Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and ChitChat #218!

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting . So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Sorry ladies for being MIA. I have a slight cold and I'm totally exhausted!! I get up tired, and I go to bed extremely tired. No way to spend a day!!

Just wanted to post a little so you all don't worry. I'll check in when feeling better.

Hugs to you all!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 AM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

MARTI...Hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #4  
a work in progress

Hi ladies, just checking in real quick.

Friday I made the 10 hour drive down to Vegas, and spent most of the time through Monday afternoon at the hospice with my foster dad and the family. He recognized me (after almost 20 years), and was able to communicate a little bit, but he went downhill fast. The hospice workers were great, very caring and gentle, and kept him on lots of meds so he wasn't in pain and he wasn't anxious or scared. But, man, cancer is a hard way to go. I left Vegas Monday at 5pm, and got as far as Bakersfield at 11 before I had to stop and rest. I drove the rest of the way to Sacramento on Tuesday -- and Kim called me Wednesday and said her dad died on Tuesday. The funeral is tomorrow at 1:00, but I can't make the trip back to Vegas again. I'm just so glad I got to see him and say goodbye.

I have my EMG test in an hour and a half, and I'm scared and sick to my stomach. I've had one before, so I know what to expect, but it's ugly and it hurts and I've been dreading it. Oh well...it will be over soon, I guess. Then I see my surgeon again tomorrow, and she'll tell me if I'm going back to work on Monday. I'm just so frustrated because my arm hurts just like it did before I even had the stupid surgery in February, and I may be going back to the same job doing the same thing that hurt me in the first place. But I'm also scared that my doctor is going to say I can't do that job anymore, and then what will I do? Neither outcome is very encouraging.

Anyway, I'll stop now -- sorry to be such a downer, ladies. I'll come back in a day or two when I know more.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Sorry I've not been in here a while...been in a mood and not wanting to do much of anything. Or I should say, not wanting to post. I have kept the house clean though so that's something.

NORMA...I used to be very organized. Not so much now. I try but I just keep making messes and piles, lol. The Christmas cards though is something I have always done early. Just happened to be thinking abou tit one day and had DH bring the tub up from the basement. I don't always have leftover cards but I always have cards. I am a card-aholic for sure. I see some I like and can never make up my mind so I will end up buying two or three different ones. Then after Christmas if I happen to think of it I will go to Hallmark and see what they have on sale for 50 or 75% off and buy more, lol! So, I always have Christmas cards. And I save all my cards that I receive ever year and they too are in the tub along with Christmas address labels and anything else Christmas related, stationery that is. Hope you are having a good day.

MARY KATE...so sorry to hear of your foster dads passing. At least you did get to see him one last time. Sorry you have been so frustrated with your arm. I know all too well the pain you are going through, well, sort of. I have pain in mine too but have just been putting up with it because I don't want to take drugs. I am going to the doc soon about it though because the last few days have been horrible and I've not been able to sleep good. I have to lay a certain way on my left side and can't even do that for long. But I sure could use some strong pain pills right now, lol. Hope the EMG wasn't/isn't too bad for you. Being in pain is the pits and I am sorry you are having such pain. Maybe it's time to look for a new career? I know that doesn't help at a time like this but maybe it is a sign. I guess I always look at things in that they happen for a reason. Is there something else that you could do within the company you work for? Okay, I'm probably not helping much...and you are not a downer so don't think that way. It's just frustrating for you and we know that. Lots of hugs and prayers for you for a good outcome and for some painless days and nights. Oh, almost forgot...I just got around to sending Eric a card and some chocolates today. I meant to do it last week...better late than never though I guess. He should get it by Saturday, the latest Monday. A nice Happy Halloween treat for him.

SASSY...I don't even know how to begin to thank you for all that you sent. We received the package yesterday and I was amazed at all you sent missy! It is very much appreciated by us as I know it will be by the troops! THANK YOU very much from the bottom of our hearts! You know, I never thought about doing the popcorn...so that will be an added little treat for them. I'm going to get toothbrushes tomorrow from our dental group. DH finally called today. The lady said they didn't have any dental floss...hey, I'm happy they are willing to give the toothbrushes! So, now all I need to get is the candy canes and socks. Oh, and a few more razors...I think 20, bought a few today and need to do a count again. Then about 10 carmex...may be less now. Anyway...hugs to you and many thanks!

MICHELLE...hope you are feeling a little better today. I know you are missing your momma and you always will but she will always be with you in spirit. And try not to beat yourself up too much. There's nothing you could have done different so please don't do the guilt trip or the regret trip. It makes it worse on you sweetie.

JANE...sorry I didn't get in here to wish you a good trip...better late than never I guess. I know you will have a fantastic journey. The tub, yes...it is a plastic tub. DOn't even want to think about redoing the bathrooms even though we do plan on redoing the main one sometime in the near future, maybe. Just a new tub with tile around it and flooring and a pedastal sink of some kind.

JULES...how are you doing missy? How is DD coming along with the apartment hunting? I saw on the general thread about the landlord, ugh. Good thing she's getting out of that place soon. She doesn't need to have the burden of that dummy.

MARTI...hope you get to feeling better soon.

HI SUE

Okay, who am I forgetting? It's hard remembering what was said on the last thread without going back and taking a break. This was the last thread I needed to catch up on and it was when Jeopardy came on, lol. Had to go play. Anyway, forgive me if I've forgotten anyone. That's about all I have. I want to go fold a load of laundry before I have to start dinner. Chat with you all soon.

Take care and have a good evening.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick drop in...

I got the release from my pulmonary Dr. today...don't have to see him again. The spot was actually scar tissue. (after 2 years of watching to make sure)

Gloomy, dreary, rainy day here and I had to go out. ugh. Bought groceries after the Dr. and came home to be lazy.

Not much else.....
Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM   #7  

MARY KATE...I'm so sorry about your Foster Dad's passing, but so happy you could get there to be with him and he knew you still. I pray that your tests came through okay today, and that you get relief very soon.

CRISTINA...I'm so sorry you have been having a hard time with the mood. That's been happening with me so much lately, constantly up and down. I try not to beat myself up and thing negative thoughts, but they still slip in there once in awhile. One of our close friends lost her husband today to a very long horrible battle with cancer. Sad things just keep popping up, and I will be so happy when there are brighter days ahead.

SUE...So glad that your tests came back good and you're clear to go now. My worst thing is grocery shopping, and I've gotten so I hate doing it alone. I like my DH to go, but it's hard to fit it in with him working two jobs.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all--I thought I would pop in here and let everyone know I'm alive and well. I guess I'm not the only one who has been away, from all of the messages I've read, a lot of us are sick or mourning.

I am very sorry to hear of the losses and all of the cancer I am reading about.

Katiecat--I am sorry about your loss. It is good that your foster father recognized you when you went. It is also good to have that closure. About your EMG--I had a friend who had to have one, as you described she said it was very painful. I hate to hear that you have to go through this. I will pray that you will not be in so much pain. You are not a downer at all. Besides you can't keep it in, that leads to depression and depression often leads to eating or lethergy, which are two main reasons for gaining weight. I will also pray about your arm. Hang in there.

Marti--I am sorry to hear you are sick. Lots of rest and fluids..lol Isn't that what eveyone says, well, let me be a conformer for now...LOL Kiwi has more vitamin C in it than oranges. However, I just drink immunity defense orange juice when I feel like I'm going to get sick. I don't get sick.

Cristina--It's funny, you said you used to be organized but now you just keep making piles. I am exactly that way. I used to be crazy clean. My mom would have us "spring cleaning" on Saturdays. She was a fanatic to be clean, I was always having to do SOMETHING. When I got older I stayed that way for a while, then realized that I wouldn't get in trouble if I didn't clean up right away. Now, I'm in trouble...lol I am not a complete loss and I am working on organizing what is here but it is slow going. Military housing is not all that wonderful. We have less than 900 square feet and are a family of 6. I keep wanting to throw things away because they look like clutter but really, it's just small in here. That's not to say we don't have some clutter, it's just not as much as I keep thinking..lol I think most of my problem is procrastination. I think procrastination must be like pork, you know how they say "pork, the other white meat"? Well, I say, "procrastination, the other lazy" LOL (this message was not intended to harm procrastinators--say this with a commercial disclaimer voice) I'm so glad that you love cards, I love cards too. Not getting them as much as giving them. I make them. I also teach others how to make thier own. You could be making your cards and saving yourself some dough instead of making Hallmark rich..lol However, on that note, my favorite card character is Maxine from shoebox greetings. If you know anything about Maxine then you know about my kind of humor. Not for everyone..lol In fact, I had a migraine while talking over yahoo chat to a friend in the states. I told her that I was waiting for the Tylenol to kick in. She said that Excedrin migraine medicine cures all the ails of the brain. I said, "great, maybe I should start handing them out to stupid people" she didn't get it. AHAHAHA anyway, my kids heard me, now, every time someone does or says anything "less wise" lol SOMEONE in this house asks them if they need some Excedrin...lol (we don't tell people outside though just a family joke) BTW my friend began to laugh histerically about 15 minutes later, it wasn't during a time when we were making jokes. She said she got it...lol

