Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Binge-free week, Oct 23rd Start

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!

Let's do it!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 395/319/185

Height: 6' 1"

I've already completely messed up, and it's only monday! NO!!!

I'm feeling kind of optimistic though. I was in the middle of a binge, two seconds from heading to the vending machine to make it much worse than it was (my calorie count for the day is still salvageable) when I decided to come here instead.

man, I love this place
Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #3  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

I thought I'd found some answers about my binge beast. I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could kill him, or subdue him, with a low carb diet. It worked amazingly well at first. I was SOOOO excited! WOOHOO *happy dance* What a GREAT feeling to actually feel "in control" of food!!!!

Then, all of a sudden, bingey reared his big ugly head again. I've been faithful to atkin's plan, only eating "acceptable" low carb foods. But I've gone WAY over board quantity-wise . Cows, chickens and pigs run in absolute TERROR when they see me! That wonderful feeling of "control" has somehow escaped me! Has anyone seen my control?!??! Please return for a reward!

I've tried to figure it out. I want to learn from my mistakes. What I've learned is that bingey is a complex, complicated, multifaceted animal. I still firmly believe that carbs (especially refined sugars, flour, wheat, etc.) REALLY excites bingey into a feeding frenzy. Abstaining from those, helps me eat in a more "reasonable" manner.....most of the time. It keeps me from being physically hungry.

The problem is that there is still "emotional" hunger. Sigh.

Ok, so the holidays are approaching AND I'm going to Las Vegas in November (land of the gourmet BUFFETS----this is like crack cocaine for bingey). So, I really need to be strong!

I refuse to give up, to let bingey win! I plan to kick some bingey-hiney!
I CAN do this and so can YOU!

Big HUGS to everybody GOOD LUCK!!!

The ONLY bingeing I plan to do is on emoticons! haha
Old 10-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #4  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by missindy View Post
I've already completely messed up, and it's only monday! NO!!!

I'm feeling kind of optimistic though. I was in the middle of a binge, two seconds from heading to the vending machine to make it much worse than it was (my calorie count for the day is still salvageable) when I decided to come here instead.

man, I love this place
YAY you!!!! WTG!!! You did NOT completely mess up! You did the right thing,,,,,,,you came here! Start over right now! Why wait for a new day or a new week??!?!? Start over with a new hour! You CAN do this! Don't listen to the evil vending machine!!! In fact, why not REFUSE to feed the machine by not bringing change with you? It only wants your money!

Keep it up! Each and every HOUR you make it binge-free will make you STRONGER!
Old 10-23-2006, 12:34 PM   #5  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Good luck, everyone! So far, today is a good day for me.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

So far so good, for me too. Last week wasn't too bad either; I stayed binge-free for six non-consecutive days, and so I'm back to Day #1 as of today. God, I hate "Day #1".

For what it's worth, Telemetrynurse, I sometimes manage to tame the "bingey animal" with a cup of herbal tea and a scented candle. Come to think of it, it's as close to romance as I can get these days, but that's a whole other break-up story.

Here's to a binge-free week!!

cheers,
elizabeth
Old 10-24-2006, 04:20 AM   #7  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everybody!

Uh, I am binge free but I am not feeling well. I have stomach problems and I am completely exhausted. On the other hand is my bad conscience which is killing me because I canīt concentrate and I canīt learn and work the way I should do. Bad luck.

Tisha___: Thatīs great! Good luck for the rest of the day!

elizabeth28: I agree, Day 1 is always...argh (Thatīs why I donīt like Mondays) The first day is tough, the second day is ok, the third day is the hardest and after that it just gets better.

missindy: You did great with stopping!! So "just" start new again!

telemetrynurse:Mmmh, on the one hand, itīs good to "see" you again, but on the other had it would be better if you would just be the thread started without having binge beast back in the house.
I had the same quantity problem as did Low-fat diet. I ate WAY to much low fat food, thatīs why I gained weight with low fat....
But that emotional hunger IS VERY,VERY POWERFUL. Since I take Metformin my physical hunger and appetite is really curbed down, but the emotional hunger is not. So I am not doing as well as I should....
The more I read, the more I think that Atkins would work for me as well. wasnīt it "designed" for insulin resistant people in the first place?? But i guess I wouldnīt survive the first two days- there are very few foods you can eat when you are a vegetarian and doing Atkins.

I hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 10-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

aaaaaaaaaaargh!! I ate about 4000 calories yesterday!!! I'm out of control.
I just want to go to bed and sleep the day away.

