Old 10-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #1  
Moockie

S/C/G: 135

Height: 5'0

Default Hey fab 30's gals!

Hey all!
I am new...from Ohio, 32. I want to make a goal for Halloween, but am not sure what would be reasonable...10lbs? anyway, wanted to say hi and glad to be here. I am so ready to make a change. I don't fit into over 1/2 my clothes anymore and the rest are completely uncomfortable. I just have to work on staying motivated - I get bored easily and am very impatient. Plus I LOVE to bake and cook yummy comfort food. It's like therapy to me, and it feels so good to give my family homemade meals and goodies. The problem is, then I want to eat it too. I guess I'll just have to learn to use better for you ingredients and get into a more healthful way of cooking. I also thought of trying the "diet plate".?? We'll see.

As far as working out, I seem to find something better to do a lot of the time. So my goal starting this week is to make working out my 1st priority, no matter what else is going on.

So that's my story (for now). Thanks for listening and any advice would be spectacular
moockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #2  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Hello there. We are the same height. How cool.

I lose an average of 1/2 lb to a pound a week. I have been on a better living and weight loss quest for almost a year. October 10th will be my 1 year anniversary. I started working out on December 29th of last year, so I've been working out consistantly for almost a year as well. Slow is good. I would set a goal of 5 lbs to lose by halloween. That is more realistic. Don't give up your comfort foods and baked goods. Just eat them less frequently or healthier. What is your work out routine like? How often, what are you doing, etc.... How many calories are you consuming to try to lose this weight?

Best of luck to you and welcome. Wow would I love to be 133 right now.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Moockie!! A healthy goal would be no more than 2 lbs. a week, but if you're just starting out, you could have a bigger loss the first week.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #4  
Moockie

S/C/G: 135

Height: 5'0

Red face Thanks ladies!

Hey Lauren and Libby!
Yea, I guess maybe the 1st goal is a bit ambitious. If I lost 2lbs a week, that would be 6 by HWeen. So I guess I'll have to work extra hard to get that 4 lbs in. But I would be right on track then for my TGiving goal and XMas goal! The thing is I've heard the less you have to lose the harder it is???

I am trying to consume around 1200 or so cals (no less) and am doing 30/60 min cardio 5x's/wk and strength training 3-5x's/wk. I have a really really small frame. So even at 135 I have a spare tire ALL THE WAY AROUND the top 'o my jeans, LOL! I used to look really good (and healthy) at 105, but at my age that may be different now. If I hit 115 or 110 and look and feel the way I want then that will be good enough. I'll just have to see how it goes.

I'm really hoping that with the help of all of you I am for once able to stay on track! Thank you for the advice and hello's!
moockie is offline   Reply With Quote