Old 10-26-2006, 06:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Tyra Show (again!)

Did anyone see it yesterday with the twins?

They took two identical, beautiful twins and made one "ugly" with makeup, a prosthetic on her nose, and baggy clothes. They sent them both out to job interviews with fake resumes and the underqualified, pretty one got the job both times! They also had them asking people to take surveys on the street and not a single person stopped for the "ugly" one. Between that and the fat-suit one... What a world huh?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:10 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

That is terrible! but I can believe it!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

It's so sad, but so true! People still go by first impressions of what they see, and it's wrong!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #4  

That's life.

In this world, you have to possess looks or money to really advance or enjoy life. Sorry, but it's true.

I'm in law school. I am smart, but not brilliant. Some of my classmates are brilliant and have better grades and accolades, but they are unnattractive and/or akward.

Last year we were all interviewing for summer associate positions and I noticed that slimmer, more attractive candidates got more offers. (I was 145lbs then.)

Also, I arrived at interviews in designer, tailored suits, flawless makeup, precision haircut, manicured nails, classic leather heels...you get the idea. Of course I had a nice resume...and I got offers.

On the other hand, a BRILLIANT guy that I know would go to interviews with a SuperCuts haircut, Suave gel, Men's Wearhouse suit, plastic Payless shoes, and well, he's still looking for a job.

It's the way of the world. Not saying that it's right...but hey...that's life.

I'm going out clubbing and drinking ladies...no diet tonight...just being hot hot hot and having fun fun fun!
WhitWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #5  
Goodbye Fat!

You are so right Whit. My husband just started an new job and asked his boss why he was chosen over more qualified people and he told him point blank, "you looked the part."
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I can't stand things like this... I mean unfortuantely its true and happens, but I hate when you actually see it or doing these little tests and showing it, same with race, weight, etc...
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #7  
I can do it this time.

My dad always gets picked for jury duty. My dad usually has his dress slacks on and dress shirt with dress shoes... Finally my dad asked one of the lawyers after why he was picked and He told him because you dress well, you look good.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote