Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #1  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Default "A Lot to Lose" booklet

I was reading through my new material last night and noticed that it mentions an extra booklet for those with more than 60 pounds to lose called "A Lot to Lose". It says to ask your leader for it. I was wondering if anyone here has gotten this booklet and, if so, was there good info in there for those of use on a looooooong journey?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Xena, I haven't gotten my new info yet, I'm a Saturday weigh in gal. I will ask for it though, and see what it says!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #3  
Because I deserve it!

Thanks, Kelly. I weigh in on Wednesday so I can ask for it then but I am both curious AND impatient so was wondering if anyone had already seen it and could tell me about it.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for telling us Xena, Ill be sure to ask about it when I get my new material at WI on Sat.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:48 AM   #5  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

I thought I had read thru all of the new books, but I missed that somehow. I will have to ask for it on Monday. I question why the leaders aren't just handing them out to those with a lot to loss.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:37 AM   #6  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

Cool

Okay, so I have contimplated back and forth if I should join weight watchers. First of all, how do I know if I am ready for ww? Enough that I will take it seriously? #2, I currently live in a small city and I am wondering if I would be the youngest person at the meeting (i'm 22) and that I would feel odd. Please let me know how you feel THANKS!
Old 12-16-2006, 04:51 AM   #7  
A matter of time

You have taken the first step already and don't even know it. You are admitting you need to loss weight. That is the hardest and biggest step...trust me.

From here, only you can decide if WW is right for you. We can all give you our reasons that WW is working for us, but the decision is yours. I have tried every diet out there and some that don't even exsist any more. WW is the only plan out there that will make allowances for normal food. You can eat whatever you want as long as you have the points for it. The question then becomes do you want to eat a brownie that is 6 points or a bowl of zero point soup.

There is no way for us to know who will be present at meetings. You can't concern yourself with who is at the meetings. Yes, meetings are where you learn the plan, hear what has worked for someone and what hasn't worked for someone else. It doesn't matter if everyone at your meeting is 22 or 52. Everyone is there for a common goal...to loss weight.

WW is about the only program out there that you can follow even if you don't attend meetings. Yes, the meetings are where you can draw your strength and knowledge from, but if you are running short on money, you can do it alone. (I lost 34 pounds with out the help of meetings, ww-at-home, or online programs). Once you get the materials and the knowledge you are set.

I wish I had done what you are doing now when I was 22. If I had taken control and joined WW back then it could have saved me from 2 surgeries (knee and back) and countless trips to the doctors. I hope that this help you make up your mind...but as I said eariler it is all up to you.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:18 AM   #8  
Zandria

Default Thanks Chris

Thanks for your help Chris! You make a good point, I guess lately I have been too concerned with what other people think....grrr that's bad! I actually was 130 for three years up until 2004 and I have gradually gained it back since. I do know one thing that has worked for me, I can only lose weight when I am being positive. Last time, I lost weight because I joined a team in which I loved the sport and I gave things up for lent to be healthier. Someone telling me that I am fat, or that it wouldn't hurt to loose a few pounds...never works for me. Maybe wW is just what I need. If I don't join though, I am trying to eat healthier and work out, I just may read "YOU on a diet". PM me sometime if you would like Thanks!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #9  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Xena....home from my morning WW meeting! I asked my leader about the supplement booklet and she went searching for one. Finally came back and said that the center had not received them (I go to a large center!), but that she had one in her leaders packet at home, and that she would try to have one for me next week. She followed this up with saying that she really didn't think I needed it, I don't have that much to lose! I told her that when I started I needed to lose over 100 pounds, and that I still have a little over half way to go, so I would like to read it. I'm wondering how much you need to lose before they think it would be a useful tool for you? She was more than pleasant about it, I'm just curious! So, no info to share yet! Sorry!

Collegebride, I'm 39 (as of 3 days ago!) but look about 29. In my meetings there are ladies as old as 70-something, and as young as 16-17. I try to also hit a Wednesday morning meeting when I can, and in that group there is a boy who's probably 14 or 15. Young, old, and every one in between encourage each other and laugh together! It is such a supportive group! Good luck in your decision and on your weightloss path!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #10  
Because I deserve it!

Thanks, Kelly. I weigh in on Wed. so I will ask for one then. As to how much you need to lose for them to think you need this booklet, it the materials I have it says 60 pounds or more.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #11  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all,
I enjoyed reading this thread. I have currently lost my weight on line with weight watchers. I was wondering if I should go to the meetings. You all seem to have such good advice. I am using the point system and have started running. I think I may just need a group like 3FC for support, but part of me thinks meetings would benefit me too.
Thanks for all your posts, they are great.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:06 PM   #12  
A matter of time

Today was my meeting day, so I asked for this booklet. I am sorry to say but I have to call it a joke. DUH--it is all common sense stuff. I wasn't impressed with it at all. But than again I wasn't with the Week #2 booklet either. I guess if you were brand new to WW it would be useful.

I lost 3.4 pounds this week for a total of 39.4 pounds.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #13  
Zandria

Hmm...I agree with common sense, weight loss is common sense..but its also an addiction for people such as myself. That is why I think that I am going to buy YOU on a Diet. Maybe that will help me learn how to un-addict myself..lol.
Closed Thread