Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and ChitChat #220.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies!!

The sun is shining brightly today and it's down right cold!!! I keep hearing about a bad storm brewing but haven't seen it yet. Hoping it isn't as bad as they keep saying it is.

Not a lot going on today. James may have to work so not sure what we're doing yet. Just got up!! We finally went to bed aroun 4:00 this morning!!!!!! Waaaayyyy too late for me!

Sorry for not doing individuals at this time, I will catch up on then next time.

Hugs to all!!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

MARTI...When I watched the news this morning, they said the storm will be coming in between 10pm Sunday and 2am Monday. They also said that we should be prepared for power outages, fun...not!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Brrrrrrrr

Hi Ya Ladies. Well the weather has changed here. Its cold and rainy outside now. I guess that explains why my backs been aching! lol.

The flu is going around work here badly. I sure hope me or DH doesn't get it!! Since our co worker called in tonight, we called our boss and she said we could stay over a few hours in the AM, if we wanted too, for some more OT. So she said she will leave it up to us and how we feel.

So whats up in the JL's world? Anything new?

I hope you all stay warm and stay safe from the storms, Michelle!

Old 11-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a "drive-by" posting again. I am not feeling well and haven't for a couple days. Can't figure out my problem...I feel very full, even though I haven't eaten much and have some high stomach pains along with my usual side pain. pain in my back also..up high. Ugh. Just not fun! I managed to walk yesterday anyway, but not today.
DH went to visit family, but I declined. I did bake a pie for him to take.
Finally got the luggage...just a simple 25" rolling bag for each of us. I had looked a larger ones, but hard for me to handle if DH is not with me, and I couldn't fit everything into a smaller one. I have been told that I should be able to get 2 weeks worth of things in a 25" bag...yeah, well, I always take wayyyy to much when I travel.

Talk to you all tomorrow....
Old 11-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #6  
~Believe~

Red face Morning

Morning all.

I can't sleep. I'm sleepy, but I just can't seem to fall asleep. Ever be tired but you just keep hearing every single sound? That is me.......I know I need to go to sleep and my body knows it I just think my brain doesn't know it yet. lol. At first I thought it was the downstairs neighbors, but looked outside they are gone. So not sure.........Maybe its all in my head. lol.

Sue -- Your pain sounds simular to what my DH had before he had his gallbladder taken out. Have ever had them check yours? Just a thought....

I hope you all are well.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear some of you are going to have storms tonight. I hope no one loses power...that is the worst. We didn't have power for 3 weeks during Hurricane Katrina and I couldn't stant it...it was awful...we did leave and go to my in-laws in Florida after a few days, but it was hard to that because you couldn't get gas anywhere between here and Florida...we actually ran out of gas 45 minutes from Pensacola, but my FIL had gas cans ready and brought them to so we could make it the rest of the way.

This weekend I have eaten somethings I shouldn't have eaten. Yesterday I took my son to one of friend's birthday parties and it was also my husband's brithday, too, so I was bombarded with cake...and I ate some...oops...I haven't had cake in probably 2 months....I hope it won't do too much damage to my weight watchers weigh in tomorrow. I did go walking this morning so maybe that helped a little.

I hope you are all having a good weekend.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

Not much going on with me today, taking it easy after yesterday. We finished off the gravel work. Still had some gravel left that needs to be raked in a pile and put under the deck but for the most part we got it all done and it looks good! And the parade was awesome! I was a little surprised at the low turn out but then there's never many people that go to almost any parade around here, sad but true. Anywho...

MARTI & MICHELLE...hope the storms aren't too bad. I hate bad storms and once in a while we get them here. It's been a while thank goodness. We are supposed to get a little bit of rain, not enough to say we actually got any but anything is better than nothing. It sure turned cold though. I was enjoying the 70's and 80's last week.

SUE...hope you get to feeling better soon and figure out what is wrong. I hate when I feel bad and can't put my finger on what is wrong. Glad you found some luggage. Bet you guys can't wait to go to Vegas baby!

SASSY...hope you managed to finally get some sleep. I had a night like that a few nights ago. I tossed and turned all night and finally went to sleep about 4 a.m. I went to bed at 10:30 and kept hearing noises. Half the time I think it is the kids but this was coming from out front. Every time I looked out the window I saw nothing. Of course that was the morning I had to get up at 7 a.m. But I did sleep good the next night!

MELODY...I wouldn't think a little bit of cake would totally mess up your WI at WW. Especially since you said you went walking...you probably worked it all off so don't fret. That must have been scary...the whole Katrina thing. My heart went out to all the people when that happened but it seemed like everyone was so focused on New Orleans and we didn't hear much about MS or the other places, not much anyway. The whole thing was so sad. I just saw Friday night where some of the people have finally gone back only to be screwed again by contractors. I honestly don't know how people can take advantage of people that are already down but trying to come back.

Hi to everyone else Hope all is well with you and yours in your corner of the world.

