Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Cluck, Cackle, Chat - Dec. 11th - 17th

Good Morning

Its very nice out today, around 45 this morning

Well gang, its getting close... 14 more days whoot

Does anyone know when Chanukah starts? I need to get on the ball don't I LOLOL.

Well I plan on eating well this week...I've been making poor choices and feeling icky b/c of it.

Any plans for the week?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I had some busy days and didn't get a chance to get in here. Helped give my niece's baby shower on Saturday and all went well.

Leenie - I am so very sorry about your friend's dh. How terribly sad! do they have children? Breakfast with Santa sounds like fun but I totally agree with you about the fire stuff - sounds like a really bad idea with little ones. Is your dd still talking about it today? hope all goes well with the healthy eating this week - sounds like a good plan for all of us!

Welcome mom2sillygirl - I look forward to getting to know you.

Susan - glad the shopping went well. And boy you have been doing great with your exercise - how was your walk yesterday?

Sassy - did you survive working this weekend? now are you off for a few days?

Where is Liz and Tip and Cin and all the rest of our gang?

Hope all is well

I've got errands at noon and after work today....tis the season.

hugs & blessings,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/151/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I need a little help this morning. I feel very stressed and I usually eat when I'm stressed, so I've been drinking lots of water instead, but I'm finding myself on the verge of falling apart. I have some Xanax I can take if I need it, but I'm trying to hold off as long as I can before I take any. Don't ask me why I'm trying to hold off, I don't know.

I am scheduled to leave on vacation this Thursday morning (to Maui) and am really looking forward to it. I don't think it's the vacation that's stressing me, it's more trying to get everything done at work (I have 2 jobs) before I leave. And, I don't know about the rest of you, but where I work nothing much gets done when I'm gone and I know I'll be coming back to a pile of paperwork. Argh.

Anyway, any suggestions on how to calm myself down a bit before resorting to drugs?

Thanks.
Tammy
Tamarelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Well I survived the weekend, now we're off all week. (We requested off Thurs & Fri.) We asked our boss for Sat. & Sun off, but our co-worker/friend's grandmother died so we won't be able to take off Sat & Sun. So we go back to work Sat. night.

I started out today getting sick. I think it was something I ate though and not the flu, I don't feel like its the flu.

Well I'm off to go and rest.

TTYL.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Evening everyone! I had a nice little walk yesterday and today I walked to the grocery store after work too. It's just too mild to resist.

I'm not real sure why exercise is going well this time. Usually I go in fits and starts. Food has always been easier for me than getting up and doin' sumpthin'. I'm following BFL and seeing results (duh) maybe that's is

I'm not sure that I have any good suggestions for Tammy I'm thinkin' it's pretty common to feel excited and harried before vacation, especially if we know there's work waiting. Are you able to get the things completed that must be done before you go?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #6  
Paralegal

S/C/G: 242/192/135

Smile Room for more?

Hi everyone. My name is Nikki, and I live in Florida.

I was just wondering if you have room for another member or two? My friend would also like to find a nice thread to join.

I have depression and weight issues and am looking for online friends with the same issues.

Have a great evening!
NikkiGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Wink

Hey all.

I slept for hours so I feel a tad bit better!

Hey Susan! That is great!!!!!

Hi and Nikki and Nikki's friends! This is a great group of truely caring and kind people who have really made a huge difference in my life. I love this site too, it is just filled with great people who are ready to support you every step of the way!

How is everybody??????

Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5'10"

Evening all

Today was a long day for me. I have a 2.5 year old and she is refusing to take naps and I'm exhausted.

Just wanted to check in real quick and say hi to everyone. I'll check in tomorrow. Off to bed now.
mom2sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #9  
BAS
BAS

Default Hi

Hello Nikki - I made it over here finally. How was your day at work? Mine was long 7 to 7. I ate alot of fruit today to keep me full. I also had a few SF hard candies. Time will tell but I'm not ready to weigh in yet. Hopefully by Friday I'll have this new plan down.

Susan - thanks for the welcome. Sure appreciate that.

Nikki and I have been "Diet" buddies for quite a while. We got sick of our old plan big time while both stuck at a plateau. Now we'd like to do our own thing and see how it goes. We 've both learned what makes us gain but haven't figured out how to keep loosing. Just stuck we are.

Okay I must get ready for bed. I've been awake since 3:30 this morning worrying about my DGD who has quite the congestion. She's only 5 and I talked to her tonight. She was coughing so hard that she threw up. Hopefully her mom takes her in tomororw I can't hold out much longer. Of course they always sound worse on the phone than in real life.

I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow - I'm just exhausted. Night everyone

BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Red face Morning

Morning

Well my schedule is all messed up, but that is okay, i'm off until Saturday night!

I feel better, but still not quite 100% yet. All I've been doing is sleeping and drinking lots of liquids. Guess that is what I'm supposed to be doing while I'm sick, right?

Nothing major planned today. DH is going to be helping friends move a desk and I need to work on putting stamps on my Christmas Cards and get those out! We also need to get our little tree out of storage and put it up and also need to clean, but not sure if that will be today or not as it all depends on how I feel later.

Hope you all have a Great Day!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Morning!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:28 AM   #12  
Paralegal

S/C/G: 242/192/135

Hi Sassy,

thank you for such a warm welcome! I haven't yet found time to fully explore this sight. I was just wondering....are you following a specific plan? Are all diet plans allowed here? I've tried about 4 different plans over the years. The last one worked until I hit a big old plateau. Now, I 'm just plain aggravated. I am only half way to my final goal.

Bev, I'm really glad you came over, too. The forums here look fantastic!!!

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday!
NikkiGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:10 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'll be back later (boss is coming )

I just wanted to Nikki and Bev
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Leenie...

Now sure if you remember me from around here.... I dissappeared for ages when my depression hit and all time low this summer... but I am doing well now!

Hello to all the newbies here I hope to get to know you all soon!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/151/135

Hi all - I'm hanging in there and doing my best to get work done before I leave on vacation. Feeling a lot better and more in control today, so I should be OK.
Tamarelle is offline   Reply With Quote