Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Exclamation November Exercise Challenge!

Hey, all!

Challenge yourself to a little more exercise than you did last month. (for some of us, that's not a lot)
Take a few minutes, get out of your chair, and move it!!

This month I'm committing to continuing my routine of 3 times a week at the gym, which includes 30 minutes on the treadmill (and whatever I manage to run during that time) and some weights.
And I really should try using my new exercise ball, which I said I was going to start using LAST month...

Come and join us!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #2  

Okay, I'll start.

Today I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill, including running for 18 minutes and 10 seconds (challenged by DH to run an extra 10 seconds today. heh heh)
And some weights.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I played tennis yesterday (badly) but I still played for an hour. I got sent over to the concrete wall enclosure thingie (anyone know what that thing is called?) because I couldn't return a serve to save my life. But it was a decent workout anyway.

ellis!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho View Post
I played tennis yesterday (badly) but I still played for an hour.
Ummm, hellooooo! Since WHEN does bad tennis count as exercise, missy!?
Good going, hon! I guess it's warm down your way, eh? You lucky girl.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in here.

I had to split my run today. Spent 35 minutes on the treadmill, including a 15 minute and a 3 minute (plus 10 seconds. heh heh) run.
And a weight workout.
And still I'm fat. sigh.

New smilies, I see...
Old 11-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #5  

Another split run yesterday... 35 minutes on treadmill including a 15 minute and a 3 minute run. I did up my speed a little.
And a weight workout.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Today at the office I was going to skip out on the gym at lunch but somehow I managed to get some energy and got myself there. I actually had a really good work out. Perhaps it was all that tea.. I managed 18 minutes on the stairclimber, 13 minutes on the eliptical, and weights for about 35 minutes. What's really great is that I did what I had planned and didn't get tired or run out of energy and fall a bit short..which has been known to happen on occasion. Happy exercising to you ladies.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.4/285.4/150

Height: 5'6"

I have just purchased Turbo Jam and Core Rythm workout DVDs they should arrive within a week or so. But I have brought my workout DVDs with me (I travel 5 days a week) sometimes I have to rearange the hotel room furnature to have room enough to do the workout but I have been doing at least one a day sometimes two for the last couple of weeks. I currently have the Biggest Loser Workout, Billy Banks Basic Training, and Dennise Austins Power Zone then depending how energetic I feel will depend which one I use. Can't wait to get the new ones though.
Val424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/149/137

Height: 5'4"

Turbo Jam is soo fun...they actually make you want to do them, instead of dreading them...I've got crazy tests in all my classes this week, so unfortunately working out is on the back burner...I'm shooting for a Thursday afternoon/Friday morning start hopefully...ehh I'm baddd.
chika761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #9  

Congratulations, Mami and Val!! Keep up the good work!

Chicka, good luck with the tests this week! We'll see you in here on Thursday, eh?

Just had a good workout. 30 minutes on the treadmill, including a straight, 18 minute run.
And my usual little weight workout.

Harpo, dah'ling... where are you?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #10  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Default Ooooh can I join?

ok so I just started the same exercise resolve mentioned above this week but hey, it's still November, right?

Mon - ran 1.5 miles, walked 2.5 miles

Tues - walked 4 miles (briskly)

Wed - It was uber rainy today so I walked 2 miles quickly.

Thurs and Fri? Definitely doing something!! I plan to alternate my exercise with a run day followed by a walk day followed by a run day etc. I need to start incorporating abs but I don't want to because...they hurt.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #11  

Welcome, Sunni! It's great to have you join us.
And congratulations on your exercising... you're doing great!

It's my rest day. I'll just do some shin exercises...
Old 11-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285.4/285.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats everyone for sticking with it!!

Well I haven't been back to Alabama yet this week so don't know if the new workout DVDs are there yet but I just did a Firm workout of 40 minutes (my feet or arms weren't always going the right directions but at least they were moving) Then I made it part way through Billy Banks Tae Bo Cardio (he kills me every time) but I made it a total of just over an hour. YEAH!!
Val424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #13  

Val, we used to do the Billy Blanks tapes, and we loved them! What a great workout!

I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes today. Ran for 18 minutes and 15 seconds straight, and then another 3 minutes.
And a weight workout...
Old 11-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #14  

hi chicks!!
this week was pretty good. i walked 10,000+ steps everyday with at least a 30min walk in there each day. i also did the YOU 20 minute beginner workout 3x this week and just generally moved around more. i'm going to shoot for the same this week.

let's get moving everyne!!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #15  

I am a bit late but joining in here for the month... my goal for this month is 8500 steps per day on average and doing an extra workout 3 times per week - I have been doing tae bo and it is really great

I have a bit to catch up on as I have only just finished my exams at university for the year.. and there was an aweful lot of sitting around and studying going on over the past two weeks.

Good exercise vibes to everyone
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote