General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default In home parties

I always grooooan when I get all these invites to all these parties, but some of them I really like. Don't you just have that one friend who has some silly in home thing like once a month or so!? But I love the girls night out atmosphere, the chick food, the giggles, the fun. So which parties do you guys like the most?

I just went to a Tastefully Simple party and thought it was so nice! (they make dips, breads, soups, that kind of thing) Ended up buying about $30 in stuff. Couple weeks ago, went to a Pure Romance party, sex toys, etc, went with a FUN and raunchy group of friends and thought it was hilarious! (won't tell ya how much I spent at THAT one!) I also like anything that involves CANDLES, I love scented candles, esp fall scents, pumpkins, spices, cinnamon, apples, etc. but I find that PartyLite can be a little costly. I've been to scrapbooking parties and Pampered Chef...Of course alot of the foods are not exactly diet friendly~! But ah well...!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I love to cook, and always enjoy Pampered Chef parties. If I was rich I'd own every one of their gadgets, LOL!

My favorites are Stampin' Up parties, called Stampin' Up Stamp Camps. You actually get to make several projects (greeting cards, etc) and take them home. Lots of fun!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

For the most part, I'm opposed to inviting friends into my home for a high-pressure sales event, and I have a policy of not going to any of those parties.

I do think that the Pure Romance s3x-toy parties are a GREAT idea, because it's bringing the kink out to the suburbs without requiring women to go to a seedy part of town and dealing with creepy-crawly people. I'm fortunate to have a s3x shop geared towards women in my city - no gross people in there, and they serve tea and cookies.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I like going to some of the parties. I dislike the CandleLite (name?) parties because the products are SO expensive. I love CAbi parties (went to one a few weeks ago). Arbonne parties are interesting. Most of the parties I go to have the good and bad foods--veggies and dip (good) and cheese and crackers and sweets (bad) and wine (good and bad!!!). So you pass up on the bad stuff, have a little of the good stuff and have a good time.
What I don't like is when a friend always invites you to HER parties, but when you invite her to yours, she turns you down. What's up with that? Don't you understand reciprocation? I don't expect her to buy anything--just show up for goodness sake!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I personally like the "romance" parties as well...I have been to a few of them-one of the company names was Fantasy Lady, I believe. Fun times.

I don't care for the traditional Home Interior (my taste is too eclectic/mod) and everything seems to be too "normal" to be put in my house.
I am the same way with Party Lite...I have a loyalty to Yankee Candles for some reason...

I AM a sucker for a good Tupperware party, though. Love some Tupperware...just wish it wasn't so freaking expensive.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I personally don't like in-home parties and I'd avoid them if possible. I went to a "romance" party once although I got harrassed for not buying anything. I told the person throwing it that I wouldn't buy anything before I went so I don't know why she was surprised
Old 10-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #7  
hara hachi bu

I don't remember the name of this particular s3x-toy home-sales company off-hand, but I boycotted purchasing anything from them because they sold an obese blow-up doll as a gag gift! I was really offended ... like we have enough body issues to worry about! I wrote them a tactful letter and never heard back from them.

Aphil, I'm right with ya - Home Interiors is a creativity wasteland! Why put that up when you can purchase an original painting from an artist at an art fair, for half the price?

I used to love candles, but I don't purchase them anymore. I always seem to end up with a handful anyway, and I got rid of them all when I went through a de-cluttering phase a year or two ago.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I had a friend who had some kind of party once a month, if it wasn't her it was one of her SIL'S...too much fun. Haven't been to a lot of parties since but I do enjoy them and would love the invites. I went to a Naughty party once (actually more than once), that's what they called it, and the SIL of my friend decided to make it fun and had a male stripper there. OMG! Best party I ever went to! I love Tupperware parties, always use the stuff. Went to a Two Sisters party recently, cooked and ate. While it was an okay time, I am not one for going to cooking parties just to order food. Same lady had a Party Lite party and this was the first time I had ever heard of them (out of the party loop for a while, lol). I ordered a few things, yes costly. I did not like their candles at all! I bought a few and gave them to DD because they had no smell when I burned them. Besides I too am a yankee candle fan and will stick with them from now on. But one of the things I bought, a candle holder, I saw the same thing at Pier 1 and somewhere else for a lot less than what I paid. I would probably go again but not buy the candles.
Closed Thread