Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Quick Update

Hi Ladies:
Our computer is dead so I'm using my husbands work puter. I had my apt yesterday and I've lost 17 pounds! its crazy I'm not getting enough water or protien tho. Protien shakes make me sick to my stomach. I need a new non whey based shake. I don't have a lot of pain but I'm wiped out all the time and super weak. But it's all little steps and littler bites.
I gotta run!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

great to see you up and about - even though you're certainly not healed yet! and congrats on the 17 pounds!

as for the protein - i found that slowling eating them with a spoon, rather than drinking them, was the only way i could get through them. also, mixing it with plain yogurt sometimes made a nice change - kind of like pudding.

keep trying until you find something that works. you've had such a long haul to get here - make it work for you. drink your water.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey KO,
Good to hear from you. 17 lbs and no water/food will make you tired. Just rest up and remember this is about healing and getting healthy. Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I'm still wiped out but I'm getting in my protien and water (working on the water) Soy Protien is my friend! i tried it today and no overwhelming need to hurl! Hallelujah! Tomorrow I have PT so I'm going to scoot around and get a food Journal. (I can already hear DH saying How many notebooks do you need?)
I survived a fam dinner over the weekend! I had chicken and sweet potato and a tiny bit of salad but nothing fibery
BTW Jiffy I never realized that you were the person I was Reading in SDP (For a non blonde I'm pretty darn blonde) I want to thank you! A lot of what you wrote hit home with me in so many ways! a Huge Hug for you!
I'm going to dig around for something for dinner
HUGS
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

WOW - i'm so honored! how did you 'uncover' my secret???? well, it's not so secret, but it IS kind of quiet..

and congrats on figuring out what's working and what's not. you're brave to go with the chicken. i STILL have trouble with it!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote