The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/153/140

Question Jello Recipe on Last Night Show

Did anyone catch this? I didn't get to write it down.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #2  

Arrow Recipe

Yes, the recipe can actually be found on the biggestloser website. I havent tried it yet but it looked really good so ill probably try it this weekend.

Here it is:

3/4 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin
1 cup ice cubes
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, divided
1 pt. strawberries, sliced (about 2 cups), divided

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large serving bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice cubes; stir until completely melted. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups each of the whipped topping and strawberries until well blended.

SPOON evenly into six small dessert dishes. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.

TOP with the remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and remaining 1/2 cup strawberries just before serving. Store leftover dessert cups in refrigerator.

Makes 6 servings

Nutrition Information Per Serving: 50 Calories, 2.5g total fat
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Thanks for asking that question and for answering it. I bought the stuff for it and then thought, well, i dont know how much of this and that to put in it. So thanks, we will have it for desert tonight.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #4  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the recipe too! I thought it was so interesting how cool whip was put into it. I never would have thought of doing that. Hopefully it tastes good!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:27 PM   #5  

Has anyone tried the recipe yet?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:22 AM   #6  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

Height: 5'4"

Another simple dessert with Jello and whip topping is to make your Jellow and mix 1/2 container of whip topping into the Jellow and put in a square pan. Chill... then "ice" top with rest of whip topping like you would a cake. When the Jello and whip topping that you mix together chills, it seperates making a layered dessert. I know it sounds silly, but I was thrilled to learn this. someone brought it to me when I was recovering from the birth of my son last April and now it's a favorite of ours.. especially mine because it's so easy. I think the recipe is on the Jello box itself.

Martha