Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default ***Week of October 1st Thread***

Good Morning!!!!
Well..back after 2 weeks--gained 1/2 lb but not too bad for vacationing...K loved Disney but I think it was way too much for the first visit..I figured out quickly--go from 8-12--nap--swim at the hotel and then go back at 5-ish..If not, She gave me the tantrum from he$$ and it was not pretty...She loved the beach at Daytona..Now I am back home with MIL dictating so must stay calm until she leaves on Tuesday...
Hope all is well....
RR
Old 10-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **30-Something's Week of 10/1**

Good Morning and Happy Sunday All!!

I woke up to pouring and it's still raining, but for some reason I'm feeling good today. OK, maybe it was the ibuprofen and Zyrtec I popped at 6:00 when I realized the boys weren't going back to sleep, but hey, whatever works!!

I joined a gym that I used to go to years ago that has a pool!! They were having a special, first 3 months for 129. I thought it was just 3 months, but it's first 3, then 65/mo. after that. I can't justify that much money right now, so I have to give them 2 months notice to leave. So I'll probably give them notice in December and just pay the 65. for Jan/Feb. Hopefully I can get some serious workout time in between now and then. I'm going to try and go 3x a week, depending on DH's schedule/attitude.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies!

Welcome back RR!! You have been missed! Glad to hear vacation was nice, good luck with MIL.

Lauren~sounds like a good deal on the gym!

Well, I had this post all ready for last weeks thread and just as I clicked to post, the thread closed, so I lost it. OH well, such is life.

My soccer team won yesterday's game!! They were so excited because that team was all 2nd graders and our 1 little 2nd grader did not make it to the game. The kids had pictures yesterday, so the other team had to rush off right after the game. My kids were saying (after the other kids left) "We beat the 2nd graders! We're only in 1st grade and we beat the 2nd graders!" I reminded them that they have to be good sports whether they win or lose, but I have a feeling that the 2nd graders will be hearing it on the bus and at school on Monday.

Well, I need to go do something productive, so I will chat with you all again soon.
Darcy
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hi ladies

the scale has been good to me today. Yesterday I thought I was gonna lose it...i was starving at my lunchtime and had 4 small mini candies and only went home and ate about 200 cals (i wasn't sure how many cals were in the candy so it could've been less than 200 cals for all 4 pieces) so Im very proud of myself.

I bought The Bean last night and some new walking shoes at Big 5. Gonna put them to good use later today...gonna go shopping for groceries with my friend who's doin the curves diet. It's always good to have a buddy to keep you accountable

Just talked to hubby today (relief relief relief) and he says he's been walking everywhere and eating less. He lowered his cals and well exercise.......he's walking everywhere....so that's a good thing.

Hope you're having a good scale day talk to you all later
Old 10-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #5  
Princess Pudge

S/C/G: 100kg/100kg/65kg

Height: 5'6"

*pinch and a punch for the first of your month* NO RETURNS :P

it's the second here for us now .. and omg, how close to xmas are we now! thank goodness i've finished all the xmas shopping, now to get the laybys off :|

how is everyone doing? *hugs* for all. i'm doing ok. had a bad weekend tho. i am in the beginnings of pms, and unfortunately will only get worse over this week and into next before i actually get them .. which means i eat for cravings and comfort, pity and woe this is my month to work on that tho.

my kids are on their last week of school hols (thank god!) and the weather is yummy. i dont have much planned this week, just going to try to start getting active and look to ordering some books ..

going to the drs this week to talk about diabetes with him and to have a serious talk about where i'm at etc .. he's a good man with his head on straight so i know he'll help.

anyhow, have a great day my friends
Old 10-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #6  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Ok, people. Hang on to your seats. Friday, I weighed........................................... .....152.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!!!! That was like 5 lbs different from last week (I admit, I skipped supper before the weigh in) It was worth it.

I have had a very busy week, and have had no chance to post. I am headed into another very busy week, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #7  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Alright, so I didn't finish. Call a cop. Its been a collective 31 hours of work so far so I'm thinkin' another 16 oughta do it. I hope some of you are familiar with the characters...(I wasn't!!) I'm gonna post again so's I can chat. I don't wanna take a whole page with one post!!

Old 10-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #8  

It's meeeee again!
I was gone all weekend again so I have some catching up to do. I went to bed at 8:30pm last night so I was up at 5 am. I was sooooo BEAT! It went really well. Looks like the job is gonna be around $2k. Not too shabby. Hopefully I will drum up more business and get a schedule goin'. I would sooo love a consistent income doing this. My cousin wants to help me with prep. and bulk work. That'll make it go faster. I missed my baby though!! DH loves his alone time with him. Its so sweet. DS#1 is one big rash (allergies) and he's pulled a SOMETHING in his leg playing football. I'm taking him to the Dr. a lil later.
Babybelly~ $50!!! Geez. Is it a jogging stroller? Cuz I'm gonna have to hurt ya if it is.... ( I paid a bunch for a SINGLE!)
Holy~ Promises to your dog....Is he a real pain holdin' you to it? lol
Karen~ LoVED the pic. So stinkin' cute! She's smirkin' like "yeah I'm sittin' up palyin' with my big brother."
RR~ Nice to see ya stranger! MIL in the house, Super YUK. Did you go to Disney in Fl. or Ca??
Lauren~ Zyrtec knocks me on my fanny. Like Drooling sleepy. How do you do it. Why are the Gyms so spendy there??? Here they are as low as $19 a month.
Darcy~ Yay 1st graders!!! You such the Soccer Mom!!
Spanks~ Your a poet and didn't know it!!! " *pinch and a punch for the first of your month*" and "pity and woe this is my month to work on that tho.
"
must be an English thing. (You ARE English aren't ya??)
Old 10-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #9  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

AWWWWWWSOOOOOMMEEEEE Stevi!!!!! WHOOO HOO TO YOU )
My little girl said, "The Grumpy Old Troll" ) You don't know the characters now, but you will. Give it another 6 months, or a year. You'll know all the theme songs too lol.

How do you find work doing the muruals?? I've only painted on our own walls lol. Not on this house though, I'tll be fun. My little girl just loves dora, but Its not my fav. I would rather paint My little pony or strawberry short cake. ( A little throw back from my child hood)

If I want to draw a character. i have to get out the old sharpies. and doodle them over and over till I get it right. Do you just look at them once, and you got it? Well, you did an awsome job!! The charaters are right on!!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #10  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

where'd that blushing smiley come from
Old 10-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hello!!

Stevi~I am SOOO impressed!!! You have an amazing talent! I cannot believe you could capture the characters so well, especially since you were not familiar with them. Unbelievable!!

Christie~Congrats on the Weigh In...WOW!!!

Well, not much going on here today, did I tell you all that the trees are both down now?? Well, on Sunday my DH and his cousin got all their chains and cables out and hooked everything up in hopes of keeping the tree from falling into the house. For a moment there we all held our breath because it swayed a little bit toward the house, but then it fell exactly where we wanted it to. Missed the house and the leach field, so no major damage to anything, just a little to my deck. One of the limbs that he cut off before falling the tree fell and cracked the railing and broke 4 spindles. It definately could have been worse though, so no complaints here. Now it is just going to be alot of work cleaning up the mess. Sometime when I have time to kill ( ) I will try to upload some picts~dial up takes an eternity!.

Well, hope everyone is doing well!
Darcy
Old 10-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #12  

Just got back from the Dr. DS#1 has a "Folical rash" and a sprained knee. Bummer. Prednizone for both and Ibprofin. I went and got him the Aveno line of skin care for itchy sensitive skin as well. We'll see if that helps. Dr said its prolly the wrestling team doin' it. The boy MUST shower at school. He's not pleased with that.
Thanks for the compliments!! I just look at the pictures and reproduce what I see, ( I added detail to these though, cartoons are very flat if you don't) it doesn't matter if I know them.
Christi~ I didn't know you painted?? I find that Sharpies bleed into the acqrylic paint, especially the lighter colors. Got pictures? Great job on the weight loss! Yay you!! Most of my work is word of mouth. If I do one eventually a friend wants another. Not for long though. With me no longer working I'm gonna build a web-site and rent a booth at the next home show and get a laser sticker for both cars. Oh and business cards!! OOooOooOOoo!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #13  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

No, actually, I "reproduce" cartoons on paper. That's why I use sharpies. The only thing I've done on the walls (so far) Was in my DD's nursery. I just did fluffy clouds, butterflies, dragon fly's, flowers and vines. Very girly. I haven't done much drawing lately.(although I did do Thomas the train recently, but I didn't think to take pictures) I use to sit for hours as a teen and draw Mickey, goofy, yo samity sam, pooh bear. I did it for fun, and thought it was just a worthless talent... until I saw your pics. A light went off.

I'm probably out of practice, but if I can still do it.... Well, I was thinking that I could do some murals In the Sunday school rooms at my church, for practice. Then build a portfolio. Have you thought about building a cataloge, Like a mailer, and send it out to day cares, churches, maybe schools. you never know....

I'm gonna get practicing, and if I still "got it in me" Ill post some pics, so you can give me your opinion. Be brutally honest. LOL

It sounds like we'd make a great team, to bad we live on opposite sides of the country
Old 10-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #14  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Just popping in to say hi. Had a long night Sat night. I'll be back later to tell the whole ugly story.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #15  
Princess Pudge

S/C/G: 100kg/100kg/65kg

Height: 5'6"

oh wow, dora is fantastic!! so when should i be at the airport to collect you? i'd love both the kids rooms done and my ceiling too thanks lol, i'm aussie, and i didnt even realised i'd rhymed until i re-read the post

i'm not having a good run of it, extremely tired today, but the little ppl are back at daycare and the older ones are enjoying a day of piece and quiet! i got out my skipping rope and my exercise stuff, and will walk the dog a little later

*hugs* to you all
Closed Thread