South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Motivated Monday Chat - December 11

Good morning! I've been awake since three, did a bit of sewing and am more than ready to crank up the day. Come and chat!

Claire is coming over this morning to help me hang some pictures and stash away the Country Christmas costumes. I'm hoping she can help me with some shuttle duties as I need to get my car to Athens to get snow-tires. It's sometimes a real drag living in the boonies. Athens has a population of 1000 and I can't imagine spending two to three hours there while my car gets serviced.

The wrapping didn't get done yesterday but there's hope today! Since I was up so early, it'll be an early night.

What's happening in your life this fine wintry morning?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #2  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ruth you early bird!

Morning chickies!

So we went out shopping yesterday and I spent all of my money on kitchen stuff... I just couldn't find anything personal I wanted. In honest truth I'd rather spend the money I'm given to pay off bills but his family said I can't. I ended up getting some nice new canisters for my flour, sugar and splenda that are all the same size and clear. (Lord knows I hate not being able to see how much I have left of something much less having to seperate them into different sized jars.) I bought a nice creme brulee set and new kitchen utencils since our old ones are white. I'm trying to get everything in the kitchen black and stainless steel. White just stains too easy.

I'm doing really well with the stuff I bought at the store Saturday. I portioned everything out and made sticke notes so I know what meats go to what meal. I made spicy tortilla and chicken soup saturday night and Thai chicken stir fry last night. I'm not sure if all of it is on plan or not, but I definately feel a lot better about eatting what I cook than the McDonalds burgers I've been settling for lately.

Today is going to be super stressful for me I think. I have to be here at work of course, but mostly because I have a quiz tonight on polynomials and I'm not all that great with them. So I'll have to study really hard in order to pass this one. I surely don't want the grade I got on the last quiz!

My nutritionist appointment is coming up soon! The 23rd! wow I didn't realize it was 2 days before Christmas. Ah well.... maybe it will help me behave while the holidays are here.

Hope everyone has a good day! Stay OP for me!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

Good morning ladies!

I only have a little time to check in this morning but I haven't posted in a while and I thought I should. It's finals week here at the university. I have two today, in South Western Art History and Art Studio, and two tomorrow in Pre-columbian architecture and world architecture. The hardest one is going to be in Pre-columbian and it's at 7:30 am

I'm graduating on Friday and my grandparents will be here for the ceremony. Then I'm taking the GRE on Saturday. It'll be a little hectic.

As far as dieting goes, I've been kind of bad the past few weeks but I've been maintaining, which is better than gaining.

Anyway, I should get back to studying. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I'm baaack!!

I'm in a great mood this morning. Bossman and I had a wonderful conference in the Dallas area, although the flight back was horrendous. Not to mention the fact that I ate off-SB all week.

Guess what! I'm back up to 113 lbs. How terrible is that?! You may be wondering why I'm so upbeat about it. I'm really not, but I woke up and got my workout done and started back up on P1. I'll stick to P1 for two weeks and then cheat a little on Christmas day and then stick to P2 again. I know that it will be hard to get off the 9 lbs I put back on, but I know that I can do it! I'm feeling super motivated and really ready to get my life back to where it had been before I put on all this weight!

Ruth: Glad to hear that things are going well for you! Hope you're able to go get your snow tires and not wait forever in that little town!! I hope everything else is doing okay...I'll have to read back over the last week when I have time! Have a great day!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #5  

Morning, gals. I ended up getting pulled back into work a couple more times yesterday so I ended up with about 6 hours of work. I feel like the weekend just flew by and I'm starting the week tired (and up on my weight after sending Dh for pizza since I never got to the grocery store yesterday).

I sure hope this ends up being a better week. At least Brian and I worked on Christmas cards last night and this morning and I was able to mail about 70 on the way to the office this morning. Hopefully, we can finish the rest tonight and be done with it. DH helped Brian finish up his carnival project yesterday so that is a load off our minds too. Now we just need to get the tree up. I am running so far behind this year and I have a bunch of stuff to get done at work today so I had better get back to work.

Ruth - glad you are feeling better. I've got a sore inside my lip driving me batty.

chellez - Good luck with the quiz. I vaguely remember polynomials (I was a math programming major) but it was over 20 years ago and the memory has faded.

kaity - Congratulations on your graduation! Maintaining is better than gaining.

Kim - Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet. If you're ever back in the Dallas area, PM me and we can meet at Starbucks or something. Of course, Kiko and I have been trying to meet for years and something always comes up but it would be fun!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Barb: That would have been awesome! You know what? I was actually staying at The Richardson Hotel. It would have been the perfect chance to meet! Well, I will be going to this conference every year around the same time. We'll have to meet up next December! That WOULD be fun!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone,
Just a quick pop-in for me. I've been away all weekend, so this morning I've been trying to catch up on what I should have been doing over the weekend. Anyway, all is well, and we just found out that we'll be welcoming another grandchild into our family around the end of July!!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #8  

Wow lots of wonderful things happen'n to the chicks today!
Kaity: Congrats on Graduating!!!
Kim: Welcome back doll! Just love yer attitude!
Cottage: Congrats Grandmom!!!!!
Barb: I'm sure this will be a better week for you.
Chellez: good luck on that quiz!
Ruth: I'll be wrapping along side you today!

Just a quick pop in, been in and out all weekend and today... now Im off to grocery shop and hit the postoffice!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Well Ladies - here I am after being A.W.O.L. again for a while... I got the flu and actually dropped down to 167... but now I'm back to 185... I don't know what the heck is going on. I realize that sick loss is just temporary, but I wa ssooo motivated when I saw that scale.

BF's xmas party was on saturday and I actually had to go out to buy a dress because it's been so long since I've worn one and I was so depressed that I had to buy the size 14. I thought I was done with that... It's not even the size that bothered me that much, it was all the rolls in my back that I'm sure EVERYBODY saw... I feel so self conscious.

The best thing that happened to me since all this yo-yoing.... BF proposed to me last weekend and we are planning on marrying sooner rather than later - Like January - EEK !!! - way to fast to lose lots of weight, but I sure need to try. P1 here I come !! I've got to get down. It's totally unrealistic and probably not even possible without starving to death (which I won't do), but I'd like to be about 155-160 in a month - I should just give that idea up and plan for 2 lbs a week, but with christmas, I think that's probably unrealistic too.... Ugh....

I saw a girlfriend of mine for the first time in 2 months and she's dropped 35 pounds. She did the Dr. Berstein (sp?) thing and looks great. She said basically to take Vitamin B12 everyday and eat about 1000 calories. She limits her salad intake to 4 cups a day - - I don't know how healthy that is... I could eat 4 cups of salad for dinner.... do you girls think it would work?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #10  

Mgb4t, sorry you gained weight I know how frustrating that is Congrats on the engagement!!!! How exciting for you - and boy oh boy January will be here before you know it!
Most will tell you not to go below 1200 cals a day to lose weight, anytime you limit your calorie intake you will lose -hence her dramatic weight loss on just a 1000 cals a day.
Can she keep it off, thats the question...
Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I think I'd be too hungry at just 1000 calories a day. I am always munching on something
Closed Thread