Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #1  
Whitney on LAWL

S/C/G: 174.6/158.8/145

Height: 5'3

Unhappy having a really rough week!

I just found out this morning that a guy that I went to high school with commited suicide in his dorm room. Last night a really close friend of mine was admitted to a mental institution, and on that same night the great grandmother of girl who lives in the room next to me died. I also have finals coming up next week so i'm trying to prepare for them and I just feel like I'm drowning in all of the work I have to do.

This is also preventing me from staying op. Today I felt horrible and had a cupcake, no vegetables, one protein, 2 fruits, and 3 starches. I don't want to set myself further back from my goal, but I feel like I'm reverting back to my old habits--using food to feel better. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear from you. This is definitely a trying time for me!
tigerpawswhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

When things seem to be totally out of control in my life, I have found that pre-planning my meals seems to bring some balance. Staying OP is the one thing that I can control, and it helps me feel better, which helps me deal with the other chaos better.

That being said, you are going through a rough time. Don't be so hard on yourself. Just recognizing that you could revert back to old habits is a NSV. Just remember, if you aren't being good to yourself (by staying OP and keeping yourself healthy), you will be of no good to others who may need your support. (You can't give away what you don't have).

I don't have a simple answer to your problem. If I did, I probably wouldn't be overweight and on this board. But know that we are here for you, and that we have all gone through rough patches.

Hugs
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

I agree with Cassi! (as usual!) It's hard when it feels like things are spinning out of control and you can see the huge roller coaster mountain up ahead that you're about to go over - but the good new is... you WILL go over! In other words, you can mourn the loss of your high school friend but probably never understand his actions. You can be there for your friend in the institution because honey, her mountain may be a LOT larger than yours. And you can be a shoulder for your friend that lost her grandmother. But when you look at your priorities, your finals are at the top of the list (I assume) right UNDER eating healthy and trying to be POP. Let's face it... you can't be all things to all people, and you have to take care of you first and deal with the rest as it come. There are mountains and valleys... you need your strength for the mountains and in the valleys, you rest in preparation for the next mountain...
Hang in there girlfriend. Instead of reaching for a cupcake which will give you a sugar high and perhaps a headache afterwards, reach for a book to study, go for a quick paced walk to clear your head, or just have a few minutes quiet time to get your head straight.
As Cassi said, we're here for you and you can do it!
You're worth it!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #4  
Whitney on LAWL

S/C/G: 174.6/158.8/145

Height: 5'3

thank you girls so much for the support. you're words really inspired me and brought tears to my eyes. i realized that i can control my eating and i don't want to jeopardize all of the work i've put into this lifestyle!
tigerpawswhit is offline   Reply With Quote