Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #1  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weekend Warriors October

Hello Out There!

Is there anybody else here who'd like to have a "place to go" during the Weekends? It seems it can get kinda quiet on the boards just when some of us could use a pep talk or a quick post just to keep our grip.

So I'm tossing this thread out there for a while to see if there are any takers. Just a place to drop in on a Saturday or Sunday for those of us trying to fight the good fight between dinner dates or BB-Q's or other Weekend Pitfalls!

See ya!

Ipa
Old 10-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #2  
Fighting the Good Fight

Hooray for SATURDAY!!!

Got up and out early today-put 3800 steps on the pedometer walking the doggies. Glad that's done, cuz it's a busy day. There are costumes to make and a party to get to [wearing the costume!]

Trying to focus on what I need to do to stay in control at the party. Mostly it'll be hot dogs, candy, and cookies all over the place [it's a Church party for the kids in the Parish so the food is kid food]. None of that seems too tempting at this point.

I think a bowl of homemade chili before I get there should keep me on track.

Have a great weekend!

The Girl from Ipanema
Old 10-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Checkin in...
My cousins are coming for a kid/play/sleepover weekend. We will have a 4,2,2,2.5 and 1 year old. My house should be trashed and I have already had some kids snacks with it not yet being 7:30 am.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:13 PM   #4  
banned

just wnna say great job on the ped. ipa! good luck at the party! eating something bf hand is always an excellent strategy.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I echo Andrea's sentiments - eating ahead is a great strategy
Old 10-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #6  
banned

very versatile--- i myself do it not to stop any junk, but so that i dont starve bc im a very picky eater and i somketimes will eat little to nothing when i go somewhere bc i dont like the choices. so it helps that too.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #7  
I wanna get back to this!

S/C/G: 182.4/169.6/145

Height: 5'8"

Went to a halloween party last night - I did pretty darned well. I used about 10 flex points, but I had planned to allow myself about that many anyway.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #8  
Fighting the Good Fight

Sheesh!!!

I did fine at the party--actually arrived too late to eat! Then my computer went down until now.

Thanks for joining me here this weekend, nice to know someone is out there at the end of the week!

Ipa
Old 11-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #9  
Fighting the Good Fight

Default Warriors Line Up!

Okay!

I set my Weigh In for Monday cuz I am gonna stay on track this weekend! I don't have any special challenges other than the usual brunch with the in-laws on Sunday. Making sure I know what I'll order before I go and getting that doggy bag on the table to box up half of the meal even before I start.

My challenge to myself is to walk both days of the weekend. That's an improvement for me and I think I can manage it.

So--what's your strategy?

Ipa
Old 11-04-2006, 07:32 AM   #10  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

I'm here, too! I'm usually prowling around on the cptr on the wkends.. This wkend wl be a busy one though. My Mom wl be in town around noon-ish. Our church is sponsoring a concert tonight (over 500 guests!!!!) w/ a guest star Vickie Winans (I'm not sure if you all recognize her name). Mom is staying until Sun after church. SO, WITH THAT BEING SAID; I have to squeeze a workout in this morning (started a jog prog about a wk ago). I'm on workout #5 and counting. I'm used to cardio, but this is a brand new ball game.
So, wl checkin tomm and everyone have a great weekend.. Ipa, great determination. Let's squeeze those workouts in! Weekends are always harder even if you don't have anything planned d/t you want to rest because of a hard week...
Old 11-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #11  
Fighting the Good Fight

Talking STREAKIN' the WEEKEND!

Hey There!

It's Friday once again and time to fire up for the weekend. I have discovered that the food I eat during the weekend also has calories. Just like the food I eat during the week! Funny how I failed to believe that this long!

That said, I've scheduled a half hour walk for both Sat. and Sun.--and the usual doggy bag strategy at Sun. brunch. I have started a couple projects house stuff and some knitting to help keep my grubby little paws off the fridge. REALLY want to see a good weigh in Monday.

So drop in and keep me company while I try to behave tomorrow!

Seeya,

Ipa
Old 11-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #12  
Fighting the Good Fight

It's Saturday and we got another 30 min walk on thebooks for the weekend! I'm just itching to get to Monday Weigh In! I know it's gonna be a great one!!

Ipa
Old 11-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #13  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Ipa, where have I been that I never noticed this post before? Glad to see someone else is here on the weekends, too! I never know when I'll hit the computer, but I usually do at least once a day, so glad to see you here too!

Saturday is my meeting/weigh in day, so I always jump on in the afternoon to change my tracker and update my stuff. Today was good! Down 3.2#, and optimistically thinking I may hit onderland by the end of the month, or at least by mid December...WOO HOO!

Keep up the walking, it helps SO MUCH!
Old 11-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #14  
Fighting the Good Fight

Kelly,

I started the thread for those of us who surf around on the weekend needing a little lift to keep on track--nice to see you here!

WOW--over 3 pounds DOWN!!!! That is fabulous! I know what you mean about wanting to break into onederland. For me it'll be heaven to break into the 130's--even by a teeny quarter pound.

Today I took my littlest dog for the longest walk of the week--we went 3 miles in 45 min. She runs circles around me every step of the way so she probably went 9 miles! Tomorrow is weigh in and I need to hold on to the plan through the evening and not snack out!

Onward! Ipa
Old 11-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #15  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

With your doggies little legs, that 9 miles probably feels like a hundred! LOL!

Best of luck to you on your weigh in, I'm sure you'll do fantastic!
Closed Thread