Jane--I'm trying to pop in here more. It is hard because hubby is on leave and I feel like I'm taking up my time with him when I type on the computer. He will be gone for 3 months come Nov 4th and I know I'm going to miss him as soon as he walks out the door. It always feels like a vital organ has been removed when he leaves. He is my very best friend and it is hard to live without seeing him every day. So, when he goes, I may be on here more. Who knows. Thank you so much for the post card. It's nice to know that someone is thinking about me, you know someone I DON'T annoy..LOL

Well, to everyone else, I hope your day is bright and you are successful in your weight loss indeavors. I thought I should put SOMETHING about weight loss or exercise in here....LOL I have been walking a couple of miles every day. I must say, though I am very patriotic from being here that I do love one thing about Germany (not that I hate it here) I love that they made it a point to put in sidewalks and trails and all kinds of things so that people can walk and/or bike wherever they want to go without crossing major roads and all of that. Usually, when you want to cross a 4 lane or something big like that, you will find stairs that go under the street and come up on the other side. It is fantastic. They also leave as much nature up as they can, they are not quick to take out all of the trees, so my walk is also a nature hike at the same time. It is beautiful this time of year. All of the burst of colors. It really makes me happy to be alive. I LOVE AUTUMN!! So, ladies, find a place where you think it's the most beautiful. Walk around there. Be happy to be alive. It helps with weight loss I'm sure.

Well, my blabber fingers have gotten away with me for too long now, so I will let you all rest your eyes. Thank you for indulging me by reading..lol

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Tiffany
Old 10-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hi All, Just a short note here. Look at my weight!!!! I've been a very good girl. Actually, I'm killing my self with all the painting. I wish I had a dollar for every step up and down that silly ladder. I'm down 5 lbs. I'll been losing all week but I just now hit 248.5 and I thought I should post the change. My utility room is looking really great and I made myself a real nice scrapbooking corner with everything at arms reach. I'll take pictures when I have it all decorated. I hope you all are in good spirits and on the mend. Happy weight losses to you all!
Norma
Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

Well I got my exercise in this morning, unexpectingly but I did. First I was ill all night at work, managed to get through, we are driving home, we ALMOST make it when our car starts dying, again. (We've been having problems with it all week and hub has been working on it all week) So instead of risking it dying in the middle of nowhere or on a hill, we leave it at the local hotel. So we walk home, in the rain, mostly uphill, it was a mile and a 1/2! But we made it. Now most of you that walk regularly may think well big deal. But for this FC it was a HUGE deal. Like I said it was mostly all up hill add on top of that it was raining and add on top of that I was ill and also I have a spinal injury as well.

So we had to stop a couple times but we made it, helping each other. I looked at that walk like our marriage. We haven't always had it easy and sometimes we have had to "walk uphill in the rain" but we did it together, helping each other every "step" of the way. (metaphorically speaking).

My husband is truely and honestly my best friend and helps me through the rough times, and we celebrate the good times. Nobody else has ever done that for me except maybe for my mother.

Anywho. FIL came over and now they are currently trying to get our car home at least. We are going to HAVE to go and buy a new car now. Even if we do "fix" our car, we are still going to buy another car as this car we have now is old and has lots of mileage on it and we don't want to be stranded this winter.

Anyways that was my morning.

Cristina -- my pleasure to help out the troops! I always wanted to do something, only I didn't know "what" to do. So I'm so happy that I could actually "DO" something!!!!! I hope that they enjoy it all and I hope they like my poem I wrote them. I didn't know what to "say" in a letter so I wrote a poem instead.........

