Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 AM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~~The Thin Wannabees # 22~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 11-09-2006, 01:13 AM   #2  

OK, see all I had to do was be up in the wee hours in the morning and start this new thread while CJ was sleeping. LOL

Ok, I want to transfer a post from a familiar face from a while ago.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #3  

Default Here is a post from # 21-From Joanna!

Hi all! Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I used to belong to the group when it was still the Thin Group! I saw the name change a while back when I was lurking and then just last night I saw you name mentioned in the First magazine and thought I would drop in.

I don't remember my old login but I was Joanna Freeman back then and I met CJ at an Olive Garden restaurant in Michigan bakc in 1999. So much has changed since then epxcept my weight! I am glad to see CJ, Sharon, and Kim V are still here, but what happened to Jello? Keep up the good work!

Hugs to all!
Joanna
Old 11-09-2006, 01:22 AM   #4  

Default Hi Joanna!

Oh my gosh it's our Joanna!
Wow how wonderful to hear from you again. Of course I remember you and I have thought of you many many times in the past years and wondered how you have been and what you were doing. How are you and your new-well not so new anymore, hubby. How are you and Tim doing? What else has been going on in your life? Anything new and exciting? I hope you will rejoin our wonderful group if you are able to because I know I miss you and I'll bet the rest of our group does too. We are still here and still plugging along with our weight loss plans. Come back and post again and let us know what has changed with you. Miss you lots and hope to have you back here in the fold again of the Thin Wannabee's-formerly Thin Group. We changed our name because some people were thinking you had to be thin to be in our group, but we are just Thin Wannabee's. LOL How is your great sister too? Chrissy and I ended up meeting her and we all went out to dinner a few years ago it was we had a great time when we met. She is Carolyn right? We had 2 Carolyn's remember? One was Ch for Carolyn Glenn who lived in Kentucky like you and of course your sister Carolyn Hyatt. Miss her too and would love to have her back with us too. How is she doing? Still living in Taylor, Michigan? What has she been up to? I would love for her to come back to the group too. If you talk to her tell her we miss her too and would love a post from her too. I hope you can back to our group. Those were the days, remember we used to all go on ICQ-think that is what it is-all the time and what fun we would have. Do they even have that site anymore? Remember with you, CJ, Jello, Julie, Carolyn(s), Gail, Judy/Blunder, my sister in law, Chrissy, Sandi and everyone else?

Jello has a new name now, I think it is daring2dream. But she was here till sometime ago and we miss her too and hope she comes back to us soon. DO YOU HEAR THAT JO???? COME ON BACK, WE MISS YOU!

CJ-Wow I still can't believe you have snow already. Nothing here in Indiana so far, but I am sure it won't be long before we have all that white stuff here. As far as my Thanksgiving plans, we will be going to Michigan to spend it with both our families. We were just there twice in the last couple weeks for Ken's sister who passed away. It will be a sad Thanksgiving for his family, it just won't be the same. First his Dad died about 5 yrs ago and now his sister, Carol. But we will be thankful that we are all together on this holiday.

How is everyone else spending their holiday? Let us know.

Oh one more thing, I have been meaning to announce that I am finely going to be at long last a Grandmother. Yes, our daughter, Tracy and her husband, Brett-that are both in the Air Force and stationed in Illinois-are expecting on April 1st/April Fools Day. Oh boy! Hope this isn't a April Fools joke. LOL

So Ken and I are so excited that we are going to have a Grandchild, you have no idea how excited I am about this. We have been waiting so long. I am 57, had daughter, Kelly when I was 27 and Tracy is 28 so we will not be really young Grandparents, like some who have their child at 18 and their kids have their baby at around the same age. Not us, but I am just happy to be able to welcome the new bundle into the Scobel fold. Friday Ken and myself will be going to Illinois because Tracy is having an ultrasound on Monday morning and they will be telling us the sex of the baby. Oh boy can't wait. I think it will be a boy, cause Tracy said the last time she had an ultrasound the lady said she couldn't be sure, but though she saw flashes of a boy. But either way I will love whatever she has. I love girls-never having a sister and am very close to my daughters, but will love and welcome whatever she has. Tracy is telling everyone I am saying will be a boy cause I don't want to be dissapointed, but I just want a healthy baby. As long as it is healthy that is what mattes. So I can't wait, I am so excited and will let you guys know when I find out.

