The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #1  
banned

Default Biggest loser:9/27

last season, someone had started weekly chat threads to chat about the show.

i still dont like kim i think shes mean and insensitive and as one member pointed out, doesnt have the relationship w her team that bob does.

i also felt bad for tiff getting knocked off and i really enjoyed watching red open pkgs from home and loved the way they were alll there for the guy whose son was ill.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

I was wondering why they voted TIff off. Didn't the other girl lose less than she had that week? or were they basing it on the loss overall?

bad thing with dvr's is you don't sit throught the whole episode. I forwarded a lot of parts/commercials...so I may have missed some stuff.

I started crying when they told the losers what the prize would be for winning the challenge. I never thought it would be so emotional to be on this show (i.e. away from family) but I guess it is.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I was getting all choked up also. It hit me when one woman opened her box and in it was her childs handprints that said, "touch my hands for my love" ...(or something to that effect).....I didn't think they had been away for that long but either way, its hard to leave your family behind. I missed some of the weighins due to a phonecall. I was almost trying to 'blow' the phonecall off but it was my MIL telling me how my FIL minor surgery went. I was listening.....honest!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:50 PM   #4  
banned

it was cuz they knew shed do it on her own....
Old 09-29-2006, 08:22 PM   #5  

That's what they said the reason was, but I'm not buying it. I think they figured that Melinda, who lost a lot less, was no threat to them. They know that since she has been losing weight so slowly that she couldn't win the competition. If they were doing it based on who lost the least, then Melinda would have been voted off. If it was because they thought that Tiffany could do it at home, then why wouldn't they have voted off one of the guys that has lost 20 pounds each week??? They obviously discussed it amongst eachother before they voted, because everyone voted for her and gave the same reasoning, "she can do it on her own."