Old 11-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hey All

I have been reading posts here and there and I need to just write something. I need to do something about my weight. I am so sick and tired of being fat. I am tired of not having energy to play with my 2 year old. I want to be here for a long time and I want to teach my kids good eating habits and right now I am not doing that. So, here I am to make changes starting right now. I already messed up today and had 3 pancakes and a glass of coke. Usually this would throw me into a full day of crappy eating and loads of sugar. Well, I am starting over RIGHT NOW! I don't even care that I am starting after I have messed up today. I know that I need to make a change, and NOW!
So, I am 25, married with two sons, 2 and 3 months. I am hoping that once I actually pay attention to what I put into my mouth and start walking during the day with my kids, the weight will come off quickly. I am still not at my pre-pregnancy weight and I am still nursing so hopefully that will help. Anyhoo, I hope I can help others as well as receive help.
I am excited to start this journey again with all of you!
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #2  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Good for you!! Especially on starting over right now; you don't need to beat yourself up when you mess up, just learn from it and move on. I know when I beat myself up, I just want to binge.

I can't imagine why the weight wouldn't come off once you start paying attention to what you're eating, making healthy decisions, and moving more. Whenever you feel weak or frustrated, come and talk to us or look at your babies and remind yourself that you want to be around for a long time for them. And if you have 2 boys I bet you need tons of energy!!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #3  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Way to go!

In the very beginning, I just did not eat the bad stuff. I ate lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains, that sort of thing. I wasn't ready to learn moderation, I needed to first learn to count my calories, and control my calorie intake. I've only recently started reintroducing the "bad stuff" (I say to avoid a food alert) in moderation. One of the things I learned was if I ate it, then I had a difficult time not eating it again for the rest of the day. I'm still learning, so it's not often you'll see me post a daily meal plan with something "bad" in it. I also went through my kitchen and moved all the snacky "bad" stuff to one central location (the DF will die for me, but won't give up the junk ) so it wasn't always staring me in the face when I opened the pantry. And with exercise, I just started walking. Walking got me going. Then I started going to the gym, and that got me going. Now I've introduced higher cardio workouts into my routines, like kickboxing (AND SUPER FUN!!). And when I slip up, I feel the old guilt nagging at me, but if I allow myself to wallow in it, I won't recover from the slip up, so you just gotta pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and chalk it up to bad habits. Just keep givin'r!

Good luck, and we're here for you!

~Mande
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #4  
Proud US Navy Wife

Welcome! I'm Fae

I'm with everyone else on the good job with your declaration! I won't lie to you and say it will be fast... or easy all the time. I went through a period a few weeks ago where I almost gave up. Kind of a pattern, because around this time last year I joined 3FC, lost 25 lbs, and quit. This time, however, I was able to push myself past the "giving up" part, and with the help of these ladies I got myself back on track. And it's exciting to weigh yourself and see the numbers go down.

Walking is great exercise, and it's fun if you do it with other people

You CAN do it! Don't give up. I like that you said you want to teach your kids to make healthy choices. Feel free to come here and talk, rant, etc, etc... that's what we're here for!

!Fae
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #5  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi there! We're very similar in our situations. I'm 22, married with 2 daughters, 2 years and 5 months, and I'm breastfeeding I weighed 228 lbs the day I had my youngest and right now I weigh 46 lbs lighter (182 lbs). Everyone is different but, for me, breastfeeding has definitely been a huge role in my weightloss. I lost 41 lbs before I even started to eat healthy (I was eating fastfood every day!) and exercise around 2 months ago. The only advice I have about nursing is to not go at this too hard core. It can definitely effect your supply. I had a doctor tell me that I should just quit nursing and get MY health in check. I thought that was pretty crazy, putting my health (extreme diet and exercise) ahead of my daughters health (all the great stuff in breastmilk). Besides, it doesn't really look like I'm having any problems losing weight Feel free to ask me any questions! Good luck with your weightloss!
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

Welcom welcome welcome!!
Im fairly new here too but wanted to warmly say hello!
Just remember sweetie, you are not alone in this! I think that is where a lot of people get frustrated and give up because they feel alone. We are your support through this!
You are strong and beautiful .. dont ever forget that!!
*hugs*
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #7  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Good girl! I take the same approach of breaking my day into 3 sections of breakfast, lunch and dinner (although I also have snacks). If I happen to overeat at one meal, I make sure that I leave it at that and just move on - the next meal will be on plan.

be sure to join us on the chat thread!

Welcome!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #8  
Living the Laguna life...

welcome to 3fc! you will find all the girls here so helpful...definitely ask us any questions along the way!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies. Thanks so much for the welcomeand the encouragement. Of course, over the weekend I messed up and felt guilty. I am starting over tomorrow and I am going to eat all whole and healthy foods. I am going to stay away from anything processed. I am also going to try to drink more water. My hubby gets back from being gone for 2 months underway with the Coast Guard, so I am going to take advantage of him being home and go to the gym and let him stay with the boys. Anyhoo, I look forward to getting to know you all!
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #10  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome!
You CAN do this and you already know that so..........
Half the battle is won!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:47 AM   #11  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

Congrats on losing 18 lbs! You are doing well, and growing stronger. If you can get through this taking 18 lbs off, you can surely get through the rest
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote