South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 04:41 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday's Warblings

Cackle Dooodle Doooooooo !!!Rise N Shine!!!!! Cawfee is Up!!!

Brrrrrrrr...it's a balmy 30 degree mornin! Frost is definitely on the Pumpkin! Time to catch up on what's a happenin in the Chicken Coop

Cottage:
SO did that glue gun do the trick?

KellyJ: on yer 3 pound loss and looose jeans!

Ruth:
I think you need a cabana boy fer all those chores

Barb: Like Ruth is a trigger for me..don't know if I could be trusted with 40 boxes of boyscout popcorn in my house!!! (or girls scout cookies)

Kim:
Hope you are feeling better.. How's your Halloween planning coming? We use to make a big deal of it... a whole group of us use to get dressed up and go to clubs and win grand prizes! We all went to Salem 3x over the years to attend the Witches Brew Ball ... we always had a BLAST! The Witches ball is held the weekend before halloween ... That's the weekend that all the "adults" go to celebrate, as Halloween weekends have turned into big college kid gatherings and well, we made a mistake the last year we went and it was scary in a bad way..mobs of drunken teenagers, setting fire to the hay bales and what not.... not fun at all

Chellez
: I that new show Heroes... Seems they leave us with a good cliffhanger each week.. I also love Ugly Betty .

BB: We've missed ya darlin I hope your hand is better today!...

you to Kaity, feel better soon!
And back Lottie! You look just as Stunnink with Black hair as you did with Red!

today is another crafting day . I wasn't in the mood to make the memory box so I started a needlepoint eyeglass case for my MIL.. It's just a basic basketweave stitch so hopefully I can knock it out quickly.
Ah, cawfee is done a perkin' Think I'll take a mug into bed and watch the news..... will check back later
Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a balmy 28* here on the Phila. Main Line, Schatzi, brrrrr! Yep, that hot glue gun did the trick. Mine is a dual high or low temp gun. We were making some decorations using those foam sheets, and the foam glue wasn't working at all. We made some ghosts, a witch and a scarecrow so far, and they look great. Have fun with your crafting today!

I have the morning off, so I'm going to Curves, then back home for my oatmeal and coffee. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with the rest of my morning. After school Audrey has a friend coming over for a playdate, and we're going to make and decorate Halloween cookies.

Well, I'm off to Curves for now, I'll check in a little later to see what's been happening here.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Guess what? I think I'm finally starting to sleep later in the mornings. It was 6:20 today and the Girls were still on their beds when I went downstairs. I've had breakfast and the garbage is out. Now I can do nothing all day if I feel like it.

All this crafty stuff is starting to inspire me. I need to go to town and get some new scissors, however, as my current pair won't cut fleece fabric. They are good scissors too. (If I didn't live by myself, I'd suspect someone used them to cut wire or cardboard but I can't use that excuse.) I want to make quilted or fleece pads to fit in the dog beds. They are white fake sheepskin - so dumb a colour! what were they thinking? I figure being able to just wash the pads will be quicker than washing and drying the whole darn bed.

Hey! It's not raining so I am going to go outside and do a few fall chores. I'll be back later.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:14 AM   #4  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Chickies!

Schatzi: 4:41 in the morning? Early riser yea? Daniel and I spent the longest time trying to figure out what the younger brother's power was. Then it clicked like 2 episodes before this last one. Heroes got more viewers on Monday than Monday Night Football! I've read that the producers of the show are asking NBC if they will take on a second season but NBC won't give them an answer. Think its because they are waiting for sweeps season to see how it fairs. The producer's do need to know something soon though so they know how to let the story play out. GL on your needlepoint!

Cottage: 28*!!! I'd be an ice cube in that weather! OoOo cookies... making me hungry again.

Ruth: Lucky you that the dogs were sleepy. The alarm clock went off this morning and Gizmo started heading for the bedroom door and was meowing to get into Thunder's room. It's funny, Daniel and I thought that they'd hate each other cause they are both boys, but they are crazy about seeing each other again since they've been seperated. Maybe they are secret lovers

Well I think Daniel's cold thing is finally starting to catch up with me. Shucks... I thought eatting better and taking a multivitamin was helping resist it. Ah well. Hopefully those things will help fight it out. I went to my meeting last night with the school and they are letting me back in!! Just waiting on the final word from the Provost today and then my financial aid paperwork. I tried to see if I was eligible for grants but alas.... I'm still considered a dependant student because I'm not 23. So this means I fall under my parent's tax bracket even though I've live away from home for almost 4 years now. No good deals for me is what it all equals out to.

Everyone is so crafty right now.... I have 2 projects I'm working on. I'm designing a concept sword drawing for a group of my online friends that play Everquest 2. I'm also working on a cross stich plaque for my wedding in August. Its the first one I've done so I'm hoping it turns out ok. I have a needlepoint butterfly picture to do after that is done but that's just for fun so I'm not in any rush for that.

I did good with eatting yesterday.... was hoping to see some more weight loss this morning or at least feel it but nothing. I'm thinking its because Im getting sick its going to go the other way. I just have to be careful I guess or go out and exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day.... I'm going to try and get this financial aid stuff done now. Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0002.jpg (91.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chellez ~ Your needlepoint project is beautiful, that should be fun working on it. I hope you finish it by your wedding. I used to do a lot of crosstitch and crewel projects, now I'm getting motivated to start working on another one. That would be a pleasant hobby for these long winter evenings looming ahead. Sorry to hear you're getting sick, have you tried any of the Zicam products, they work wonders for a cold.

