Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - October 30th - November 5th

Good Morning,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Tonight is pioneer girls but I'm thinking of leaving early since its Goosey, Cabbage, Mischief night here and I don't want to be driving late in the evening.... to many wacko's out there.

I'm taking off tomorrow, got lots of things to do with DD and her school as well as errands that I just can't find time to do b/c of work.

How is everyone? got plans for the week, like staying out of the candy bowl LOL. I think its wonderful that NJ State is finally taking the junk out of the school. Everyone says well its only one day out of the month but thats not true... its more like every week my DD is coming home and eating crap that the school has or parents are bringing in. Its all good intentions but at the same time, the don't need the sugar high and drop. When I was in school we didn't have any of that stuff unless it was a holiday period. I know some parents are mad about it but in the long run it is better. The kids are getting books and apples at parties instead of cake and chocolate. They will get enuf candy trick or treating. okay off soap box HAAAAAA!!!

And you ?????
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang

I'm back from shopping in San Marcos and shuffling thru a stack of paperwork, but I'll get thru it

Joanne - how is Phyllis doing? and how are you? I'm adding her and your family to my prayer list. Please keep us posted

Leenie - I totally agree with you on the candy and sugar and stuff. You can stand up on that soap box all day....that's totally fine with me

Where's the rest of our gang? they better not be hanging around the halloween candy dish hehe I didn't buy any candy so I don't have to fight it

gotta run for now - I'll try to chat later.

hugs & blessings,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Where is everyone ?? still in bed ??? to much candy yesterday ??? LOLOL
Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Hi all

Holloween was fun last night, my daughter was a "bad fairy" and she played it to the hilt..lol lots of candy and of course I indulged a little, not to bad though. 3 mini chocolate bars and a bag of chips... I felt so guilty I did to sets of abs and my leg work out. Felt much better after that.

Been getting lots of compliments lately on my body, some people say it like night and day. It hard for me to see though, my weight has gone up since bodybuilding but I can feel the diffrernce in my body and I guess that is what is important. I think if the weight does not come down by christmas I am going to see my docter though. Inches are great but I want to see that number drop.

I hope you are all doing well today! And let's try to stay out the candy! At least most of it anyway..lol
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:14 AM   #5  

Hi

How are you all? I haven't been around for a while. Thought I'd drop by and say hello.

Still get depression but I'm coping much better these days, exercising and sometimes I even sleep LOL. Nice to see you all
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Sweet Pea welcome back.... that kitty avitar is soooooooooo cute !! made me laugh this morning and with aunt flo visiting I needed that LOLOL

Nickle you go girl, congrats on the WL and the complements...its always good to hear a little something. Makes the hard work worth it.

Cathy......... so ???????? whatcha buy ? did you get me a surprise ??? haaaaaaa just kidding.

Nothing new today, sosdd. I ate so many M&M's last night I'm ashamed. I did great w/eating all day long then for some reason I gave myself permission to pig out when will I learn. TOM arrived yesterday yuck !!!

Today I have an appt to see my GYNO to get my sonogram test results I had 3 weeks ago.... lordy lordy lordy... I hate this ya know !!! lolol

Other than that... nodda. Confessions over.

Next !!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #7  

Hi

How is everyone?

not too much new, just running

xoliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

have I mentioned lately that I'm just way too busy maybe I need to learn how to say NO. Could somebody please teach me how to do that. I have got to got to got to get back to walking and I keep putting it off (or should I say that my days are just too full) - I don't even know any more ... is it really that I'm just too busy or am I making excuses??? I mean nobody is expecting much of me at 5 am but I'm in bed so late that I just can't seem to drag myself up that early.

It is wonderfully cool down here today and I absolutely love it

Liz - I've been wondering where you were at. what ya up to girlie? everybody seems to be running these days. try to take a break

Leenie - please let us know what you find out about your results. Is your back a lot better or just a little? We were at outlet malls so I found a few good deals - I bought some things at Mikasa and Fitz & Floyd, and a bought a short bluejean jacket for myself, where you wear a longer shirt underneath that hangs out - know what I mean?? it's really cute - I didn't know how it would look on me but I have to say that it looks ok BTW - did you get Jeremy Camp's new album that came out Tuesday? it's called "Beyond Measure" and boy is it good!!!!

Hey sweetpea - we've been missing you. so glad to see ya! congrats on the exercising (and sleeping). YOU GO GIRL! hope to see ya more often

Nicklewise - that is so awesome on the compliments. It sounds like you can really tell the difference in your body too. Everybody says how important strength training is. Apparently I need to find the time for both - walking & strength training. CONGRATS!

Ok gang I really gotta get back to work
hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

P.S. I got this from Scripture of the Day and thought it was good.....

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook." (GLIBFW)

PROVERBS 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/151/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning - I'm happy to have found this place. I, too, suffer from depression and am on meds, Celexa, and it does seem to help me most of the times. But I do find it hard to stay motivated to lose weight, which is why I came here. I also have a dear friend at work who has helped me get back to WW (again) and she's also making me walk with her every day during our lunch break. That is really helping me a lot - and the fresh air feels very good. Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a good morning and hope I can be of help to someone at some point (and not just be a taker of good information).
Tamarelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Tammy a friend to walk with is the best, it makes the time fly by faster and you don't even realize your walking/exercising. Good going !!

Liz.... zooooooooooom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy, your jacket sounds nice, I am to tall to wear short jackets, it just makes me look like a bowling pin I don't know what to tell you about being busy or making excuses because I feel the same way.. just overwhelmed with it all. 5 AM is to early for me to exercise too. I'm dragging in the morning and dragging after work. Best time for me would be during the day hmmmm
Old 11-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #11  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Goils;

glad to see a few familiar faces.....it's my first time back in a while....I've been busy (good-busy), life is much better, it ain't perfect, but I'll take it. Weight is now secondary, (so is my regular exercise but I try) and I can SLEEP without drugs & even drink COFFEE....so I look and feel 10 years younger, even when my grays show.

hope you all are doing well, I'll stop back soon, I guess it's OK to post here, even if I'm no longer a major depressed woman?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Well hay hay hay there girls,

Marbles, its good to see you and WHOOT !!! on the good report. I'm tickled that things are looking up for you. How's work?

Nothing much is new here today... TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! thats all I can say. I can't wait to get home tonight and get in my PJ's and relax. Thats all I want to do.

Whats shakin with you all this weekend? anything fun and exciting?

Cathy, Liz !! They gyno results came back good.... nuthin but air there I'm relieved.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #13  
prepare for the BEST time

ah, yes, the dreadful gyno-visit....actually I went to new guy and he wasGREAT, gave me lots of info (and ahem BC pills so there will be no little marbles to embarrass me at my advanced age).

tomorrow, nails, pedicure and dinner out....new man on the horizon the last 6 months, he doesn't seem to have severe idiot tendencies, goes grocery shopping for me and cleans the bathroom....He's got a full head of hair, teeth, great skin, his own home, $$, great physical health and NO KIDS!!! who KNOWS where this could lead? gasp.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #14  

ugh ugh a gyno visit. Now I'm not sure if I want breakfast hmmm but glad it was good news for you marble and leenie

Things are going good here. A few bumps in the road but nothing I can't handle. My weight keeps dropping. I have no idea how :? I can't exercise every day because I have a sore ankle and achilles and I am definitely overindulging in sweets but the weight keeps dropping. Trust me I am NOT complaining

I have signed up to teach a course in emotional eating next year so it will be a good thing if I do lose a few more kilos before I teach the class. I don't think people necessarily want a skinny teacher as they might think I can't relate to their concerns but they probably don't want to see the michelin girl either.

I still have legal issues. I have a court case that went on for 18 mths. Then the decision took 3 mths. When it came the judge awarded settlement to me which is great but he made what we think is an error of law and the amount was too law. This means we may have to go to the court of appeal. On top of that the other side have hired a new lawyer for a second opinion as they also want to appeal so hmmmm messy

marble how did you meet this latest man?

Leenie - glad you like the avatar symbolises my impatient nature Hope you got to relax last night & thanks for the warm welcome back

tammy welcome we hope to see you again

cathy - hi there. I'll always remember you as the champion of thyroid investigations I really hope you can learn to put yourself first and go do the exercise. It will help you a lot with extra energy and more importantly you'll stop beating yourself up!!! think of all the energy wasted on guilt and worry that could go into getting yourself some fresh air and a walk Dunno how you do it except to work out what is absolutely essential and drop the rest until you have your exercise habit embedded
Old 11-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #15  

OK so I didn't answer the question about this weekend. Tonight I am going out with a friend to the movies and dinner. Hmmmmm pasta. We are going to this place that makes the world’s best pasta. Ok maybe not the world’s but anyway the sauces are divine and I love the place. J is still not eating anything white so not sure what she will have (no white flour or sugar). She says she can’t have any of her trigger foods.

The movie we’re seeing is the devil wears prada. Should be funny. Will report back...