OK guys, talk to you later, will be back Monday night. Love you, Sharon

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 11-09-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #5  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Joanna! Your're back!!! Of course we remember you! Oh my gosh, you are part of the original group how can we ever forget you. And, you are still missed! How the heck are you sweetie? How is married life treating you? I hope you are very happy and everything is working out for you. Please do come in more often and post with us - fill us in on how you are doing? How is Carolyn? I do remember our wonderful dinner together - I remember I got to brag cuz I met Carolyn before she became a member with us - hee hee. I don't know where Jello (daringtodream) dissappeared to .. like Sharon said, she came back and posted a bit as daringtodream, then poof - she was gone again! I wish she would at least let us know if she is ok. So glad to hear from you and hope we hear from you more.

Sharon: What wonderful wonderful news! You are going to be a grandma! Wow! That's super great! It's always a great feeling everytime a new grandbaby is born, but that very first one is ever so special. I've been wanting to knit a baby blanket lately - but didn't have anyone to give it to - now I do. Yippee! Hey, did you get my last email??? Oh yes, and this is for you - BRAT! BRAT! BRAT! BRAT! ...... LOL

Well, nothing exciting here really .. still going to Curves every day (that's a miracle in itself)! My poor "Jimmy" is in getting fixed - hope it is done soon as I miss it - am driving our faithful jeep in the meantime - don't like driving Dick's big truck with the doolies!

Hope everyone is doing good and hope to hear from you all soon - including any newbies! Have a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 11-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #6  

Default Where is everyone!

Hi guys,
Come out come out, where ever you are!

Well the big news is that we got back on Monday from Illinois and found out my daughter and her husband, Brett are having a baby boy so we are so happy. So they Ulrasound Tech was right when she said she thought she saw a boy. I can't wait to welcome Tyler-that is going to be his name, into the world on April 1st, OMG and April Fools Day baby, how funny is that?

CJ-Of course I would love a baby blanket for the baby. I am not crafty at all and would just have to buy one. But I really admire that you can actually knit of those. I took Home Ec from 5th grade all the way thru high school and while I love and excelled at the cooking part, as far as the sewing and the knitting. I did not get into that at all. I think I knitted a pair of slippers one and maybe a scarf, but what a bad job I did on them. So thanks now you have to start knitting, and it will be much appreciated, you talented lady. Hope your Jimmy is back again and all fixed. I still also am going to Curves, in fact I just got back a while ago and I FEEL GREAT!

Come on everyone, where are you? Don't make me come looking for you now.

Love you and hopefully the next time I come back here I will see lots and lots of chit chat.

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 11-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #7  

Default Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just wanted to wish everyone a quick HAPPY THANKSGIVING. We are headed to Michigan to see our families. Leaving tomorrow and will be back Sunday night. So hope everyone has a great Thankgiving and remember that turkey is good for you, it is just all that other stuff that does me in. LOL

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 11-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #8  

Remember Me????
I have thought of you all a lot lately.I haven't posted on this forum in sooooooo long. Many things have happened in my life since August. To make a long story short: We no longer live in KY. We have moved back to Nashville.If it wasn't for very close friends,we would be homeless.We have been staying between both friends since August. We move into our new place Dec. 1st weekend. I've been very depressed about things that have happened in my life but I've got to move on and pray that things are finally looking up for Wayne & I.
Good News: Chris,DS, is home from WA (Navy) until Sunday. He's getting married Friday.A big wedding too I might add. After they started planning the wedding, he got new orders and it was too late to change the wedding.Sunday he will be leaving to go to Hawaii to be back on the Sub (3rd time). Dayna won't be able to join him until March when he returns to WA.
My weight has been way off the rocker too! I have gained back what I lost from all the stress.
I want to come back and post and WILL after the wedding. Just wanted to say hi and explain where I've been.
Miss you all bunches..
Sherry
Old 11-22-2006, 09:38 AM   #9  
CJ

Wowee! Sherry! So good to hear from you - I have really missed you! I've thought of you so often - wondered where you went. I am so glad to see you back here with us. I am sorry for your problems you are having and hope that everything works out well for you and your family. Good luck with the upcoming wedding and will look forward to seeing you post with us afterwards.

Sharon:
Enjoy your trip to Michigan - have a safe one and have a great time with all of the family. I do have some of my family coming up .. we were going to have dinner here but then our very close friends up here wanted us all to come to their house so we're all going over there but I am bringing the sweet potatoes caserole, the pies, and the turkey (we're deep frying it) ...

I want to wish everyone wherever you all are a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Just enjoy yourselves with your family and/or friends and don't worry about your diet .. there is always Friday to get back on track.

Talk to you soon ..
Love, CJ
Old 11-26-2006, 01:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Sorry haven't been online much. Been busy, busy, busy.

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a belated

Love you all, and wish you all the best!!

Kim
Old 11-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #11  
CJ

Good morning everyone - sorry I haven't been in lately but I too have been very very busy. I hope you all had a very wonderful Thanksgiving - we did for sure. Been getting up all my xmas decorations this week - then can sit back and enjoy them! I'm still going to Curves every day - today is my monthly weigh-in and measure so wish me luck. I've lost 7 lbs since starting Curves in July .. I know that is not a huge amount, but it's something for me and it is staying off!

Sherry:
How was your son's wedding? It was Friday right? Come back soon and post - once again, it was so glad to hear from you!

Sharon:
Did you have a good time with your families in Michigan? Hope you had a pleasant trip - hope to talk to you soon.

Kim:
Thanks for taking the time to check in and say hello in between your busy busy life! It's good to know all is well with you.

Well, I've finished my coffee so will now get dressed and ready for Curves. Have a great day everyone - hope to see some posting soon! (hint-hint)

Love, CJ
Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,

Sherry-Oh my gosh it is Sherry! I am so glad you posted with us again. I miss you Sher so much. So does everyone else I know. I too have thought of you so very often and was hoping that you were doing well and would come back and post with us. Wishes do come true I guess. Don't worry, it sounds like you and your family have been through a lot and when you can come back and talk to us. We are always there for you. Congratulations on your son Chris's wedding. You must be so proud of him, serving his country as I am with both my Air Force daughter, Tracy and son, Alan as well. Let us know how it went and I am sure it went beautifully too. I am sure you were a beautiful Mother of the bride too.

CJ-We had a great time in Michigan with the families. Got to see Ken's family and than went over to Chrissy's house, got to see Emly, the newlywed, her new husband, Chip and of course got to spend lots of time with Papa too. I am sure your Thanksgiving dinner with the fried turkey went well too. I have heard of a turkey done that way, and have always wanted to try it that way but haven't been able to so far.

Kim-I know you have been a busy girl, between working, taking care of Hannah and everything else you do. Thanks for taking a few minutes to post with us and with the holiday season coming upon us, it is just beginning I am afraid. I am not ready at all in any shape or form, but will get the program sooner I hope rather than later. Hope you are doing better than me in that area. LOL

I am going to Illinois on Friday. My dear sister in law, Chrissy, wants to go see my daughter, Tracy, the Air Force one ,expecting in April. Chrissy has never seen her house, or been there for a visit, so she will fly from Detroit to St. Louis, as they are only 20 minutes from there, I will drive there, and we will pick her on Friday night. We will be there till Monday and should have a great time. She wants to go to St. Louis for some shopping and whatever else trouble we can get into. So it should be fun weekend for all. HOW DO YOU SAY SHOPPING!

Wouldn't you know it, I had a gain from Thanksgiving when I went to my WW meeting today. Almost 3 lbs, NOT FAIR I SAY! I watched everyone else heap their plate up with food and even go back for seconds and thirds, while I tried to make good choices and than I watch them take 3 or 4 different pieces of pie for dessert, while I only had a little slice of pumpkin pie. But with all the eating out we did last week, from Wednesday night when we went there till Sunday night, I guess I should just be glad that I didn't have gain like 7 pounds. My goal is not to gain this holiday and I don't want to say I want to lose lots of weight because I think that would be setting myself up for failure. All I can do is try my best and hope that Jan 1/The New Years come quickly this year. LOL

How is everyone else doing? Did Thanksgiving do anyone else in this year?

Post and let us know, no shame if you had a gain. TIS THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can only do our best and don't beat ourselves up over the holidays.

Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 11-29-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #13  
CJ

My results from my Curves weight-in today are: 1 more inch lost (13 total allover) and I lost another 1.5 lbs last week so 3 lbs total for the month (5 1/2 total since I started Curves in July). I know the weight is not coming off very fast, but it is coming off and that is all that counts!

Off to bed .. just wanted to report in. Hope everyone is doing well.

Love, CJ
Old 12-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #14  
CJ

I don't know where everyone is but I sure hope some of you post soon cuz it sure isn't fun talking to an empty room! WHERE IS EVERYONE???

OK .. just wanted to pop in and say hello ... just finishing my gift wrapping and then just have to get my cards out this weekend. I'm ready for Christmas! And ... we have the snow to go with it! We've probably got a little over a foot now and expecting more yet tonite and tomorrow. It's very beaautiful - especially when I'm soaking in my hot tub on the deck!

Well ... hope to hear from someone soon. Hope all is well with everyone.

Later .. (I hope)
CJ
Old 12-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #15  

Hey CJ,
Yes, where is everyone, any Wanabee's out there lurking or any one else thinking of posting and wanting to join our wonderful group? Come on and post I know it is holiday season and everyone is probably busy with everything we do during this time of the year, but if you could just take a few minutes and let us know how you are doing, we would just love hearing from you.

As for me, I am doing good, just getting over the stomach flu, a 24 hour type. I went this past weekend visiting my daughter, Tracy in Illinois, met SIL Chrissy, who flew in on Friday night, after a 1 1/2 hr delay. I drove down Thursday night during that ice storm. I was going on Friday, but husband, daughter and Chrissy all said I should go on Thursday, cause on Friday the St. Louis area, which is about 20 minutes from where she lives in Illinois, was having a snow storm. So instead of snow I ran into freezing rain, not too bad till I got about 15 minutes away from her house, than my car was covered with ice because they had an ice storm. But I got there in one piece, picked up Chrissy the next day and had a great time with everyone. Tracy is doing fine, not so much morning sickness anymore, but she had the stomach flu for a day or so while we wer there-wonder where I got it from???? LOL We went to downtown St. Louis and just enjoyed each other's company.

Tracy's neighborhood had a power failure on all the houses on one side of the street, so we had one of her good friends and neighbors, who had no electricity, power or lights staying with 3 young boys. Julie's husband is in the Navy and stationed in United Arab Emirates and she is a California girl, she didn't know about snow and ice, and she is trying to keep things together all by herself. Her house was so cold and dark, without lights, and all of her food in the freezer thawed and so I was happy that Tracy insisted she bring the boys over till Sunday night finally she got her electricity back. So in all she was out of power for 3 days. She was very grateful to Tracy and husband, Brett. They are great people and whenever we go over there we all play cards or games together or just go bowling. She lost both of her parents and so she is kind of a surrogate daughter, and it felt great to help her out. When they came over the morning after her power went out, they had actually stayed in the cold house the night before without power and when they came over the next morning, the boys were so hungry and had only had some cereal with warm milk so I made them all cheeseburgers and hot cocoa and they were so happy with that. Julie and her husband, Jason have raised them well and they are so well behaved for boys, it was a pleasure to be around them. I hope I can say the same about my grandkids, but with Tracy and Brett being military people I think they will do a good job too.

CJ-Good for you with your results from Curves, wow with losing all those inches. You are doing great, give yourself a pat on the back. I am proud of you. Curves is a great place to go, I love it, but have not been going much, between working and the busy holidays and now me being sick I have not been as good as I usually have. But I will have to get back to where I was before, which was going 5 or more times a week. Your snow sounds beautiful, especially while sitting in your hot tub sipping your Buttershots. We have not had hardly any snow, but hopefully for Christmas we will have some.

Well guys better get off here, feeling a bit better today so should at least get some laundry done.

Hope to hear from more from all of you's. What happened to Sherry? and DebbieA? Come on back girlfriends. And where did you go Sylvia? Joanna-Come on back and post again with us. Yoo hoo Kim! What about Tami, janice, teahoney/Tracey, alansmom23/Mel,gonnaloseitagain/Dee, brandy, scalewatcher, alison/marazin, piratePrincess, Annie Fannie, Missy, needhelp27/Heather- and where are you Peggy/sweet tooth? Come on back guys. We miss all of you's. COME BACK TO US!

Love you, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 12-07-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread