General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Red face Chick Lits Book Club, A Million Little Pieces, thru page 358

Good morning everybody. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I know I sure did, but am also glad it's over. Got to get back to normal. I'm not sure how many of you are left here but I suppose we will be finishing up the book for Monday, December 4. Wow it's gonna be December already.

Just for the heck of it, although I'm not sure if anyone is interested - would anyone like to start another book after this one is finished? Anyone? Will if yes, we'd love to hear from you and you can start making suggestions for the next book.

Okay some thoughts up through page 358:

I suppose it was finally revealed the reason for his addiction. His so called Fury. I love how he capitalizes certain words. His father was away a lot. And his mother wanted to protect him more then his other brother. And this hearing thing. I guess he was in an extreme amount of pain as a very young child. It is very scary how a doctor did not pick up on it.

I don't know about anybody else, but when he was removing his toenail I was sick to my stomach, way, way, way sicker then when he was having his teeth fixed. In fact I had to skim through it, I was practically physically ill from it.

Lily seems to have had an absolutely heartbreaking life. When that guy was telling James about how she was passed around and then they put a garbage bag on her, heartwrenching, just heartwrenching.

Also when his parents are there and then they just pick up and leave because of business and James handles it so well. He's only 23 and has been through he-l and yes he seems so mature to me and his thoughts are so clear and intelligent. It kinda almost doesn't make sense to me. And then he says he just decides he's never going to use again. He's made the decision and that's that. So simple. After being sooo heavily addicted for so long.

And do you think James and Lily really, really, really love one another? Or do they just need one another? It's funny, he's been been in trouble with the law, a drug dealer, squirmished with cops, almost killed somebody (the guy that told him all that stuff about Lily), breaks rules and so on and so on - but I find myself really liking him. I think he's really a good guy.

Another thing that doesn't sit well with me, I completely understand them having rules about females and males not interacting, but why they heck don't they have separate rehab centers for men and women? Why give them so much temptation? It's almost like you're asking people to screw up in that respect.

And what was up with Lincoln, they kick poor Lily out when she absolutely needs them the most. Yes she broke a big rule, but come on. And then they go searching for her, she's done crack so now they can take her back into rehab. How good of them.

All right I'm done for now.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:19 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Fed up you changed your name.

I am still reading don't worry . I haven't given up. Had to return the book today but I managed to get another one.

He is so hard on his parents . I really feel for his parents. They did seem to care for him. He was just one of these kids who went off on the wrong side of the tracks. His parents could have been more attentive maybe with the alcohol. There seemed to be an abbundance of it at all the parties and dinners they had.

He did suffer a lot with the ear infections, I'm surprised his mother didn't pick up on that.

The toe thing was hard to read and also when he was throwing up really badly . I didn't want to read that but couldn't put it down.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Helllooooooooooooo. Anybody there? Well just in case there's still even a slilght interest in our book club, just wanted to let you know that we should be finishing up the book and will be having our discussion on the entire book this Monday, December 4th. Hope to hear from some of you on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #4  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm still here almost finished the book.
Closed Thread