Old 11-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #1  

Default LA on line

Does anyone do LA on line? I am thinking about doing that, I hate to go into the center 3 times a week. Do you all like it, or not. I really need help doing this and thought this would help. Please reply.
bkstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

The LA At Home is not used instead of going to the COD, it is in addition. You still have to go and weigh in.

Here's a cut and paste of a post I did a few weeks ago:

Welcome Jormom! I use the LA site - I got it at the open house when they discounted it 30%. Here's my review:

Message Boards - I think because they have so many boards, there isn't a lot of action. They have boards for each color plan, and then each group of weight loss - (50 and underlbs to lose, 50-100, 100+, at maintenance, halfway, etc, etc). This board is much better, and I think the girls on here are more informed than a lot on that site.

Food Diary - Very slow and awkward to use. Better off using your diary from COD and Fitday (free) if you want to track.

Weight Tracker - Very basic - just your weight. Better off using Fitday (free) to give you reports, etc.

LA Chef - If you like to cook, this is the best part (to me) of the site. You can e-mail the chef any recipe and they will give it an LAWL makeover for you.

E-mail the dietician - You can send any questions on new products or on the plan to the dietician and they will answer you within one business day. This is cool too, but you also can have the COD do it for you.

I don't know if I will renew my membership after it expires, but I am sending recipes to the chef, and I can search the message boards in a thread where others post their recipes from the chef. And I like being able to send the dietician a question in my own words when I feel like it, and then getting a response back directly. But I don't really use the other parts of the site.

Hope all this helped. And again - welcome to the board!

Last edited by bizlawchik; 02-22-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: New thing - You can now join online and not go in. The website has been revamped as well.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'10

I actually do the la weight loss online plan. I really like it. Better than going in. Its very convienent vs going into the center. You do your weigh in's your self and track your own progress. There is a dietician hotline that is available 24 hours aday. The girls I have talked to are so very helpful. The receipes are great. The online diary is very easy to use. It shows you your plan daily you add food and it automatically subtracts it for you. I would never go back to a center after using this tool. but to each his own. I think the people on this board and the people on the la at home message board provide enough support that i dont need a counseler's help. Hope I could assist
Oh So Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

What's the web address for LA at Home?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #5  

laathome.com.

You have to pay to use it if you use a center. I like its 99.00 a year. Or you can do just the web instead of the center and its 14.95 a month. It doesnt really let you explore however untill you sign up. Maybe the center has more info or examples...let me know if you have questions.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #6  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Height: 5'4"

I too am on LAWL Online. When I first did LAWL, I was in a center but when I moved, I no longer had a center close to me. So a few months later I stumbled upon the opportunity to use LAWL but online. Its convenient because the Lites just get shipped to my house, I weigh in at home and I get great support from all the people on the message boards there and here. I don't have to worry about trying to get into a center 3 times a week.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents about La at Home.
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #7  

Hi Erika, I am MrsRjizzle from the LA at home message board. Good to see a familer screen name, hahaha
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Sara! Come join us on the Losers and Friends thread where most of our daily chatter takes place.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #9  
Kris

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/180

Height: 5'8"

I recently joined LAWL and opted to get the online piece immediately. I find it fairly helpful except I have one complaint. I know you aren't supposed to split stuff but there is no way I can't eat 3 cups of lettuce at one time. I only use one and the add other vegetables to get to the full vegetable allotment for that meal. However, the diary portion does not have one-third as an option. If they can have one-eighth, one-fourth, and one-half, would it kill them to have one-third? Would be helpful when it comes to lettuce and peanut butter.

The support boards are fairly informative, but this board has a lot more action on it.

Oh well - it is just my opinion...
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #10  

Just a quick question for those have you that have been on LAWL online for awhile. Does the online store ever have sales on lites and supplements, etc..Please let me know. I havent seen it happen yet...

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #11  
Erika on LAWL

S/C/G: 189.6/171.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sara,

I have yet to see a sale on lites but I have seen sales on the supplements and the snacks. For instance I think the snacks are 5 boxes for $25 right now.

Hope this helps!
Chick With Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:32 AM   #12  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

My center is having a week long sale/promotional thing. I'm told that there will be some pretty decent sales and its a good time to stock up on stuff... I don't know if other centers do this, but I guess it's a yearly thing here
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #13  

Thanks Erika and Kim!

Always looking for a deal ya know. Im gonna try with out lites and use the lunas untill i get discouraged and then i will follow POP!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 328/328/250

Height: 5'8"

hHi there! I am very interested in LAWL online, but I don't see how or if it is even posible to sign-up without going to a center. I travel so much in my job and it makes it very difficult to get to a center on a regular basis so I thought LAWL online sounds like a great option. Any advice?
Thanks!
SaphhireJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #15  

if you go to la weightloss.com there is a link for la at home on the webpage thats how i signed up.