Old 12-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/142/125

Height: 5'4

Default I Gave In

I plateaued at 142 and stayed there for about 2 weeks and yesterday I find that I weigh 141 lbs. I was glad that the scale shifted a little but guess what I did today? I went nuts! I am supposed to have 3 starches only but I tripled that..........had no protein, tripled my LA Lites serving per day and uped my coffee intake to 4 cups!.........

Why oh why did I do that? While the scale didn't budge for 2 weeks I was POP and finally when I lost one lousy pound I celebrated like there was no tomorrow by ruining it all!! I probably gained 5 pounds because of those damn LA LITES.

Besides doubling my water intake what should I do to get back on plan? I totally let myself down!........I also find that breastfeeding drives my ravings for carbs and chocolate out of control.

Please advice!!
Julia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Lemon water or Take Off would be other good options. Otherwise, just stick OP and the weight will come off-it's just water weight. I lost my 5 Turkey day pounds after 2 days of TO.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Julia.......did you ever get your plan upped as far as food amounts? Did you ask the COD if you were on the right plan? What plan are you on? I am still thinking that you are not getting enough food. Do you work outside of the home? How old is your baby? Is your baby soley breast feeding? I know, I know, a thousand questions.......but I don't want to give you my opinion unless I know what your situation is. When you are breast feeding, things are a bit more delicate. Don't give up.........I had a day like that yesterday.......and I am not breast feeding. I am back on plan now, and you can be too Maybe you already are, but if you are not, you DO NOT have to wait until tomorrow to get back OP. You can start right now. That is how you regain control. And then, you have to talk yourself through it. You can do it.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #4  

You ladies are great!

MamaNicole, I never did talk to COD about the plan and breastfeeding....But they do know I am breastfeeding though. I see them today and I will have to mention this concern, I never did last time because it slipped my mind! They kept on telling me that I should lay off the peanut butter because it's not natural peanut butter.......I should mention that I am starving most of the time. I am not breastfeeding solely, unfortunately. I breastfeed him for about 1 hour a day or less... He is now 3 months old and I am on mat leave for a year......I hate exercising, including walking, so I never get any activity, I just hate breaking a sweat! I hate exercising period. lol

I weighed myself today and gained 2 damned pounds. I have been sticking to plan though.....Christmas gift shopping has got me stressed out. And I can't do takeoff because I am breastfeeding....Do you ladies suggest I do TO, because losing 5 lbs like buffystar would make my week!

Thanks ladies!

J
Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

*duh! I totally missed the breastfeeding part. I'm so sorry. I don't know about doing TO, just because you probably need as much extra nourishment for your baby. But you'll get the 2 lbs off I would kill to be at your weight right now~
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #6  
Post-Master

Julia...............I hope you got some better info from your COD today. My COD says I should never be hungry. A lot of people tend to have trouble getting in all of their food in a day. If you can tolerate, and like brocolli, I would try that for your vegie at least once a day. It is a complex carbohydrate, and it actually fills you up a bit. I also would not worry about the peanut butter. You can let them assume it is natural pb. When I eat pb, I eat the good stuff. Also, COD will tell you that beef is bad..............I have found that when I eat beef, I almost always have a great losing week. It is probably just a coincidence. I have been making a beef stew with potatos, carrots, and stew meat. It is very simple, and DELICIOUS!!! When I eat it, I count it as one protein, one starch (only 1/2 of a potato), and I don't eat the carrots, but only because I don't like them. I usually count it as 1 fat too, cuz I eat just a couple spoonfuls of the broth and beef is a fattier meat. Anyway......you do need to find menus that make you feel satisfied. I would very much stay on them if you still feel hungry. If they don't help you, go over their head. You have paid a lot of money for this program........and it is THEIR job to help you get it working. I promise you, it will work. Also, when I was nursing, I went to a couple of leleche league meeting, and they advised to increase protein, and one of their suggestions was peanutbutter!!!