Congratulations to those of you who are doing so well...
Old 10-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #9  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i missedd upmy cals yesterday becaus ei had such a big loss on weigh in day, i went 80cals over (not a huge amount but still enough to suggest a slippery slope) and today i feel rubbish and bloated and horrible.
im gonna try not to re-binge this week and stick to my cals, especially on the weekend, but today is deffinetly a day wherre food could act as a real comfort to my horrible annoyed and depressed mind.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #10  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

Yesterday was not binge-free, but it was an improvement from previous days! Bingey escaped for a couple of hours but I finally caught his big, hairy hiney and threw him back into his cage! YAY! Now, today, I hope to keep him locked up ALL day! Instead of dwelling on my less than perfect day, I will be happy that it was a better day than the day before. Negativity and the "all or nothing", "totally perfect or totally failure" mentality only makes my bingey stronger.

Tisha~
I hope your day continued to go well! KUTGW!

Elizabeth~Hey there! Great name! HA! That makes 2 of us here! Congrats on your FANTASTIC success last week! WTG!!! You CAN do this! Thanks for the herbal tea advice! I gave up caffeine but may try a decaf one!

Kate~
Sorry you're not feeling well! I sent you a PM.
It is also good to "see" you again.....but I wish we could meet under better circumstances.....like a binge-slayers convention!

Ellis~ X 1,000,000
I really feel your pain....emotional AND physical..... I've also had over 4,000 cal days recently. I'm SO sorry you are going thru this! We can pull thru this!!!! My plan for today is to try to distract bingey. When I get the urge to binge, I will first walk 1/10th of a mile on my treadmill (this I can do even if my energy is not high) and drink a huge glass of water. This has helped me before. Usually I end up walking more, which makes me feel good. ^^^thinking of you and wishing you a happier day^^^

Old 10-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #11  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethetoys View Post
i missedd upmy cals yesterday becaus ei had such a big loss on weigh in day, i went 80cals over (not a huge amount but still enough to suggest a slippery slope) and today i feel rubbish and bloated and horrible.
im gonna try not to re-binge this week and stick to my cals, especially on the weekend, but today is deffinetly a day wherre food could act as a real comfort to my horrible annoyed and depressed mind.
I just realized that I missed your post, sorry!

Sorry you're feeling horribly annoyed and depressed! I KNOW those feelings....especially since TOM is here to torture me---UGH!

Please be kind to yourself! You deserve kindness. do not seek or expect perfection....you will only set yourself up for failure. You are a WINNER!
You can do this!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Elizabeth, you are just the sweetest thing. You've made me feel loads better, hon. I'm having a much better day today .. thank you so much!
You're so right... we need to focus on the positive changes we're making. Negativity just drags us down.
I'm glad you got the monster back in his cage.

Kate, I'm sorry... I'm so focused on myself that I didn't see you're not feeling well. I'm so sorry, sweetie... I hope the stomach thing goes soon... you take good care of yourself, hear me?

Yes, so thanks to Elizabeth and Jodi and a few others, I have pulled myself together, and am hanging a binge-free day.

Sending big hugs and positive vibes to everyone here...
Old 10-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

Ellis, if it makes you feel any better, I ate about 4,000 calories everyday during the latter half of August, on & off during September, and once or thrice during October. And need I mention how quickly I went from being healthy and sane at 128 lbs, to feeling stuffed and overfed at 141 lbs? (I think not.) God, this is truly a waste of time, energy and brain cells, altogether! There has GOT to be a way out. Hang in there. (The same goes for you, freethetoys. )

Elizabeth... heh, well, yes, it IS a great name. Thank God there’s room for both of us here. I love your spirit, by the way... I think I see 'smilies' everywhere now!!

Kate, I hope you’re feeling better. Get some rest, sleep, etc.-- whatever it is that you need in order to regain your strength and energy. I must add that Day #1 was very tough, indeed...

So. Here’s to Day #3.

Cheers & best wishes to all of you! (No exceptions.)
Old 10-25-2006, 12:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 395/319/185

Height: 6' 1"

ugh. kinda messed up again. It's not a binge, but I did have more calories than I meant to. Luckily, I was able to cut it down to only a little bit over.

I hope everyone else is still doing great. here's to tomorrow, another day.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #15  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

I'm happy to say that yesterday was a good day! My binge-beast stayed in his cage and slept, didn't even try to escape--WOOHOO!

Ellis~ I'm SO glad that your day was going better!!! You CAN do this!!! Wishing you strength and happiness!!!

Elizabeth~Sorry if my bingeing on 'smilies' is making you hallucinate (seeing smilies everywhere!) haha! Smilies are fat free, carb free and I over indulge! Congrats on your binge-free success! YAY you!

missindy~Congrats on stopping a binge before it could get started! Instead of thinking, "hey, I had too many calories...bleck", why not think, "YAY, I didn't binge...I am awesome!!!!"

Kate~
I hope you're feeling better! Where is Kate?!??! Sending you good vibes^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Closed Thread