General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 04:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/229/150

Height: 5ft7

Default Girl Gamers

Hiya,

Anybody here into playstation 2 or psp? I'm really into my games and it'd be great to be able to chat about what I'm playing through here.

I'm looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe on ps2, it comes out in USA in three weeks and I'll be importing a copy for myself, looks like a fun and invloving game.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #2  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi Neleh:

I'm a Nintendo DS person. But all I play is Animal Crossing and Tetris. My husband, on the other hand, has a PS2, XBox, XBox 360, PSP, Gamecube, and we have FOUR DSs in the house and THREE Animal Crossing games so we can all have our own worlds and visit each other and steal fruit, etc.

Mostly, I watch my husband play his games while I crochet in my recliner. My son plays all things Mario and daughter LOVES Kingdom Hearts 2. My son plays video games way more than I'm comfortable with. He's only 5, but is REALLY good at it. My husband taught him Destroy All Humans and now it's a banned game in our home (by ME...it's so gross...but it IS funny if an adult is playing it...I just don't like watching my sweet little boy chasing down people to extract their brains...just doesn't work for me), so now they play it when I'm not home.

The one venue we DON'T like are the WW2 and Vietnam reenactment things. I mean, who wants to relive THAT? Oh, and my son AND my husband both love the LEGGOS Star Wars games. Very cute...especially when the LEGGO Princess Leah is always slapping people across the face

My daughter and husband tried the Final Fantasy games, but they didn't like them like the Kingdom Hearts games.

Oh...the one game I became addicted to was Paper Mario. Don't know why...it was just one of those things I couldn't put it down. I hear a new one is coming out soon.

I can't wait for Christmas...we always get a huge load of new games and we sit around amongst the wrappings eating Christmas food and playing the games. I'm always trying to get board games (you know...the things people played BEFORE video games) to play with the kids while the other one is hogging the TV. But with so many multiple player games, like Mario Party, we all plug in our own controllers and have a blast.

What are your favorite games?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Techwife- My little brother will be getting a PS2 for his 10th birthday and I've been instructed to get him a game. This infuriates me because I was never allowed to have a game console when I was younger , but whatever. I'm glad you brought up the Star Wars Leggo game because he is a huge fan of both (especially Leggos). Do you think it's too young for a 10 year old?

I myself have a Gamecube and can get sucked into Sims2. I wish they would come out with more.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #4  

Star Wars Leggos would be GREAT for a ten year old! My husband plays it constantly and he's 45! I always hear him laughing out loud and its just challenging enough to make it...well...chanllenging, but not so much so that you say, "Oh, forget it". My husband also loves the Rachet and Clank games. They are very popular with the younger kids, too.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #5  

Yay, other gamers!

My favorite games have to be the final fantasy games, I started on 10 and worked backwards, I'm playing through 8 again at the moment. I also live the kingdom hearts series, I beat them both, and my husband is playing through my copy of KH2 at the moment so I can't get my hands on it to play it again.

I know what you mean about Christmas, my husband and I always buy each other games at that time, we both have uk and us ps2s and psps, we did have a 360 each but didnt really like it, and I used to have a ds but to be honest I didnt really like it that much although I have considered getting one again recently.

I know what you mean about war games, I'm not really into them, although I do like shooters if there not war ones, the one exception is Battlefield 2, I love that and can't get enough of it.

So, really rpgs are my think, final fantasy, kingdom hearts etc, can't wait for ffxii, I think my husband is importing it for my Birthday for me, yay!! Oh and Lego Star Wars looks very good, I'm waiting for the psp version though, me and Chris are going to play it through co-operativly hehe, lots of fun.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:09 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Techwife- Thanks so much! That makes shopping for a ten year old boy so much easier!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

The only games I play are Poker and a few small games at Pogo.com, and I play Diablo. Ummm, make that PLAYED Diablo. With a baby in tow, I'd forgotten all about Diablo for so long that my Level 75 Necro expired.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #8  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

i only dabbled with video games, until i met my husband...

i had a PS2, and he had a Gamecube. then we got married, and decided that we needed an xBox, a Gameboy Advance SP, and a DS. and we still invest in the occasional computer game (Guild Wars: Factions is the current game in progress). so we're very much a gaming household...

we even used video game music in our wedding! No joke!

my favorite games would have to be Katamari Damacy, and We Love Katamari. they're just so absurdly silly! and i appreciate that they aren't gross or violent. i mean, i don't have anything against video game violence to some extent, but sometimes it gets old. it's nice to have something silly and just plain fun.

besides, i've got such a short attention span... it's very rare that i actually finish a long drawn-out game. i love the Final Fantasy series, but they take me FOREVER - i've had FFX since a month or so after it came out, and i STILL haven't beaten it. oops! same, with Fable... love it, but still haven't finished it. that's okay, though... i sit by and watch my hubby beat the games, so i still get to see all the cool cinematics.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:57 AM   #9  

Oh We Love Katamari is a great game, and the PSP version is amazing too, gives me a headache after I play it for too long though hehe
Old 10-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #10  

What is We Love Katamari? Is that the game where you roll the big collection of stuff around town?

My husband got a game called Conker that we thought we'd love with teddy bears fighting against squirrels...but it was really kinda gross...just for the sake of being gross...which defeats the point of playing with teddy bears and squirrels, in our opinion.

Do you guys ever play Brain Age or the like?
Old 10-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #11  

Yes Katamari is the role up stuff game, its fun with lots of crazy music. What's Brain Age, I haven't come across it?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:21 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

have no idea what you gals are talking about...but I would love to get my hands on a "pong" game..........
Old 10-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #13  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking

techwife: Katamari Damacy is the first game of rolling up stuff... We Love Katamari is the sequel to it. both are totally fun, although personally, i think the second game is a little easier. yes, i've played Brain Age, and Big Brain Academy... it's been a while, though. as for Conker, i haven't played it, but i saw bits and pieces of Conker's Bad Fur Day, and all i can say is, "EEEEEEW!" nasty stuff.

Neleh: i haven't played the PSP version... for what it is, i'm not willing to spend the money on a PSP.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Anyone play MMRPG's??? We've been playing Ultima Online for um...7yrs on and off. Sadly, we have 4 accounts running at the moment. Our 2 older kids play as well, although not as much as we do. Well, I'm not into it right now, I get burnt out on it at times.

My son has a PS2, getting an XBOX 360 for Christmas (I think) and we're crossing our fingers on getting one of the PS3's as soon as they come out! If we can get one before Christmas, I think the 360 will have to wait till his bday or something like that.

Kim
Old 10-06-2006, 07:12 AM   #15  

I used to play ffxi which is a MMORPG, I got my character to the level cap (75) and got bored and quit, I'm looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe which comes out on ps2, 360 and pc pretty soon, its known as a MORPG, multiplayer but not massivly. Looks great. I love it when me and my husband get to play through MMORPGs together, its such a fun way to spend time with each other
Closed Thread