And.......don't feel bad about nursing your baby 1 hour a day.....just enjoy (or try to.....sometimes it is not all it is cracked up to be!!!) what time you do have nursing. It is a tough job being a mom. Breastfeeding is not always easy, and sometimes it can end up making you feel so tied down, and out of control of your own body. You can't take the drugs you need to.....you are not supposed to drink alcoholic beverages.........you have to be there.....all the time........but it also has it's good points.......that bond with your baby, and it gets more and more rewarding, as your baby starts interacting with you more and more. You are giving your baby such an advatage by nursing him, even if it is only once a day. A lot of mom's only nurse for a few weeks, some for a few months, and some for a year or two. It is a very individual and personal decision, and whatever amount of time you decide on is yours to decide. For some reason, so many try to persuade and convince you what is right for you and your baby. Only you know........you have this wonderful instinct inside of you that tells you how to care for your baby. The smartest thing you can do for you and your baby is to learn how to listen to it. Of course, we are all always learning and growing.......and other people have valuable lessons to share from their own experiences...........but when it all comes down.........mom really does know best. So keep your chin up, girlie, and know that your baby is lucky to have you.

And that leads to my last question.......about your work status. I asked because, I am a housewife. I have worked, not worked, done home daycare, gone to school part time, full time, all of these different scenarios as a mom. The times that I have not had a lot of out of the house involvement, I have been at a risk for depression. Not the kind where you can't get out of bed, or the kind that hinders your functionality (did I just make that word up????), but the kind that doens't allow you to feel joy..to feel love......the kind that makes you kind of numb. And I have never been diagnosed with post partum depression, or depression, but there are certain situations that make me more down than others. Now somewhere, there is this unwritten notion that it is easy and desirable to beable to stay home with our babies........and there is something inside of us that drives us to care for our children........but staying home is the opposite of being easy .......and it comes with a lot of sacrifice.........and my problem was that I most often sacrificed ME and my needs. It is very difficult to find the balance once you become a mommy. Getting out was not really an option for me when my babies were little, cuz they cried and cried and cried, and noone wanted to babysit them!!! 3 out of 5 were colicky. I found ways to stay sane, by visiting girlfriends that had kids......having them over........talking on the phone.......I did go and get my nails done once in a while (only takes 45 minutes, and I was able to bribe people to stand the crying for that long)....and the beloved internet. Maybe you have not experienced any of this, or have not yet, or maybe you won't at all.......but my point (drawn out as it is) is that sometimes being blah can really hinder weight loss.

I DO NOT suggest a TO. You will just have to wait it out. Talk to your COD....they owe it to you........you paid them!!! When I really think I just can't take it, and I HAVE to eat something, I eat SF jello and FF cool whip. It makes me feel better. But, really, find out about getting more food. Good luck!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #7  
LAWL since October, 2006

Nicole - Well Said!
Julia, I don't have alot to offer, but I am with you! I do know about the whole being POP, and not loosing pounds, - finally losing, then "blowing it". I did that just yesterday, and I do feel down and ashamed. But you know what?? We don't need to feel that way. We can pick our selves up, dust ourselves off, and get back at it again. I didn't get overweight by having one or two bad days. It was the one or two bad days that turned into weeks and months...
Nicole has offered alot of good advice and encouragement, as do the other wonderful ladies on this forum. Know that you have a bunch of friends here who cheer each other on in the good times, and help each other down off that ledge on the bad days too..
Take Care!
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #8  

MamaNicole, your post almost made me cry! Such encouraging words, thank you soo much. Well, I did go to the clinic yesterday and got to speak to the manager. She was great. She held my baby while she took her time answering my questions. We both realised something......I wasn't getting the right servings of protein. I wasn't accurate enough. I have been eating half the right amount of tuna, cottage cheese, etc....I can't believe I didn't figure that one out sooner. I still have my pregnancy brains.

As for becoming a mother.....Wow, it's really been hard I must say. The first couple of weeks were ****, more for him than me.........He was constantly crying and nothing I did consoled him, I guess he was colic like your children were. But it is getting better and we are bonding better too. You sound like a great mom!!!! You're the sweetest! Oh and I do feel extremely guilty for spending 1500 on the plan, so I agree that I shouldn't hold back from asking all my questions.

Makena thanks for your post also, I also did feel ashamed when I cheated and guilty too because of the money I spent being on this program. Especially with a baby that needs formula, dipers, etc....But you're so right, I could always get back on track and that's what I did today.

Thanks again ladies.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #9  
Post-Master

Barb.......glad things are looking up today!!! Protein is super important for successful b.f. I'm glad your COD was helpful. Keep on keeping on, girlie.........Makena is right........you CAN do this p.s. kiss that baby for us!!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #10  

will do mamanicole!