Old 09-29-2006, 09:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Calorie Counting Program for Palm?

Can anyone recommend a good calorie counting/tracking program for a Palm Pilot? I am loosely following the South Beach diet as well as counting calories, use sparkspeople.com when I'm home but would love to have a similar program for on-the-go.

Thanks in advance!
strega*luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I used to talk up BalanceLog but they just went under a little bit ago. So... I've switched to CalorieKing. I purchased the PC and the PDA versions because they sync with each other. I could also purchase a membership to their web food log and then I could upload data from my PC to the website. (But I wouldn't be able to download web data TO the PC.)

The PC version is $45 and the PDA version is $29.95. I'm hoping that the fact that I had to spend MONEY for these programs, perhaps I'll be more dedicated to actually USING them. (Although lately I haven't been doing a good job of journaling.) I think the web membership is another $45. I don't need that since I this forum is FREE. If I need to share a food journal, I can print out my food log to a PDF file and then just attach that to a post.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Oh.. and there's a free trial to both versions at the CalorieKing website so that you can try them out to see if they suit your needs.

What I really like about the software is that the company actually does free monthly updates to the food database. (And it is very easy to use.)

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Thank you!

Thanks so much, Kimberly, I'll check it out!
strega*luna is offline   Reply With Quote