Old 10-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #1  
Transformation

S/C/G: 183/154/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Why is my wt bouncing around so much?

I have been doing a carb cycling LC diet. I have a carb up once a week. My wt was going down pretty linearly. I started getting carried away. So no carbup, I'm feeling annoyed because my wt is all over the place and I'm keeping my carbs lower then usual and I'm consistantly LC.

Its taken me forever to adjust to LC and not crave my old foods all the time. But now I'm afraid maybe I have to do carb cycling for some reason.

Is there any reason I should feel so insecure about LC? I just feel so bloated tonight. I drank a lot of diet coke- hadn't had any all week. Does that make you bloat. I'm afraid to weigh tomorrow. I didn't change my wt this week because it went from 159.5- 153.5. I did have my period this week too.

I did start doing a lot of exercising. I put some tomato in my beef casserole.

I need some reassurance that there's some reason for this wt bouncing.
nawchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #2  
Transformation

My wt is up 2.5lbs today. I'm not the water retaining type. I have drink salt water I get too dehydrated.

I tried doing atkins for a year but I never lost any wt doing that. All my wt loss is from carbups.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My weight bounces around too. I have lost all my weight by staying LC. Diet soda does cause me to gain, while water and sugar free crystal light don't. I think it's totally normal for our weight to fluctuate. I can be up as much as 4 lbs. and back in goal range the very next day. For instance Friday morning I was up to 146 and very unhappy that I was above my goal. This morning, I am at 140 after a weekend of eating perfectly on program, getting exercise and plenty of water to drink . I know that on Thursday we had dined out and my food tasted very salty and I shared a dessert with my DH, even with that we left part of the dessert on the plate. I just couldn't understand why it caused such a gain, but it did.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #4  
Transformation

thanks lilybelle. I know I'm being irrational to think my wt is going to go down everyday I stick to my plan, I can't seem to help myself. Maybe its something about LC that makes our water wt fluctuate more. This afternoon at the dr, fully dressed I weighed what I weighed this morning. I came home and weighed and my wt dropped back down. I did eat salmon on sat and sun and I didn't eat my usual big salad had veges instead and I had 4 diet cokes. I never knew I was so sensitive-body and mind.

You've done so great! How did stay so consistant on your plan (I figure you did to lose so much wt)?
Old 10-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #5  
lilybelle

Thank you, what i have done is if I do eat something off plan, is chalk it up to "that's life" and get right back on plan with the very next meal. I have had a dessert or such about 5 times in the past 15 months that wasn't on plan, but never cheat with my regular meals. I pretty much have given up on bread, only 1 or 2 LC slices per month. I currently have an injury to my left ankle which has slowed my exercise considerably, but prior to this, I walked 30 min's to an hr. at least 6 days a week . I have tried many other ways to lose weight, but nothing ever had worked as well for me as Atkins does. I feel less deprived and therefore much more willing to stick to my plan. I don't feel hungry and If I do, I eat something high protein.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #6  
Transformation

Wow you're really a big inspiration! Before LC and losing a little wt I had lowblood sugar all the time, I even had to get up at night and eat. I recently realized that its gone, and so is my chronic back pain. Why would I ever quit?

I hope your ankle heals up good as new!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #7  
lilybelle

I used to have a horrible time with my blood sugar bottoming out. I had an insulin level drawn and my level was 10 x too high. This was after passing out on several occasions. I take glucophage now and don't have any problem with it. I am very glad, it's very embarassing to pass out at walmart and them to call an ambulance. First hand experience, there.
I'm hoping my ankle will heal soon, but nerve damage is slow to repair. It is starting to get better now, as I can wiggle my toes just a little and couldn't before. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #8  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Lillybelle you always are an inspiration!!!!! I look at your photos everyday!!!!

I have a question for you that kinda would halve to do with this topic.... is there a chance that My weight loss will just stop after everything I have been doing ...I am doing everything right and right now my weight loss is still contunial , im eating salads everyday and measuring what i put into it and entering it on fitday and I am constantly under 20 carbs. I prob. have a glass of soda once a week, If I keep that up Iw ont just stop losing weight right? Im asking you being that you have acheived with flying colors what I hope to god to do and I dont want to have it stall, I want it to contuie..
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 AM   #9  
lilybelle

vouge, there is no reason for your wt. loss to stop. You are doing everything right and should continue to lose. I did have times that mine stalled for 3 weeks or so each time after losing about 30 lbs. and this is normal. Then, it would start dropping again. Just be prepared to do it for the long haul and it will work. Even at maintenance level now , I can buckle down and take a few more lbs. off. Thanks so much for the compliments. I hate to admit this to anyone, but I pull my pic's up sometimes just to keep me motivated and see that I never want to look like my before pic again. Not sure if anyone else on maintenance does this or not but I do.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:16 AM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Lilybelle,

You aren't the only one that looks at their old photo's, I do the same thing!!

Losing the weight is only the first part of the journey, keeping it off is an ongoing committment. I don't ever want to go back to where I came from either!!!

All the best to everyone!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #11  

If you're weighing everyday try only doing it once/week. My weight fluctuates as much as 3-4 pounds between one day and the next.

Good luck
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #12  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Thanks Lil!
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:31 AM   #13  
lilybelle

Kim, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that goes back and looks at their pic's for motivation. I thought it was a little vain, but knew that looking at them shows me where I don't want to be again. Maintenance is absolutely as hard as losing the wt. if not harder and I've only been maintaining for 3 months today. I am totally 100% committed to this woe for life.

vouge, You are welcome. Keep up the great work.