Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Major emotional stress & dieting..any suggs?

hi yall..i'm going through a huge (marriage) emotional roller coaster right now..lot's of worry,stress..my stomach is in a knot,headache,and all i want to do is either sleep,or cry..i still want to not blow this weight loss plan..it's the one thing i do for myself..but i wonder if it slows the actual loss..at this point i'm trying to eat really really healthy,stay away from wine..and if i can get it up,and out..take a walk..why is it that the best time for me to go to the gym and work out is this time,but all i want to do is crawl back into bed? don't mean to be a downer on your day..but i think this might have happened to someone out there...maybe you can offer me some advice..i'm reading spiritual books,and asking for help in those ways as well. thanks for helping/listening.. focused&not as stong as i want to be.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Focused & Strong, Hang in there and know that this too shall pass!! If this plan is the one thing that you are doing for yourself you have to know that yes, you are worth it!

I think if you are feeling like you should go and workout, then do it! It will help relieve some of your stress and that is a fact. While you may feel like just getting back in the bed and doing nothing, don't allow yourself to settle for that.

Unfortunately, sometimes life just happens and there is nothing we can do to stop it. But the decisions you make in dealing with it is what will matter in the end.

So while you may feel weak, reach down deep inside and keep on fighting.
You are not alone, we are all here for you.

Ulanda
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

I know how you feel Remember, one day at a time..the rest will fall into place. Sending you some positive energy
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:54 PM   #4  
FBD/8-18-08

Focused AND STRONG!!!! - I don't know what you're going through, but I can imagine. First of all, I'm praying for you. Second, what you are feeling is REAL EMOTION!!! And it's okay for you to feel the way you do! I don't want you to feel like you're getting the "get over it" speech from me!
However, (I hope by now you know I shoot straight from the hip by now!) while it is okay to feel what you are feeling - it's what you DO with those feelings that will make a difference in your life!!!!
So - if you want to exercise - I can't think of a better way to burn off steam, stress, and yes - calories!!!
And while you are going through this tough time emotionally - remember to pamper yourself physically by sticking to a healthy eating routine! You DESERVE to be healthier, stronger, and... thinner!
It's amazing how muddled our mind becomes in the midst of depression and/or stress. Getting out of the house for a walk, a drive, a work out, anything except a hot fudge sunday, will help you take a step back, improve your focus and take a clear headed look at your situation.
Lastly, as for spiritual support - And this is where you can choose to stop reading if spiritual advise will offend you - ( was going to PM you, but it looks like you have that option turned off)
In my opinion (worth what you're paying for it!) :
1. Marriage is worth fighting to save because it is a covenant.
2. Find yourself a counselor within your faith and get spiritual strength from them. This could be a counselor, pastor/minister, spiritual advisor, someone you trust to tell you the TRUTH even if it hurts!!!! And, someone to hold you accountable!
3. Pray. I believe God is our Father, counselor, peace, safe refuge, provider, protector, strength, wisdom, healer, defender, and the closest friend you can have...
4. Do NOT do anything until you know that you know it's the right thing. Sometimes we have to WAIT on the Lord, or just BE STILL until He answers. And sometimes, it's not the answer we were looking for...
Like I said - my prayers are with you!
I here for ya if you need me -
We all are!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/232/147

Height: 5ft5"

Hi....

I have been exactly where you are at now. I have felt and done the same cried and slept...sleeping I felt was my way of escaping the pain that I was going through. It isn't an easy road but there is light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to hang in there and believe in yourself. Sleeping isn't the answer...face it head on and you will find that you will move through the stages quicker...You have to take care of yourself...right now, you come first! Keep talking as I know we will all listen. I have bent so many ears in the past and believe me without that support it would have been much harder. Don't give up on yourself...you will see life will get better. I didn't believe that for a long time and everyone used to tell me that "time" was the only thing that would heal me...I hated hearing that as at that time every hour was hard to get through but I came to learn that they were right. Don't crawl in bed get out in the sunlight...keep moving! You will see it will make you see things in a different light!

Always here to listen,

Eleanor
PureCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Your words are a blessing, Thank you!

You all are huge blessing! Thank you so much for your warmth,and understanding..and thank you too for inviting me to unload here on occasion. I am doing my best to do my best. Stress/worry/anxiety is not healthy as we all know,so I'm making an effort to put it in a box with a lid on it so i can put it away,so i won't be consumed all day/all night. I did go out and walk yesterday,and just kicked some leaves..what a beautiful time of year!..I am so glad too I have my sweet pup..the love just oozes from her,and I am gratful. All my very best friends,and family are thousands of miles away,so I'm pretty much alone with this other than emails/phone calls. The need to be touched,and hugged physically by a loved one is absent,and I miss it. I would love to find a non-denominational church that has some kind of support group,or something of that nature. I've looked,but havn't been successful. In the past if something such as this happened,I would eat..because good food taste,and FEELS good..as we all know,and I suppose that was my medicine,a pain killer,my relief. Yesterday I was 100% on program. I refuse to hurt myself in that manneragain,I just refuse. I pray to keep strength intact. take care,as I will,and from the many who read my inital post,I can tell there are probably others who might be sharing the same boat,so even if you didn't respond,I hope that this thread might help you as well..many,many hugs to all of you. Focused&STRONG~
choices is offline   Reply With Quote