Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Problem-too much to drink!

I wasnt sure where to put this cuz it doesnt really have to do with dieting but it has to do with health and such. I have a problem. I am always thirsty. And i drink water too. I have a 25 oz. water bottle that i drink 5+ times daily. Plus i drink milk and tea and the occasional soda. I am 5'3" and 150ish pound. I have no idea why im always thirsty, and its getting worse and worse. Im not dehydrated cuz i drink all the time. And even if it there is nothing wrong and im just thirsty a lot, i dont really mind always drinking. Its the always having to go pee that drives me crazy!: Any help or tips you can offer would be great. Thanks!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

As I read your post, I immediatly saw a red flag for diabetes. Thirst is one of the symptoms that people have. Many people with type 2 diabetes never show any signs. But some people do show symptoms. The most common symptoms of type 2 diabetes are:

Greater need to urinate
Frequent hunger or thirst
Weight loss
Blurred vision
Tingling/numbness in hands or feet
Feeling tired
Very dry skin
Slow-healing sores
Infections

I'm not saying this is what's causing your thirst, but that's the first thing I thought of. I am diabetic. If you have any family history or any of the other symptoms, my advise would be for you to check it out with your doctor. I don't mean to scare you, but that's what I thought of first when I read your post.

Reba

Last edited by RebaR; 11-23-2006 at 11:24 PM.
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

My first thought was diabetes too ... please get checked and let us know the outcome...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

There are lots of medications that can make you feel dry and thirsty. Again ... that's a good reason to check with your doctor.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/187/154

Height: 5'6"

I found out I was diabetic because of the constant thirst. The more you drink the worse it gets. If you know anyone who is diabetic, they can check your blood sugar level for you. Do it today - thirst indicates its out of control.

Misa
IamMisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #6  
one day at a time

Hey everyone. Thanks for your help. I went to the doctor today cuz of some other health issues ive been having so tomorrow i am getting blood work *cringe* They are testing many things including my blood sugar and such so i should be able to find out if i am diabetic or not. Please keep me in your thoughts. I am incredibly needle-phobic. Thanks for your responses
Old 12-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

so...how did the appointment/blood work go??

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #8  
one day at a time

All the blood work came out okay. They found nothing wrong. I know i should be thankful but im kind of frustrated cuz i want to know what is going on w/ my body.
In another topic i told that i havent had my period in 9 months and i gained 35 pounds in less than a year and i cant loose it no matter what.
I am going to have an MRI soon to look and my thyroid and stuff, hopefully it will tell what is wrong.
Thanks for asking! Hopefully soon all my questions will be answered!