Ruth ~ I truly believe there's a scissor-demon that goes around putting dull edges on our scissors. Right now I can't even find my special little scissors that supposedly only "I" use. Those new fleece/quilted pads for the doggie beds sound like a great idea, I'm sure Hershey and Lucy will love you for it!

I just took a Spinach and Chicken Casserole out of the oven, so dinner is all ready for tonight, hurray! That should make my life easier today. I've been going through recipes, getting some ideas for Thanksgiving dinner, and Christmas brunch. In our family it's tradition to host a special meal over Christmas, and we always have everyone here for brunch on Christmas day. I don't know how much longer we'll be doing that, though, with the grandchildren growing older, they'll want to stay home with their presents that Santa left! We'll probably have to change things after this year. Anyway, I'm starting to plan menus now so I can maybe make and freeze some things now, and get a head start. I'm determined to be organized this holiday season! (She says, and hasn't even started her Christmas shopping yet!)
Old 10-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone. I'm still feeling the crud. I'm at work today, but the only reason is because I had to turn in a travel expense request for my trip to Austin in Nov. I realized that if I didn't get it turned in today, a check wouldn't get cut until Nov. 15th and I get back from my trip on the 14th!! I totally forgot about it and had to rush to get ready to come in. (I had been planning on calling in again.) Well, at least it's settled and I'm good to go. Since I'm here, I'll just stick around until lunch and take off after that.

Schatzi: The Halloween planning is currently on hold. I'll probably pull out the cook books tomorrow and make shopping and cooking lists. I'm kind of starting to dread the party, but just because most of my friends aren't coming (they all have kids) and all of my DH's friends are coming. Oh well -- at least I'll have an excuse to go to bed early!

Cottage:28* -- are you kidding me? Brrr - that's cold!! Good luck with your Chirstmas organization!

Ruth:Your idea for the dog beds sounds like a winner! Our dog beds are khaki, so at least they hide some of the dirt! Plus, when I wash them, the dogs don't want anything to do with them. I guess they smell too pretty!!

Chellez: I'm sorry you're felling cruddy. Hope you get well soon. I went through the same thing with my financial aid. Doesn't it suck that they seem to penalize you for your parents' income. It made it super hard for me to even afford to stay in school!!

Hope everyone's day is smashing! I'm gonna get a little work done and then go home!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

YAY !! I finally got to move the little counter deal again - for real this time, 3 more pounds down. 177 !! I'm so excited. I can't wait until it's under 170 now. The way my body works though, it will probably take a month -

It's beautiful weather here the last 2 days - normally, it's pretty cold by now but I haven't even needed to wear a jacket. It's even supposed to be 17 degrees (celsius) tomorrow. Unheard of ! I read in the paper that it's because of El Nino. I was hoping for a cold winter... well, I think all of us in Oil and Gas were. We need the cold so the ground stays frozen long enough to get some work done. Although... so many companies have cut their budget for the winter that we may not be that busy after all...

Was a bad girl last night - only had an egg white omelet for breaky and then had such a busy day between hiring a new real estate agent, running around and getting my hair done - I should say - chopped off... (somebody's scissors were sharp...) that I forgot to eat. I met a client at 4:00 p.m. and had about 4 glasses of wine between then and 9:00 and I do not remember the rest of the evening... usually I can handle more than that but I guess with an empty stomach it was just bad news for me. Good thing BF was there to take me home and save my dignity. I'm done with wine for a while - I'm sure it definitely doesn't help my waistline either...

Challez - when I went to University I was 26, but they would give me any money for the first year because they said I made too much the year prior (like 30K is too much???). Anyhow, I finally did get some loans and grants but when I changed universities, I also changed provinces and didn't get any more grants. It made it very difficult for me to stay in school because I had to work 2 jobs to afford it. When I was in the other province I was modeling and the money was easy and GOOD - I only had to work 1 day every second week or so to afford school, food, car, etc. Now, I've been paying back my d*mned student loan for 6 years so far at $300.00 a month and I'm not done paying it back for another 8 years ! It's so crazy. I borrowed about $20,000 and I end up paying back about $50,000.00 The government is screwy. There is no forgiveness for my loan because it was a federal loan. I think that if someone wants to go to school and get an education, and the prove that it's what they truly want (through good grades, etc) that the government should subsidize some of it. I couldn't even afford books my last 2 years.... Now, I have a psych degree and I'm in sales... makes sense eh?

Anyhow, I haven't been around for a while and I just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing. You girls are the greatest !
Old 10-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #8  

It's noon by my laptop's clock and I've just finished my broccoli cheese soup. That's such a good lunch on a rainy cool day. I think I'm going to do Taco Bake for dinner tonight. Tomorrow will be a crockpot dinner since I need to leave pretty early for a summer day camp director's meeting.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Barb0522 - how long has it taken you to drop the 70 pounds ? That's so awesome !!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #10  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good afternoon chicks! I'm at work counting down the minutes until I can go home. As long as the kiddos are patient enough I think I'll make the chicken enchalidinis tonight. DH didn't eat any of the chicken I cooked in the crockpot yesterday so there's lots left over to work with.

The sun's out right now and it's such a welcome sight!

Hope everyone has a good rest-of-the-day & sending ~~get well~~ vibes to Kim.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:30 PM   #11  

mgb4t - It took me about a year to lose 70 but I'm been bouncing around for quiet awhile since then. I was actually about 5 pounds lower than I am now at one point.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The sun has been in and out all day. I just came in from attempting to sweep leaves and pine needles off the Girls' deck - the leaves are frozen! I don't believe this! Anyhow, I've just had a chai, dinner is in the oven [Tex-Mex Pork Chops) and I'm going to escape by watching Dr Phil.
Closed Thread