Been trying to read a book I checked out at the library. Hoping it gets me in the reading mood. Of course after reading a few chapters I hope it doesn't make me cry. It's about a woman who wants a baby and feels God kind of missed her prayers. She is surrounded by family who have lots of kids. It's called When The Heart Cries by Kim Vogel Sawyer...a good Christian read. I've got tons of books that I have bought and need to read but this grabbed me while I was there. Anyway...no special plans for tomorrow. Going to clean house and go to It Figures. And if I hear back from this lady (Jana) I am going to go to a Blue Star Mothers Chick Flick & Chili night get-together. You will not believe how I tried to find some sort of support group for Military Moms in Wichita. I was reading the paper and in the Community section on Thursday this was there. I was so happy. But we've been playing phone tag, lol. It sounds like fun though and I look forward to it.

Take care ladies
Old 11-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #9  

CRISTINA...At first I didn't know it was you, because you changed your name LOL! When did you change it to your new one? Our weather is starting to change right now, pouring down rain and the winds are picking up. This is the best weather to pick up a book and just lounge around.

SUE...I hope your pain is starting to let up and you're feeling better. You need to get better for your upcoming trip.

SASSY...Sorry your nice weather is changing, because I know how the cold can really affect the way I feel too, but then, so can the horrible heat too.

MELODY...Treating yourself once in awhile is absolutely find IMO, and it's been two months, so I'm sure you were fine.

Not much going on here today. I started back with my exercising yesterday, but I usually take Sundays off since the whole family is home.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:45 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Talking Tgimmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Gals! T.G.I.M!!!!! (Thank Goodness It's Monday!!!!!) I could not wait until 4 AM hit and I could sign out of my phone! Lets just say I am so happy to be home and not on the phone! lol.

Making me some coffee. I know stupid since I am going to bed in a bit, but I am craving it so I'm going to have a cup or so and if I can't sleep then its okay because I am OFF for 3 days!!!!!!!!

Oh and I finally did get to sleep around 10 AM. yesterday morning.

Its 36 here now. But its okay. It feels like it should be this time of year. I actually want to be cuddled up with a cup of coffee and watch some tv.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #11  

SASSY...SO glad you have three days off now, because I think you're really needing it!!!

Well we definitely got our big wind and rain storm last night! In our area, we had wind gusts up to almost 60 mph, and there were lots of trees down, and some went through people's roofs. Our lights flickered about three times, but luckily we never lost power. The coast is where it was hit the hardest. The beach we always go to had wind gusts of 88 mph, but one part of the coast had wind gusts of 102 mph. I'm just glad it's over and now today there is 100% chance of rain, but up in the 50s.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #12  

Just a quickie this morning. The rain storm didn't affect us much at all except getting everything wet. I'm so far inland I guess that the winds just didn't get that high around here. (That or I just slept through the worst of it)

Better get moving. I got up a little later than usual and I'm behind.

Have a great Monday.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #13  
Maria

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'2"

Marti and Michelle - my daughter lives in Eureka, CA, not far at all from Oregon. Are you far from there?
Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Too many posts since I was here last to try and keep up, but I'm so glad to see all the posts.

The weekend was hectic, but fun. Then today, I took the twins to preschool for Mary then got my hair cut and visited with my sister while I waited for the kids. Their school lasts only 2 1/2 hours.

It's sort of cold and windy here in southern Indiana, but since it's almost the middle of November, I guess it's supposed to be this way.

What are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving next week? Have a good day, and I'll chat to you later.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

MICHELLE...I asked Suzanne yesterday to change my username. I use this one a lot on things and have always liked it. Was thinking about changing my e-mail address to it. Glad you guys didn't lose power. We have a few times but I always keep candles around and we have two oil lights that we have used probably about 3 or 4 times. One time last year it went out for about 3 or 4 hours. I was just glad that I had a pot of chili for dinner already cooked in the crock pot.

SASSY...I've never been a coffee drinker. I think it smells soooo good and have tried it a couple of times but I could not stand the taste, ick! Have you seen that Wrigley's has a new coffee flavored gum? I saw that when I bought gas a few days ago. I asked the cashier if she had tried it and if it really taste like coffee. She said yes, and if you don't like coffee you won't like the gum. Glad you finally managed to get some sleep.

MARIA...Eureka, CA is a BEAUTIFUL! I miss CA...lived there for about 20 years if not longer.

JANE...we are going to have Thanksgiving dinner...just the four of us, but I will be thinking about Josh as I always do. Then me and Vince are going to do Christmas lights outside. This year we are doing the icicle lights around the whole house...something different even though I prefer color lights. We've done the same thing the last two years here and wanted to try something different. Then we'll put green lights in the two fronts trees, and red lights around the window and garage, I have candles for the back windows and red and green lights around the sliding door with the icicle lights around the deck. I hope we always decorate our house because it cheers me up and I love doing it for the neighborhood.

Hi to everyone else

Not much going on today. Went to exercise and am happy to say I am down 1 pound! WOOHOO! Now to keep going down. Who knows, maybe I will make my Christmas day goal. I haven't straightend up the house yet. Had to run to Walgreens to get a few things for tonight. I finally talked to Jana...the lady who is hosting the Blue Star Mothers and we will be having some chili, watching a movie, (yeah right!) and packing a box for our son or daughter. So had to pick up some things for those boxes. And I am supposed to take something for dinner and had no clue what to take so I made brownies and pound cake. She had told me that they are relatively new and just starting out so there are only 6 of them so far and they only meet once a month. Anyway, I look forward to meeting them all and finally chatting with other mothers who have a son or daughter that is deployed. Anywho...don't want to go on and on.

Take care ladies...see ya!
Closed Thread