Old 11-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #1  
I can do it this time.

Default Winning Losers Week 11/5 - EVERYONE'S WELCOME

Good Morning Ladies. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. For Everyone who is just looking but not posting, feel free to post. We are a warm group of ladies and would love to hear from you!

Yesterday I spent with my mom and my grandparents. My Nana kept complimenting on me on my weight loss. She says she can really see a difference because she hardly gets to see me but when she does she sees a difference.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #2  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone's had a great weekend, it's been sorta slow here hasn't it? My kids have kept me busy with sleepovers,etc. I am so glad to see them off to school tomorrow, what is it with all the jealousy over friends coming over! Sheesh!

Sara, thanks for starting our new thread for the week. I hope that you have been able to figure something out to your dilemma regarding calories,etc. Melissa gave you some incredible info to help you out.

Melody, I'm sorry the pictures were a disappointment to you, I certainly know how that feels. I have become the expert at hiding from the camera the last few years. Funny, when I was 80lbs lighter I couldn't wait to take pictures! lol I hope that you will find all the motivation you need by posting them around your house as a good reminder of where you are coming from. You asked about the "pee test"...lol....yep, it's for a job, nothing serious, I will be doing ad-set & merchandising for Kohls.

Melissa, hoping youre getting thru all that homework and remember your Thanksgiving goals all at the same time! You can meet that goal, I know you can!

Mia, hoping you get into the swing of things with your new job. Give yourself time to adjust and be kind to you! I am in TOTAL agreement that you should honor your hunger only. I am not a breakfast eater at all and I find that when I force myself to eat in the mornings, it creates nothing but cravings for the remainder of the day. Where as, if I'd just wait until I feel hungry, I feel as if I can control my food intake a whole lot better. I think it's to each his own...Your mileage may vary, that sorta thing....I don't think there is a wrong or right way to do anything in terms of weightloss as long as you do it safely.

So, I'm thinkin that maybe we don't need a new weekly thread anymore??? We have slowed waaayyy down the last few weeks, maybe we'd be better off doing a monthly one again until we pick up at least? Where is everyone!!!! Bonnie I hope you're hangin in there hon!!

Well guys, gotta go. Tryin to get everything done before the "big game" tonight. VS

HATE the Patriots, Hate Tom Brady!!!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #3  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

thanks for starting the thread dani
the new thread each month sounds good it is a bit slow but i still love it here anyways lets have a great week guys i went and bought some ovaltine so if i run short on time in the am i can boil an egg and drink ovaltine we will see
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Monday morning everyone. Well I completely blew it this weekend, I mean blew it ways I've not done in awhile!! I had this silly mentality again. I got the Dr. Oz book and my plan was to start that eating plan today so I lived it up. I feel like crap this morning, my allergies have just spun out of control all of a sudden even my face is all puffy. could that possibly be from eating like I did? I guess we'll see. I feel gross though!

I'm swamped with homework, I put off studying for an exam on wednesday and now that I've started I realize the enormous amount of material I need to study. Luckily there are no classes tomorrow and the kids have school so i can buckle down. Tomorrow is election day dont forget to vote!! I for one will be so glad when this election is over. I dont know about where you are but it has just been UGLY here. Everyday we get 3 or 4 flyers in the mail, the commercials and radio ads are out of control, both parties are calling here soliciting my vote, 3 times they knocked on my door this weekend. I'm just sick to death of it!

Time to hit the showers and start the day! Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #5  
I can do it this time.

Yeah I worked out that dilema, eating more fruits and veggies. I'm eating more calories. my inches are staying the same, but I keep gaining more weight. I know I need to throw out my scale. I'm just going to take it one day at a time.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #6  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Happy Monday! Getting a late start here today it seems, been running my arse everywhere all over town. Geesh, I tell ya, looking for clothes is really not my most favoritist thing to be doing at this size!! I need business casual clothes for an orientation meeting tonight and of course I don't have any...argh! I swear, the mirrors in the dressing rooms are the I hate having to try anything on, but without fail, if I don't, I end up right back at the store the next day because whatever I bought doesnt fit. Blah. ..So I did find something, I'm not wild about it, but it'll work. Thank goodness I don't need dressy stuff to actually work, or I'd go insane! LOL

Mel, so sorry to hear ya had a bad weekend. Oh well, I guess this is where you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep going??? I have yet to get the YOU book, getting it tomorrow.....which in itself is pretty funny as I have literally about 4 books that I'm reading all at once. lol Seeing the special on Discovery though definitely has my curiosity peaked so I'm determined to read this book. Sounds alittle too good to be true, but I guess I'll see when I read it.

Sara, yep, definitely need to throw the scale out. lol Easier said than done, I know! Hang in there, I think if you increase your calories and reduce some of your sodium, the weight will come flying off!!!

Mia, hope this week goes better for you at work!! Cute avi of the baby!

Anyhoo, not much from me today. I am wayyyyy tired due to the $#%^@*(~! neighbors alllll weekend! I swear, they really really need to get a life! I start work hopefully sometime this week so don't know how much I will be around, but I will try my hardest to keep it a daily thing, I need the support too much to abandon coming here regardless of how busy my schedule gets.

Have a great day guys!

Danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #7  
Melissa

Good evening everyone, thought I'd pop in before heading to bed, my head feels like its gonna explode...too much studying and i'm getting burnt out so I'm hitting the sheets early tonight and get back to it in the morning.

Sara...thats the best thing you can do, just take it one step at a time, one choice at a time and that'll carry you to success. We cant expect to be perfect right off the bat, we learn as we go and you are doing that. Just keep up the good work!! You'll win the battle!

