Old 12-11-2006, 05:05 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's : Monday December 11

GOod MOrning..Well it was a great weekend and a horrible weekend all together in one....
Friday--We saw the Doodlebops..Don't laugh--but they put on such a great show that I may even watch them on tv on Disney. The girls loved it, but it was horrible seats in the balcony so they really couldnt see well..Saturday--K's birthday party..It was nice and MIL missed it!! We will have to celebrate her birthday next week when it really is..As a joke, I put in a bid of $20 for 4th row front stage seats for the Doodlebops on Sunday(about an hour drive away)--and won..That show was totally awsome..K likes Moe and almost fell out when he came down the stage to the seats--Let's see $120/4 for crappy seats, and then $20/3 tickets of great seats..Go figure.

Sunday morning--my mom calls and tells me my cousin was killed on the way home from a Christmas party..His father(my uncle) has been battling depression since Vietnam and is really not handling this well(who could)
He was to turn 29 the day after Christmas..Everyone was following home after the party ended and the driver behind him said he totally missed the stop sign and hit a 18 wheeler truck and was crushed in his truck..They called his parents and mine, and they waited almost 2 hrs for them to cut him out..He was dead at the scene..Yesterday, my uncle just paced--screaming--refusing to take his heart/blood pressure pills or eat..and stated he didnt care if he lived or died..I hate to even think of the funeral(he is still in the morgue for an autopsy--so nothing is scheduled yet)Pray for my family..

Ok--off to work for more bad news(Holiday time is soo terrible for accidents etc)Take care all!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

RR~So sorry to hear about your cousin, that is so tragic. Your poor uncle, I cannot even begin to imagine how he must be feeling...the pain of losing a child has got to be the absolute worst thing anyone could have to deal with. Is the autopsy to see why he ran the stop sign? Do they think that something happened to him before the accident? Our thoughts will be with you and your family, again I am so sorry for your loss.

Well, not much going on here today, feeling kind of lazy and crappy and it's raining, so that doesn't help the mood. Have had a headache for a couple of days that won't quit, not a migraine, I think it is sinus crap, but I can't shake it.

Lawrence~I am feeling much the way you are, so don't avoid us, let's all get through our crappy feeling mood together.....

Holy~That dress is beautiful! You have an amazing talent there! I am a little envious that you have so many things to go to where you get to dress up so beautifully too! I cannot remember the last time that DH and I had to really *dress to the nines* for anything!

Hope that everyone has a great day and I hope that the sun is shining where you are!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR, I'm soo sorry about your cousin. I will pray for the family, especially your uncle. Glad you enjoyed the concert...when they come on TV, Peter just says, "Oh no, NOT the Doodlebops!"

Darcy, I'm there with you on the sinus crap. The boys have been snotty sick for like a month now, Peter's miserable. And he keeps getting in my face and I keep telling him to stay away so I don't get sick! It's not working and each AM I wake up feeling worse. Ran the warm humidifier last night though and I think it helped us all a bit. If nothing else, it kept the room warmer!

OK, I know we're all busy with holiday stuff, and I know the holidays are not the best time for people emotionally, but we've got to stick together and make our way through it!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i'll do what i can, gosh i'm very sorry to hear about your family

thanx for the compliment I only get to wear stuff like this once a year, i can't deal with going to air force functions.

i was having a nightmare last night, woke up feeling real scared......woke up the dog so I could feel better knowing he was there....i wish my hubby was home
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone, I'm back!! I'm not going to wade through everything I missed, so someone tell me if anything important happened! Hawaii is a lot more fun without kids. Well, small kids anyhow. It was fun being away, but I'm so glad to be home.

RR: I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin and your uncle. I cannot imagine the pain of loosing a child. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lauren: I hear you on the sick kids. Alex started throwing up on the plane on the way home. I've been trying to keep him out of Cassie's face, but it hasn't been easy.

Darcy and Lauren: Nasal saline! It's gross, but it does help.

Holy: Sorry to hear about the nightmares. I hate having unsettling dreams. When is your hubby coming home?

Well, mountains of laundry await!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Home Karen! Hope you had at least a little bit of fun! Sorry Alex is sick...it's definitely going around...a lot of the kids and a few moms on the other board I post on have it right now. Should be gone in 24-48 hrs. though.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote