General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default Ghost stories Anyone????

In the Spirit of Halloween does anyone have an ghostly experiences or stories to tell????

This is my favorite time of year because I love spooks and scares.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

do first marraiges count?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

The house we live in was owned by a couple who had a teenage son that was killed in a car wreck. My kids swear our house is haunted. There are times that cabinets will open with no one around. The stereo will suddenly blare on with no one touching it. The TV changes channels on it's own. The ceiling fan in the living room literally flew off the ceiling and busted all over the floor. I try to convince the kids that these are natural occurances but sometimes have a hard time believing it myself.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Lily, growing up we lived in a house with the same things,,,lights would come on or off without anyone touching the switches, tv would turn on by it self, (way before remotes) And we had a very sad sounding woman who would cry in our living room,,,sitting in a huge rocker. I was cool with everything but the banging the doors or cupboards. We sold the house and the new owners lived in it for only a few short weeks before selling it. Next owners lived in it for a short period of time also,,,this went on for a few years, with about 5 new owners in 3 years. Finally it sits empty.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I have a funny creepy story.

I bought a cute "water baby" doll at a thrift store, intending to clean her up and redress her. These are the dolls that are supposed to feel sort of like real babies because you fill them with water.

Well, the first thing I did was try to drain out all of the old yucky water - but what came out had "bloody red" clumps in it. It really looked like clots of blood.

It scared the bejeebies out of me at first, but I figured there had to be a rational explanation, and sure enough a little searching online and I found that there is a rather common water fungus that is bright red and clumpy and I figured that must be it. But the doll still creeped me out, so I sold her as in on ebay - with the creepy story.

Heres the REALLY creepy part. The lady that won the doll, asked me if the doll was "haunted," before she bid. I told her I honestly did not believe in such things, that I just found the doll creepy. Well, when she won the doll, she told me that she knew for a fact that the doll was truly haunted, because she had "asked the doll" to allow her to win the auction if it was truly haunted. Since she won, she knew the doll was haunted (despite the fact that only one other person bid against her).

Not to judge anyone else's state of mind, but what really started to creep me out more than anything, was that this woman now knew my home addresss.

Oooooooh.

(We've since moved, and I've sold no additional haunted dolls, though I learned there is quite a market on ebay for "haunted" items, if you should be needing to rid yourself of any).
Old 10-27-2006, 12:54 AM   #6  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post

Heres the REALLY creepy part. The lady that won the doll, asked me if the doll was "haunted," before she bid. I told her I honestly did not believe in such things, that I just found the doll creepy. Well, when she won the doll, she told me that she knew for a fact that the doll was truly haunted, because she had "asked the doll" to allow her to win the auction if it was truly haunted. Since she won, she knew the doll was haunted (despite the fact that only one other person bid against her).

(We've since moved, and I've sold no additional haunted dolls, though I learned there is quite a market on ebay for "haunted" items, if you should be needing to rid yourself of any).

wow. I think i'm going to steal that and use it while bidding on someone else's auction and scare the ebay seller. jk
Old 10-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I have a couple weird stories.

In the house I lived in from the age of 5 until 20, creepy things would always happen. Like one time I was combing my hair in the mirror and saw a white bird fly behind my head. I looked around and there was no bird in the bathroom with me and nothing that would've "flown" like that by its own at least. Also I have always slept with some light on but sometimes I'd see a dark shadow standing between me and my light. The shadow looked like a man. Sometimes I'd also hear scratching noises on the roof or what not but we didn't have any trees near the house but maybe mice or something in the attic space? who knows.

What really creeped me out thinking about that house was that one of the bedrooms was always freezing cold. It could be 90 degrees and humid and that room would be really cold. As I said, no trees or any real explanation to it. When I was on the younger side (5 - 7), that room was my play room and I'd always be talking to someone (full conversations) and my mom would come ask me who I was talking to and I'd tell her "the angels" but I don't remember anything.

Also, my townhome had some creepy things happen there which I was the first person to ever live there but the land used to be on a farm. I actually can't recall all the creepy things but I know there were a number of things. One thing, as I said, I'd keep a light on when I slept (in this case I'd keep my bathroom light on). One night I woke up and the light was off, so I turned it back on. I fell asleep, woke up and the light was again off. That happened a couple of times. Another time, I was watching tv and went to go turn the TV off and it wouldn't turn off. I pushed the button and nothing. I had to unplug it. Then I plugged it back in and it wasn't supposed to turn on when you plugged it in, but it went on. So then I tried to turn it off again, but it wouldn't turn off. So then I unplugged it and went to sleep.

Now the creepiest thing that happened to me in that house was something with my alarm clock. I'd keep my alarm clock near my bed and sometimes I'd wake up and look at it. Well I was looking at it and it started to get brighter and brighter and it became super bright and I was scared so I said "stop it" and then it returned back to its normal self. That happened 2 or 3 times over the course of a month, but each time I said "stop it", the clock would return to normal. I thought it might be a power surge or something but my bathroom light was on and that didn't change and it was a new house with no power issues that I knew about.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

My grandparents live in a great house they built on top of a hill, in a cul-de-sac, (what a great location) in the seventies. There are now houses all around them. For a while though, that hill was empty. Here's why:

When we were little, we used to sleep in a corner room in the house and always had nightmares. My older sister would hear groaning and scratching on the walls, I would see people all the time, and etc. Being little, everyone just brushed it off to nightmares and heebie jeebies. Well, about 3 years ago, my little sister and I moved into my grandparents' house with them to save up money for school. She stayed in that room. One night while she was sleeping, the room became freezing cold (we were home on summer break in San Antonio, it was about 90 outside and 80 in the rest of the house). When she pulled the covers up, they started to pin her down! She couldn't scream or move, and just started praying. It happened several times after that, until she finally moved back to college. This past spring, I was home for a doctor's appt and stayed in that room. All night, I couldn't sleep because there seemed to be a red haze floating around the room and it got really hot. Hot enough that I went out to check if there was a fire several times. I ended up moving to the couch at about 4 in the morning.

After all this activity, my sister's and I wanted to know WHY. So we went and talked to a few city historians and professors in the area. We also searched public records and found a few things out. The hill where my grandparents built their house was originally an Indian ritual hill (not a burial ground.) It is speculated that animal and human sacrifices were performed there. After they moved out of the area, the local sheriff's office was built at the bottom of the hill. The top of the hill was used as the hanging hill. It turns out, the property was untouched after the sheriff's office was burned to the ground (with people inside). In the seventie's, a developer finally bought it to start a subdivision. For some reason, all his efforts fell through, and the county foreclosed on the property for delinquent taxes. They split it into these great big lots (my grandparents have nearly an acre) and sold it at public auction. Needless to say, we don't doubt that there are some kind of tortured souls there. The family still doesn't believe the three of us...but, oddly enough, none of them will stay in that room. It always ends up being me or my sisters!!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

I am glad I am not the only one with stories. I have several but I will try to keep them brief.

1: When I was a kid we lived in a house, decent size. Every night I would wake up and hear running up and down the downstairs hallway. So when I was about six or seven I looked downstairs where the running was coming from, I was freaked out when I turned on the light, there was no one there. Years later, when my cousins moved into that house their babysitter thought one of the kids came home from school early when she heard a child running in the hall, when she looked up there was a boy, about 5, transparent, right in front of her. The babysitter quit and wouldn't come back!

2: The House we moved into after the above mentioned house was beautiful and old. Several things started happening in the left corner bedroom. My older sister had the room first once she found a teddy bear hanging by the neck from the opening to the attic (which was in the closet) two weeks later during a storm our cat looked up at her opened his mouth and she swears to this day he said get out. Well she moved out of that room and our little sister moved in. My younger sister never told us much, but one day we went in there and she was hanging up all sorts of crosses, she asked me to move in and give her my room so I did. Wierd things happened to me in that bedroom, The room was always at least 10-15 degrees cooler than the rest of the house, I heard tapping in the middle of the night, the radio and tv would shut off by themselves. One night I came from downstairs to go to bed and there was a woman at the top of the stairs. I had the most peaceful feeling seeing her, I am sure she was an angel.

3. Years later after a remodel of the house ( and me being long moved out of the house) I was babysitting my then infant sister waiting for my mom to get home. At about 2am I heard the front door open and footsteps come up the stairs when I turned to look there was no one there. (my mom came home 25 minutes later.) The strange thing was we never used the front door for anything (the door knob was broken for years) and we always kept the chain lock and dead bolt locked.

4. My first house with my husband I was all alone and I heard this loud banging coming frome the wall inbetween the bedrooms. It is so hard to explain, It was like a big man was banging on the wall with his fist. I looked all around in side and out and I couldn't find where it was coming from (it went on for over an hour). My boss owned the house years before so I asked him if anything weird happened in the house and sure enough about 30 years before a man killed himself, distraught over the death of his wife, leaving 2 sons behind (I know one of the sons it turned out).
Old 10-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Kim your story reminded me of another story!

I was in Old Town San Diego one day and there is a famous house there that is supposedly haunted. Well I was young and was just told it was haunted so I went in. I looked around the first floor and it looked like just an old house but I didn't feel scared. I tried to climb the stairs but I couldn't! I started choking. I tried to crawl up the stairs but it was no use so I went down the stairs and I was fine. Other people were climbing the stairs and coming down them with no problem but not me.

Anyway a couple years later, I saw something on tv about that house and it used to be the site of hangings and apparently some people get a choking feel when trying to climb the stairs because that was the location of the hangings. Also, one unlucky guy failed to die from moment he was dropped because he was taller than average so his feet could barely touch the ground. Anyway, he died of a slow strangulation rather than having his neck broken and dying faster. They believe this guy haunts the area.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Mine is mild compared to the rest of you.

In 2001, my dear FIL finally got peace. (He had Alz and some other problems). My DH and his siblings went up to where my FIL was living before we moved him down closer to us. He and his wife, who is also at peace, retired near the lake and loved that area. The family decided to spread his ashes in the mountains overlooking the lake. I didn't go because I'd had to spend every other weekend there for 2 years taking care of him. Plus, I'd said my goodbyes to Dad.

Dad was blind and was constantly trying to see his watch. I finally bought him a "talking" watch. He loved that watch. However, the battery died and the tonal quality was going even after the battery was replaced. I just bought him another one.

The day they were up there spreading his ashes, that watch with the dead battery started talking! I thought we'd gotten rid of it! It was in a desk in the back room! It started talking at about the same time as they started spreading the ashes.

I took that watch and put it in the garage. However, our bedroom abuts the garage. I could hear it.

I put it in a car. I couldn't live with myself because it was cold weather and I was afraid it would get cold.

I finally put it in the back room and covered it with a throw, but left the face exposed so it wouldn't suffocate.

boobalah came home and couldn't believe it was talking.

I know what I did with the watch is stupid, but I was freaking out!

My BIL was glad to hear that story because he was traveling when Dad passed. He was in a hotel and something started banging heavily on the door. It scared him. He called the front desk and they went into the hall and saw nothing. It banged a couple of times.

We both think it was Dad telling us goodbye. He nevered believed in this kind of stuff until that happened.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

On my 13th birthday I spent the night with my grandmother in her tiny one bedroom apartment. When we got ready to go to bed, she said "you, go ahead, I have indigestion and need to sit up a while". I went on to sleep and awoke at 1AM to the sound of beautiful singing of the song "Amazing Grace". She had not came to bed and I went back to sleep. The next morning, I found her sitting up on the couch, she had passed in her sleep. I tried to wake her and held my breath and watched to see that her chest was not moving. I zipped her housedress because I didn't want any one to see her with her bra showing. I called my Dad because he was the ambulance driver for our small town. He said "no, she's just a heavy sleeper", but he was wrong. The good thing that came of this, is I knew from then on that I wanted to be a nurse, so I might possibly be able to help someone in the future.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #13  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Lillybelle, you are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
The next morning, I found her sitting up on the couch, she had passed in her sleep. I tried to wake her and held my breath and watched to see that her chest was not moving.

The good thing that came of this, is I knew from then on that I wanted to be a nurse, so I might possibly be able to help someone in the future.
Not too many 13 yr olds would have turned something that drastic into something so positive. Cuddos to you!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Wow, lilly I couldn't imagine going through that!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Wow Lily, you must of been a very mature 13 year old.
Closed Thread