Danielle...stranger! LOL!! Ugh...shopping, no thank you!! I hate it! Always have really even when I was smaller. I'm sorry the neighbors kept you up all night again, I guess the good thing about this job is that you wont be around to have to hear em. Jerks!! You better not disappear on us here!! Now is when we need each other the most!!

Mia...i've become really dependent on my slimfast shakes in the morning, I start out the day with good intentions of having some oatmeal and berries and I always run out of time and have to just grab a shake as we head out the door. Could be worse!

Alright, Bonnie where are you? Have a great night everyone I'll be back tomorrow to check on you!! I'm praying tomorrow is a better day, stress eating got me!

~melissa
Old 11-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a great morning! I have been slacking on posting, sorry!! I am just going to be checking in from time to time right now. We are actually looking to move into a bigger place, and I have my surgery tomorrow, so I have a little bit going on. I was gone all weekend so no gym for me, and last night durring my "window" for the gym, we went to look at a place... oh it was so nice. I am going back again today to really look it over..wish me luck that we love love love it and are able to get it! I have a ton to do today as my parents are coming down to watch Carter tomorrow. I will talk to you ladies later on!
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #9  

Okay, the fun is over...I just want to be settled in a house again. I want all my stuff and I want room to work out! Enough complaining.

Yesterday's food was not great. My oldest son turned 12 on Sunday...he always gets me a present on his birthday...well, one present was chocolate covered cherries. They were really yummy....I finished them yesterday. ugh. Not good.

I did take a little walk though. Not nearly long enough - but something. Today I will take a longer one. No excuses not to.

Melissa - Hope the studies are going well today!

Danielle - Shopping....yuck. I had to buy something semi decent the other day...the choices were mightly slim. Just think how much fun it's going to be when we drop 50 pounds!

Sara - Hang in there....you'll have a noticable loss soon!

Have to run...Mom duty.
AlaskanMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #10  
Melissa

Good Afternoon ladies!! I've had my nose buried in the books most of the day. Just finished preparing for my meeting tonight and about to head back to the books for a spell but thought I'd better check on you lovelies!! Todays been a weird day for me food wise. I did my grocery shopping after missing breakfast today. That finalizes it I'm sticking to slimfast for breakfast. If I plan on anything else I just end up forgetting. So come lunch I was STARVED! I didnt do so well, but not terrible on portions, I just could have made much better choices. Tonight is pizza, we are serving it during the meeting. Ah well. So thats me today! I been drinking alot of water though!

Stacia...just a busy busy girl arent you!! I hope that means you are staying out of trouble!! Dont be a stranger!!

Melody...excellent job on that walk, you are right, something is always better than nothing!! So way to go!!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

~melissa
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/195/135

Hi everyone, sorry about not being around.

Stacia, good luck on your surgery and your house hunting, hope all goes well!

Melody, it's so special that your son get's you a gift on his birthday. Chocolate covered cherries - yummy! doesn't walking cancel out chocolate??

Melissa, I still grab a slimfast when I'm rushed. I think it's better than nothing. You are so busy I don't know how you do it all!!!

We are about to finish the renovations. I think I have been saying that since July. My DD has a bad cough so we are going to the doctor in a minute to see was going on.

I have been doing pretty good on my program. I need to exercise!!! When, when, when.......

Hope everyone has a great day. Deb
southerndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #12  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good morning I am still here not doing very well. But still here. Have been sick with a nasty cold here lately . Finally seems to be letting up. Have so many problems and and worry all the time makes dieting impossible right now. I will get back to you and fill you in later. Nut i have to run right now.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #13  
Melissa

Good Afternoon everyone! Goodness everyone is so busy lately. Tis the season I suppose. I'm popping in quickly as I have to write a paper before my group meets tonight, nothing like putting it off till the last minute right! LOL!!

Deb...I am so with you on that exercise...when when when!! I keep telling myself I'm gonna do it and then something more important always comes first. I think we just need to make that a priority. We do for everyone else its about time we do for ourselves!! Only this is a matter of life and death! I'm glad you are doing great!! Keep it up!!

Bonnie...there you are!! I thought we'd lost you! I'm so sorry to hear that you arent doing well. Life always throws a wrench in our best laid plans doesnt it. Dont forget that we are here for you, thats what support is all about. Dont be a stranger and feel better soon!!

Danielle...where'd ya go!?

I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day! I'm tired!! I got up too early today to study and its catching up with me now. Be good to yourselves!!

~melissa
Old 11-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning (almost afternoon here ) ladies! I am back... I am eating veggies as I write this. yumo. My surgery was fast and I feel fine! I just wish I didnt have to wait 6 weeks to go to the gym. I asked about walking and he said I had to wait at least a week. I feel like I am in the 6 week wait again after my c-section! ha. I did get some bad news, and I am going to be with my friend tomorrow. They had to take her mom off of dialysis and just wait everything out. Its a long story but it is better this way for her mom, she will be able to rest in peace and not live in pain. I seem to be dealing with some crappy things right now. It sucks. I hate getting older and actually have to deal with this stuff. argh.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will talk to you all soon.
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #15  
Melissa

Stacia...oh girl I'm so glad your surgury went well. And I hope you heal soon. Dont push yourself too soon, listen to that doctor they know what they are talking about (well most of the time anyway!) LOL! I'm so sorry to hear about your friends mother. I'm sorry for your friend as well, but like you said its for the best. Living in extreme pain is no way to live. I'm sure emotions and stress will be at an alltime high, just be good to yourself when you can, dont add unnecessary pressures. ((HUG))

I'm in refocus mode, 2 weeks till Turkey day and i'm nowhere close to my goal! I'd like to focus on some exercise! I'm going to start tonight. BL has really been an inspiration to me lately. Bob really got to me last night with his talk of quitting. I do that too much!

Okay I've gotta run to the school and deal with some things. Where is everyone!! Come out and check in please!!

~melissa