Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/149/137

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm new and I need you guys!

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I get some heavy support right now, because I'm at one of those points. I've been going to therapy for binge eating for three years now (I am 21,) and I'm sick of trying to find out what is triggering my eating! It's stress, it's mean people, it's paranoia, it's this, it's that! I can't stop eating again and even my close friends can't understand or sympathize with me. I need ladies who know what I'm feeling and get ready to electronically glue my mouth shut so I don't stuff it! I'm 10-15 lbs. from my goal weight, but everytime I get to this point, it seems I sabotage my weight loss and climb back up the scale. Anyone feel this way?
chika761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Oh, yes. I sometimes think I'm scared to death to be "thin". *hugs*
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

You can also look online at www.oa.org to find where some meetings are in your area for Overeaters Anonymous. These meetings are filled with people who can ALL identify with you and have ALL been there and are ALL hoping to recover or are in recovery. They have many success stories and are very helpful. I really recommend this for some major support.
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

to CIC!!! We all understand what you are going through! It's wonderful you have been going to therapy. You're absolutely doing the right thing -- and coming here sure won't hurt either! It's VERY important to know your triggers, and then come up with different ways to deal with them. I may be in the same boat as you are -- I can't seem to lose these last 19 pounds because I keep sabatoging myself. And I gain, then lose, and then gain. And since I have such little to go - the scale hovers around the same weight. So you are not alone

Join us on our challenge thread -- we challenge ourselves to stay binge-free.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:00 AM   #5  
uli

S/C/G: 85kg/68kg/65kg

Height: 170cm

Default Hi

Ask yourself which needs do you meet when you eat is it
-security
-varaity
-love
-connection
-grow
-contribute

If you meet at least 3 needs you are addicted to that habit (eating).
Needs drive us!

When I hunger for chocholate I know now I hunger for security, varaity even connection sometimes. And everytime I ask myself which need I'll meet if I eat this or that (when I'm not hungry) the desire to have that food wanishs.

Regards
Uli
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:03 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Chika, welcome!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/149/137

Height: 5'4"

Thank you ladies! It's good to know I've found the right place to be.
chika761 is offline   Reply With Quote