I hope everybody is doing well today. As for me I'm not going to work today. I already emailled my boss lastnight so she had a lot of warning to get someone else in. Hub also spoke with her this morning because of our car issue we didn't know how we would even get to work. So she said she understood and would ask the other guy we work with tonight to come in early. Later on after many attempts to try to get a hold of our mechanic with no luck, hub called her back and said he might not be in. She understood that things happen.

So anyways. Please pray to the "Car Gods" that we can fix our car temporarily.

P.S. Just wanted to add they got our car home, it sounds like crap, but they got it home at least.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:21 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

In a little better mood today. DS and I went to lunch, we haven't done that in a while. He is too busy with work and school. So today we went for lunch and then to the pet store so he could get some things for his bird...the one I keep telling him is going to die from loneliness. Then off to Target and to Nifty Fifty, the 50% off store that he hadn't heard about. I did good and only spent $20. Well, actually a little more because lunch was my treat. Anyway...we had a nice day. Brought my spirits up a little. I think I am just missing and worrying about Josh a lot.

TIFFANY...you are so right. Today while out and about we were totally taken in by the colors of fall. The trees and some shrubs are just gorgeous! A little windy but a beautiful day! I have to agree...I too am a procrastinator...big time! But then I get in moods and do great for a while. I used to have the perfect little house, clean and organized. Then DH#1 ws killed and I learned that there is more to life than having a perfectly clean and organized home. Although, I miss having it. My house is clean but not spotless like back then. Yeah, I think Hallmark gets a big chunk of my, er DH's money. I would love to get started making my own cards but I am having a hard enough time doing the scrapbooking, lol! And yes I am familiar with Maxine...the kids say I am her, lol! WTG on your walking!

SASSY...well, hopefully you guys can get a new car soon. And WTG on the walk! You may not have wanted to do it but you and hubby both did it! Hills kill me too! And stairs...it doesn't matter how much I walk the stairs still get to me for some reason. I can walk three miles or more (3 at a time) but going up and down our basement stairs, omg! They leave me breathless every time. And I think the poem is great! I am and have never been good with words...I think that's why I buy and send cards. I will be praying to the car gods for ya.

SUE...WTG on the tests! Bet that is a big relief to you. We have had the same weather. Yesterday it was dreary all day and this morning, early, we had thunderstorms. We need the rain though. And it was cold and windy. But by 1:30 the sun was shining and it turned out to be a beautiful day after all.

NORMA... You are doing an awesome job with your weightloss! I am proud of you missy! Can't wait to see pictures of your room!

MICHELLE...how are you doing today? My mood was a little better today. Spent time with Jason (DS#1) and that brightened my day. We haven't done that in such a long time, or so it seems and I miss it. Of course DD and I spend a lot of time together. But I miss all my kids and have always spend time with each one separately...I think mostly I am missing and worrying about Josh. No news is good news, or so they say. I just worry too about what he is doing there, you know...how he is going to be mentally when he comes home from dealing with and seeing what he sees every day. I wish I wasn't a worrier, always have been though and I think it has worsened since their dad died. Sorry to hear about your friends husband. Hugs to you and her. There's been too much of that going around lately. And I hear ya about the brighter days...they will come soon.

MARY KATE...how did the EMG go yesterday? Hope it wasn't too bad for you. I guess I'm not clear on what it is and what all is involved. I thought I knew I know I am wishing I could cut my arm off at the shoulder. I don't look forward to this winter at all. But I do plan on getting to doctor next week and finding the problem once and for all. Tired of living in pain. Anyway, I do hope you are fine.

Well, I better get going. I usually start dinner at 6, sometimes 6:30 but was busy today and didn't have my computer time. I feel cheated when I don't get it, lol!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Hey Cristina.

Thanks. Hub said on the cars odmeter we walked 1.7 miles, so that is almost 2.0 miles! And all uphill, I'd say it IS 2 miles! lol.

I slept like a ROCK when we got home this morning! But this just goes to show that we CAN do this, granted I know this morning was a bit of a different situation, but it just goes to show that we CAN do it!

