Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Trying to get back on plan! This time for GOOD!!

Hello! I need to re-dedicate myself to doing WW at home. I always start out with the best intentions, but just seem to lose motivation and get lazy! Slowly, I will stop making meal plans ahead, then I am slacking on writing down what I eat and eventually I just end up not following anything but the "path" to the fridge.

Starting right now I am getting back on the WW wagon, again~but this time HAS to be different. I am going to start right now by making my meal plan for dinners this week. ( Breakfast and lunch are usually the easy meals for me to stay on plan.)

I have been in the WW at home forum before, so If you all will have me back, I would like to join back in with the weigh in thread too.

Thanks and I'll be checking in again tomorrow to let you know how it's going.
Darcy
Old 10-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Darcy, welcome back!! We all fall off, or will fall off, the plan at one time or another. That's why we're here, to boost each other back up! Welcome home!!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #3  

Thank you for the warm welcome back, Kelly.

I have done well so far today and not without temptation. I got to school ( I work as a substitute there) and there sat a great big bowl of candy bars. Somehow I mustered the strength to avoid it. It is SOOOO hard, I am such a sweet addict!!

How long have you been doing WW? Have you always done it at home or have you tried the meetings?

I have tried the meetings and was somewhat successful, but did not find the leader to be very motivational. I hear there is a new lady running things, but not sure if I want to spend the money to join again.

Darcy
Old 10-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #4  
PattyJep

Default Getting Back On Track It Has Been Soooo Long!!

HI DARCY & KELLY,
I am trying to get back the motivation to rejoin WW's. Could either of you give me some tips? I would like to go on program at home . Any suggestions? Please Help Me!!!!! Patty
Old 10-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #5  

Patty~I don't know about you, but it is almost like I NEED to be held accountable to someone. I always did better when I went to meetings because I knew that someone else was going to be seeing the number on the scale and possibly looking at my food journal (if I gained and did not know why) . I am too easy on myself, letting my eating "slide" a little when I do WW at home, because who's gonna know?? (besides me)

Writing everything down does help, because when you look at the list of things eaten, it makes you slow down before going for the next thing. I know WW works, I lost 40+lbs on it 2 years ago, but then I quit following plan and have been stuck at this same weight, going up a few then back down quite a few times.

I know that if I can stay committed, it will work....I just seem to be lacking the staying power. I do need to find someone besides myself that I share info with so that I sort of *shame* myself into staying away from the things that I should not be having. I could use a now and then. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I am doing this for ME, but I keep lying to myself~I cannot lie to others....I know, sounds crazy, but that's just how I am.

Darcy
Old 10-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #6  
Lasttimetrying?

S/C/G: 290/260/150

Height: 5ft 9in

Hi. I am doing WW at home ( I just monitor myself..can't afford the meetings) and thought this might be just as good if not better to get myself motivated and to work hard. I have very little willpower...it took me 20 years to quit smoking, and when I did, gained a lot of weight, then just had a baby in July. I have found that I start the week off really well, but then I end up doing so badly by the middle to end of the week...and it's hard to eat a certain way when your very thin hubby and two other children don't need to lose weight. I also have found that with a new baby, I want to work out, but end up being so exhausted by the end of the day that all I want is to sleep for 2 hours before the baby gets up again. So I hope that you all can help me with the motivation and support I need, and at the same time I will do all I can to motivate and help you.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #7  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back to re-dedication! The best thing you can do for yourself is to stick to it, no matter what! Falling OP isn't going to do anything except upset yourself. I know, I've been there!

You sound like you're completely motivated about it. Stick to it, and you'll be where you want to be!

Good luck to you, and we are here for support!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/127/105

Height: 5 ft.

Congrats on rededicating yourselves to WW, I'm trying to get my weight loss back in gear after a month of overeating. I just joined this website for additional support and its comforting to find others with the same weight loss struggles as you on the WW at home plan. I look forward to meeting you all!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #9  

Hello!

Mysweetieshoney~I know all too well what you mean about being too tired. It is very hard to get started, but believe it or not, you really will have more energy and feel better when you do start to exercise. Just start out with 10 minutes, you can build on that. Everytime I want to skip a workout, I say "OK, 20 minutes and then if I really want to, I can stop." I never do stop though, I always continue on and finish it (45 minutes) because I feel better while I am doing it and know that I will have more energy throughout the day. I hope that I have helped.

Pgray~You are SOOOOO right, falling off only makes me angry at myself, all the more reason to stick with this and make goal!

Aurelie~You have definately come to the right site for support, everyone here has been encouraging and helpful! Good luck with your goal!

Darcy
Closed Thread