyhow, it's good to know that everyone is still working towards their goals, as am I! You guys are wonderful!

Last edited by RissaIsAFatty; 06-24-2008 at 03:42 PM.
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #8  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi everyone... Good News! My knees don't hurt as bad today walking up the stairs!!! That's the sugar leaving my body. I always notice I am more limber without sugar.

Kim - Please tell us what you've got lined up for summer. Tell us what kinds of clothes you can wear now that you could not before - I will live through you!
WAY BACK in 1992 I lost all my weight and went down to 128 size 6. But I was't eating ANYTHING...typically less than 400 calories a day. Oh and if I did eat - I'd have a non fat bagel. Yea - that and I was exercising about 2-3 hours a day and I fell on a trip and banged up my foot so the exercise stopped. Abrupt limitation of activity..led to depression... led to eating more bagels and then sweets and then 3 babies - oh my! I want so badly to be where you are.

Snap - curious me over here. Have you always lived in Japan or are you there for a short period? What's it like? It sounds so adventerous to me.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Check back later.
Kim
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
Must tell you here from MenoPauseLand - 55 sounds GREAT snappie! Just woke up in a nice drenched nightgown (I'm nightshift BTW) despite taking my trusty Estroven supplements.
I'm on the verge of meno myself (runs early in my family), mom and both sisters had to have complete hysterectomies between the ages of 42 and 44...and I'm almost 40 and already experiencing some of the same early symptoms.

However, heat flashes is not one of them. Up until I started working out, I was the opposite. Cold all the time. I have very low blood pressure, which causes low circulation (the exercise has helped a lot!). This not only caused me to be cold all the time, when I started working out, it caused my feet to go to sleep frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in NJ View Post
Snap - curious me over here. Have you always lived in Japan or are you there for a short period? What's it like? It sounds so adventerous to me.
4.5 years over here now. I'm originally from Houston, TX. Husband is originally from Miami, FL. We live in far north Japan (if you look at a map and see Aomori, we're close to there). I'm about 3km from the ocean and about 4km to a huge lake. It snows 6+ months a year, from early November to late May (usually), but usually we don't get extremely heavy snows. Our temperature usually (during winter) hovers right around freezing so we get a lot of slush. During the 6-8 weeks it actually gets hot, we have a lot of insects and growing things. We have 6 ski lodges within a 2 hour drive, but the town I live in is a 'one McDonald's town'. Lots of rice paddies and farming fields here.

The people are very nice and polite. I don't think I've ever locked my car door in the entire time I've been here, and rarely locked my house. Japanese technology, in some ways, is far advanced of American's, in others, waaay behind.

I've spent a lot of time in the Tokyo area too, because my brother-in-law lives there with his Japanese wife and their daughter. Very crowded, almost overwhelmingly so, but very clean. You do not see degenerates here. You don't see trash on the street. And the crime is relatively low. I think it is a culture thing.

Anyway, if you have any other questions, shoot me a PM or start a thread.

JerseyGyrl, sorry to take over your thread!

I hope all of you are having wonderful days and finding your goals easy to meet!

Last edited by snapless; 06-25-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hey Kim in NJ!!! (Sounds funny to say that since I'm Kim in NJ too!!) Ok, my plans for the Summer...well...my birthday is the beginning of August and DBF will be here Also in early Sept. we're going to the American Idol Tour and beyond that, I'm not sure yet.

I usually wear capri's in the Summer. I don't wear shorts. When its really hot & humid, I'll wear tanktops but, usually just wear short sleeve pullover tops. I also like lightweight Summer skirts with my birkenstocks I bought a swim suit last year...a black with purple print 2 piece tankini but, haven't worn it yet.

Snapless...no worries, this isn't my thread...this is our thread

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-25-2008 at 04:19 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/176/144

Height: 5'4"

4 days on Atkins, did not taste any desserts in "Plated Dessert" class.
I just told the students how things looked and it was up to them to taste!

I can't wait to add some veggies to my meals. More than what's there now!
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #12  

Just checking in day 6 is going well. I was in the work cafeteria ordering a burger with no bun and I really couldn't think of what to have with it, I was at a complete loss and in walks a lady who orders a mushroom burger with cheese and grilled onions and no bun either. I ended up ordering the same thing, grabbing a small salad and lunch was great. I just need a little help thinking outside the bun sometimes and the universe sent me an angel. ODAAT!
msruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Hi everyone!
I'm back from holiday in the Cook Islands. Had a fabulous time. Think the island of Aitutaki is indeed paradise!

Loosened up a bit on carbs while on holiday...a bit more wine and fresh fruit. Plus, surgery 3 weeks ago has pretty much put a temporary halt to most exercise. The result? Weight has barely fluctuated (2 pounds up, which is nothing in my mind). How great is that?

However, today is back to plan. Have a post-surgery follow-up appointment today and will hopefully be given the go ahead to start back to exercise program and I've already started on cleaning up any carb-creep. Have set up a 9 week challenge for myself - I'd love to be in a size smaller jeans by the time I leave for my USA holiday the end of August.

It's good to be back! I missed you guys!

Oh, and Faye....you look GREAT!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #14  

Just checking in - having a wonderful day. Squid and Ruthie, you guys are doing great! Keep it up! Welcome back Kris!

I'm about to leave to shop for a belt or some new jeans. My husband commented on my pants falling off of me last night and I realized...every time I stood up I had to hike them back up again.

Dang that feels good!

Last edited by snapless; 06-25-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #15  
paulaS

S/C/G: 285/tickler/150

Height: 5 8

Well, I live in Florida, so you know the weather is usually good all year round, I'll be spending alot of time with the kids at the beach, and working
PaulaS
pkend4593 is offline   Reply With Quote