The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default The Biggest Loser: 10/4 Show

omg! What is wrong with the girls on the red team! I understand being friends and what not but to go as far as calling Ken a ******* for voting for Pam.... that was totally uncalled for. I'm very surprised that the blue team voted off Nelson. I think that's going to be a big hit for the red team unless Ken can lose a lot of weight each week.

I still think Bob is my favorite out of the 2 trainers. Watching it on tv it seems like he doesn't make it so much like a forced thing or that he's screaming at them for success.... he's just calm and more laid back I think.

I can't decide who's my favorite yet.... I like a few from each team. Hope everyone has a safe night and enjoyed the show.

Go Blue Team!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

ooo i was shocked when kai said that! omg .. was like wow .. harsh!!! I don't kno how that team is goin to work together after all the things laid out tonite .. as far as them voting ken off in the tie .. it makes sense ..wasn't personal .. just they saw him as a threat .. and thats how they should make decisions .. if i had to choose someone on my team i guess it would be the one that wasn't pullin their weight .. was always complaining .. not trying .. its gonna get harder as it goes tho to pick one! hate to be them!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Tonight was my first night watching the show...FUN!

It kind of got to me when the team that lost the challenge had to say goodbye to their family members while the other team got to spend the evening with theirs...even my DH said, WTH? How cruel! LOL but its not like these people are gone for SO long, and what they are out there to do is the oppurtunity of a LIFETIME! So, ya can't feel TOO bad for them can you? And look what happened at WI when the blue team got those extra workouts in?!

So I get now that the elimination part can get pretty snarky, but I LOVED that the 3rd guy on the guys side DIDN'T vote for Wiley after the girls tried to trick him into that side action! I thought for sure he was going to "get in on it"...and was disappointed when Nelson had to go...But it looks like he'll do well on his own at home.

I enjoyed the show, what I caught of it, I adore Caroline Rhea, and I'll probably try to catch the future eps too.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

I hate that about these games. The alliances that people start are just plain crap. The person that has lost the least and that has not contributed to the teams weight loss should be the one to go home.At least, if they go by voting off the one who has lost the least, that person knows when it is their time to go. It makes the elimaination process so much easier. Leave it to the women to make it personal and sneaky. This happens all the time on the MTV reality shows. THe women bring too much drama to the table and they are the ones that end up losing.

I am beginning to dislike the red team more and more. The women on this team are coming off as too artificial (in my opinion, anyways). I love how the blue team is more united and there is way less drama.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #5  
Fat-be-gone

I can't believe they almost voted Wylie off. He has been the biggest loser for the red team so far. The red team doesn't know about tactics. They should keep their biggest losers on the team, so there won't be a chance that they go home. And when it comes close to the end, then they are supposed to start eliminating those who are a big threat to themselves. And that ladies and gentleman, is how you play the game.

Pam should of been the one to go home last night
Old 10-05-2006, 09:29 AM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I don't remember any type of sneaky alliances of past shows...but you're right Rosario, it should be least amount of weight lost and the least amount of contribution to the team. I was very shocked about Kai's language also. Wouldn't it have shook things up if the blue team voted one of the girls off?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:52 AM   #7  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

It seems to me that each season the contestents look at it more of a "Survivor" type game where than can win money than an opportunity to lose weight and get healthy. The girl on the red team said it "I'm here to win the game".

Maybe they wouldn't act like such jerks and would work harder to lose the weight and take it more seriously if the people who watched the show got to vote them off like on American Idol.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #8  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I think having the public vote on it would make it even MORE a popularity contest! But maybe it would shake things up, you can see from the beach, Kim and the cruise that they're looking to change things up some.
Seems like the dream of a lifetime to go away for 100 days someplace nice to just focus on weight loss, but I don't know if I could do it.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:36 AM   #9  
Determined

For some reason, I really, really dislike Heather. I will be happy to see her go. Other than her, I was really liking all members of both teams until I watched this weeks episode. (I tivo'd and just got around to watching it.) Not only did the red team seemingly have no strategy other than to vote a guy off, but the girl's were downright *****y about it. I understand it's a game. However, at some point you have to at least support others who are trying to lose weight a little bit, knowing how hard it is. So, go blue!!
Old 10-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

UGH, I was so annoyed to see Heather have immunity. Did you guys see on the ship when she was returning to the deck and she just screamed at these 2 innocent passengers "GET OUT OF THE WAY. Emergency." No apology, no excuse me, nothing. She is such a crude pig. Hate that my virtual team is the same color!!!! She's got to go soon because she does nothing for the class of the other 2 women but drag them down.

Personally, I am cheering for the blue team, Bob's just more my style. Plus my home state of MD is on that team.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #11  

I have been a blue team fan since Season One. I think this is the season for Bob. Didn't a blue team win one of the "special shows"? I can't remember but it is time for Bob to have a Biggest Loser. It's something about those red teams. I am on the red team for our challenge but personally I LOVE the blue team for the show. Don't even get me started on Kim.....!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/173/115

Height: 5'2"

oh! i totally agree about that heather chick! i was quite distraugh that she had immunity, i so wanted to see her go!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:00 AM   #13  
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbabe View Post
She is such a crude pig.
This made me laugh out loud. Like a really loud, kind of gross sounding laugh. Hope no one heard me. I agree with you. You learn so much about people when you see them under stress, and she was a brat to everyone she encountered on that ship during the challenge. She was like that to that first female voted off the red team too. She is a jerk.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:29 PM   #14  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydaisy View Post
This made me laugh out loud. Like a really loud, kind of gross sounding laugh. Hope no one heard me. I agree with you. You learn so much about people when you see them under stress, and she was a brat to everyone she encountered on that ship during the challenge. She was like that to that first female voted off the red team too. She is a jerk.
I agree with you. I couldn't believe she lashed out at Jennifer (?) especially since JHennifer's weight counted for the other team.

I can't wait to see her go home.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #15  
searching 4 the real me

I too was surprised at that one girl lashing out on Ken about voting for Pam. I was like, WOW!! I think weight wise, both teams are doing great however the blue team ( in my opinion) are an overall better team. They just seem to get along so much better. The red team seems to bicker and just whine at times. But no matter what.... I love watching this show.