We haven't yet gotten to the store to get "healthier" foods (because of our car situation) but we WILL go and buy healthy foods. Fruits, veggies, etc. I dunno I just feel like I just woke up out of a "coma" Where I feel like I've been "wasting" my time and energy on the "wrong" things in life. I just see the world as a new place and so many possibilities. Maybe someone had our car break down for a purpose so I would "wake up". Well I know this morning stank but I'm glad it happened.

Anyways. I used to write a lot more in my HS days, but have been a lot more laxed now a days.............and I hear you on stairs. They are a killer for hub big time. He has bad knees........

Oh and I wanted to pass on that Woman's Day current issue (has a gingerbread man on the cover) has a lot of good tips on healthy eating and holiday stuff too!

Take Care!

Old 10-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies...
Another rainy day in Indiana. It is supposed to stop and let us see the sun for a couple days. Sure hope it does. I had been doing better at walking until this latest deluge. Baby is missing our walks too....she hates the rain.
Mom and I went to Target today. I found a jacket, I had looked every where for one I liked. And this was half price...Yay! Also got a pair of track pants. Then to Kohl's for 2 shirts and a pair of jeans. Took Mom to get her hair done and then we came home. My best friend came for a visit and we all worked on the puzzle.
We don't have anything planned for the week-end at all. I think I will start going through the rest of the pictures I have from our walls and decide what to hang back up. Then I need to finish cleaning.

Sassy- What a walk..and in the rain. It is clear that you and your DH take such good care of each other. Hope the car situation works out soon. Not fun to have a car down.

Cristina- I know it perks me up when I get to spend time with my DD. I just wish my other kids were here also, so I know how it is to miss them. I am just sorry that Josh is where he is..which is more worrisome. But, I am proud of him and all the guys doing that job! I know you are too, but you also have the worries...that's a Mom for you.

Norma- WAY TO GO chickie! You are doing great with the weight loss. Would like to see the photos of your paint/redecorating. I am still planning to post photos when my decorating is done.

Tiffany- Yes, the fall colors are really beautiful. They are to be at the peak this week-end here. I believe it...when I looked out the window earlier I was taken with the gold of the trees across from us. Then the tree in our yard is a vivid orange. If the sun had been shining it would have made a wonderful photo...the orange with the gold trees behind. Maybe tomorrow I can get that shot if it stops raining. I am seriously planning to start making cards...one of these days. I bought cardstock and envelopes on sale...and have been "looking" at some other items. I guess there is so much out there that I was overwhelmed. I looked at ink and stamps, but those can get so expensive....stamps for up tp $8.99 each...wow! So...once I decide where to start I will.

Mary Kate- Hope the test went well and that you have some news about what will happen now. I am sorry about the loss of your foster father, but glad you got to show him your love before he passed away.

DH is not due back for 6 days and sounds like he got the work done at our LV place. Tomorrow he gets to pick up DS and DSS...spend 4 days with them. Now I am feeling sorry for myself that I won't get to see my son.

**BIG drum roll**
We close on the sale of the house sometime before the 10th of Nov. It is a GO!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Hey Sue.

Yes its been raining, raining, raining here in Ohio too. I hope to see the Sun soon. 1/2 price is great, love that!

Quote:
Sassy- What a walk..and in the rain. It is clear that you and your DH take such good care of each other. Hope the car situation works out soon. Not fun to have a car down.
Yeah but I think we both needed it and not just in the physical sense neither. It was an eye opener that yes we can do it, together. My DH can annoy the crap out me at times, but he is the bestest friend and partner ever. Thanks. Yeah especially since we sold the truck so now the broken down car is it. lol. Luckily FIL is lending us his car til we fix ours or get another one. lol.

Have a Good one!

Old 10-28-2006, 01:40 AM   #15  

NORMA... You are doing so good with dropping those pounds, and gone forever!!!

CRISTINA...Today was a little better because it was sunny out, but then I start thinking about things and get down again. Sunday will be so hard when we have to go move everything out of her place. We have no idea what all we'll find. Every time I have to go over to the assisted living home, it just brings up so many feelings. You are so much like me with worrying. I have been told this my practically every single family member. They all tell me I'm going to have health problems if I don't stop worrying so much, but I do try and I still end up doing the same thing. It's just the way I've always been, even when I was younger. I can see how you would worry about your children since their dad died, that's very understandable. I'm also glad you're doing better also.
Closed Thread