South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #1  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Where do I begin?

I have heard nothing but good things about SBD and want to start.
I am having my tonsils and adenoids removed on Monday and would like to begin SBD the week thereafter. *I have been on WW for the past 3 months and have hit a complete plateau, so I'm ready to try something fun and new*
Do I buy a book somewhere that will tell me what to eat, and how much? Is there anything I need to know before starting? I am ready to go in full force, as I'd love to lose this extra 13 lbs before the start of the new year.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Awww I love my pit bull too!!

Besides that.... The first biggest step is checking out our FAQ Section and this thread for the basics. You'll start out in Phase 1 where you will hopefully lose a nice chunk of weight before moving onto Phase 2. We have tons of recipes in our recipe forum to choose from. If you want to purchase the book, I recommend either buying it online at Amazon or you can get it at Barnes & Noble. I bought the paperback edition for about $16.95 at B & N. It's also handy to get a highlighter and highlight the things you think will help you the most.

Personally I recommend getting involved with the girls here on the board. If there are a few days that go by that I don't post for some strange reason I slack off. Ruth usually makes a Phase 1 thread so that people can post their menus daily. I'm sure the same can be done for Phase 2 if needed.

I hope this helped. If it's needed I'm alway avaliable to chat.... just shoot me a private message!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Jenn - Just wanted to say that you might not lose a huge chunk of weight on phase 1 since you've already started your weight loss journey, but don't get discouraged! You will probably lose several pounds and kick start your weight loss again... I say this cause each time I go back to Phase 1 the weight loss is never the same as it was that initial time (which was due to water weight etc. that comes off at the beginning of weight loss).
Closed Thread