Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default Sharmel

Does anyone know how Sharmel is doing? I think her last post was in Sept.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #2  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

I'm still around. It's real uncomfortable for me to sit in our office on the computer so I don't do it as often as I used to, and should. Things are progressing. I had a dr's appt on 3 Oct, and I was down to 172. He put me on stage 3 of his diet, modified of course for me... Pureed cooked veggies, fruit and ground meats. I've become intolerant to dairy, I'm unsure if it's the lactose or not (I'll buy some lactose free milk this week to see) except for yogurt, I still eat one to two of those a day. I had some Chicken breast and corn on Sunday night! That's the first REAL FOOD I've had since March. Eric and I are planning on having professional portraits done next week so I had do go and buy a couple of new blouses (size 16 not 26 anymore)... I still haven't found pants that I like (never the less know what size to wear). I also had to break down and buy a new bra. I've gone from a 46 DDD to 40 D. I'm okay with that though, some women hate that they loose their breast size, but mine were way too big to begin with. I've had some problems eating fish in the last day or two, I know I'm not getting enough protein in, but I'm trying. I have my next appt with dr on 31 Oct for follow up and prolly some blood work. I'm so weak still, I can hardly do anything!!!! I fixed Eric a sandwich the other day and almost had to take a nap afterward. But that next day I made it half way around our block (big country size blocks). Had to cut across someone's back yard and cross a water filled ditch to get to my back yard but still I made it.
Other than that things are looking up. The endoscope I had done in late Sept showed the stomach pouch to be healing well from the inside, no bulges, no fistulas (GREAT NEWS!) so maybe the revision was the answer to my problems this entire time.
TTFN & Hugs to all,
Sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #3  

It is so good to hear that things are going well for you. Don't worry about the fatigue........it just takes time and sometimes a lot of time. I haven't had weight loss surgery but was really sick last year and it took a long time to improve. Thanks so for keeping us posted.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Glad to hear from you and glad everything is going well!
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:26 PM   #5  

Sharmel thanks for the update.. I am happy to hear that things are getting better.. Slow but steady.. As long as you're getting there..

D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote