Old 11-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default New here...

Hello all! I've been a lurker here for a while and finally decided to jump in and see if I can make connections with others for support. My name is Jenny. I'm a Christian sahm of 3 (9,6,2) and I'm trying to lose about 14lbs. I'm not planning on following a specific plan, since I can't stand having to make special foods, eat every two hours, etc, etc! But, I did sit down last night and right out my goals, and I figure I'm going to take it daily and see where it ends up. This is what I'm shooting for...

Cut out sugars and junk foods, sodas, etc (a big one for me!) Except, maybe, special occasions
Make a point of eating healthy for breakfast and lunch...fruits, veggies, lean protiens, etc. Eat normal stuff I make for family at dinnertime, just watch my portions.
Wait for true hunger and stop before overfull (something I learned from TLT)
Get 20 minutes of cardio daily, and strength train 3 times a week.
8-12 glasses of water daily
No eating after 7 pm

Ok, so it seems pretty basic, but right now I'm doing nothing to address the extra lbs I've added, so starting with this is better than nothing! My daily prayer also is to be that living sacrifice unto the Lord in everything...including my eating habits! So, I hope to get to know others here (Christian and non) and maybe we can help each other along.

Blessings!
Jenny
JennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #2  

Hi, Jenny. I am a sahm of 10 and also a Christian following intuitive eating. I have a special problem in that I take prednisone. There is a thread here Intuitive Eating #2 that you might enjoy. I spent many yrs fasting and though I think that is a good thing it is not good for weight loss. I have been dieting for so many years that the IE thing is hard for me to grasp.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

Default Carol...

Hi! Wow...sahm mom of 10??? That's amazing! I can hardly keep up with the 3 I have (though I'm trying to work on dh to consider just one more ). I'll have to check out the IE thread...thanks! Did ok yesterday...ate much less than usual. Had a bit more than I needed at dinner time since we were out for family birthdays, and I ate later than I wanted. I also didn't get my exercise in because it was such a hectic day...but all in all I feel good about day 1. Thanks for the welcome!

Jenny
JennyL is offline   Reply With Quote