Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #1  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Another little NSV

I've always been a Starbucks/Peet's addict. Big time. There have been times when I've gone daily, or more than once per day. All those super-sweet, high-cal drinks add up though, so one of the first things I did as part of my weight-loss journey was to cut down to one per week. I save it for either Saturday or Sunday morning, when I can get my drink and walk around downtown while I savor it.

This weekend, I didn't have time either day to go get my coffee - there was a protest Saturday and I was on the phone all day Sunday. So this morning, I thought "I didn't get my weekend coffee, I could get it this morning..." and then I realized that, while it might be nice, it just wasn't that important.

What a step! It just wasn't important. That's coming so far for me, a lifelong sugar and coffee addict. I'm proud of myself.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Way to go!!! That is a HUGE deal! I love it when I have moments like that! Keep up the good work!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7''

Thats great - small steps and decisions will make all the difference. Well done on your 6lb loss so far too!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #4  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

That's a huge deal! I'm a soda and fast food addict. I've recently started to have the same sort of realizations. I put it off yesterday, I can put it off today, it will still be there, I don't NEED it. After a few days of doing this, it's half a week, then a whole week without soda or fast food!

hooray!
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote