The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #1  

Angry I Can't Stand Kim!!!

OMG!!! Is she serious??? I was sort of indifferent last week when people were discussing Kim. I wasn't sure if I liked her or not. I dislike her with a passion.

First of all, when Ken found out that his son was in the hospital in critical condition, her response was, "What do you want to do?" all cold like. She should have given him a hug and told him that she is so sorry to hear that (what Bob would have obviously done). Second, she kept making very b*tchy comments like, "You're going to burn some damn calories NOW!!!" She also said, "You guys need to lose the weight, if you aren't then you can go watch the blue team lose it!!"

THEN THE WORST OF ALL: Kim said in her one on one interview, "THEY'VE DONE NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN. THAT'S WHY THEY LOOK LIKE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE."

Are you kidding me????? I can't stand her. Thank God she's the red team's coach, and not ours .
Old 09-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #2  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

She's new, she'll learn the ropes!
I guess sometimes people feel like tough love is better than no love!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #3  
banned

me either!!!
arent ya just sick they won both things tonight?!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #4  
banned

im not sure how others feel about the tbl game here but i dont associate any trainer w red or blue.... just an internet version. if i thought like that id be on blue cuz i love bob....
Old 09-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

If we all look objectively at it, she does make some good points. I myself have OFTEN said things like, "no, I can't" and "it just isn't possible", and then I see these incredibly brave contestants actually RUNNING. Perhaps there IS an element of truth in what she said -- if you think you can't, then you will always be what you are. If you think you can't, you will won't grow as a person. And this is why many people face weight issues instead of taking them in hand -- perhaps there IS a self-defeating "reason" or "excuse" behind it all.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #6  
Domestic Engineer

I agree Andrea...*that* team has nothing to do with our team and I certainly don't identify with Kim as my coach. And since it's your game, well, that's they way it is then!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

I don't like Kim at all either, she has too many insults. I give them all credit for trying. But, that red teams women, I don't like them at all either, they looked pissed when the blue team was weighing in and happy if someone didn't lose well this week, at least the men on that team clapped when the blue team was doing well, I'm all for competing, but what some of those women say and how they act give's us nice chicks a bad name!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #8  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi All,
Well, i'm from Australia and the only part of the show i've seen so far was a few minutes over the internet, the show starts here next week. But, here are my thoughts of Kim:
At first i thought she was ok, yeah she's not Jillian but i was more than willing to give her shot. Then, i started hearing some bad repots about her, but i was still willing to make up my own mind. I then read a magazine where she reportedly said "With Jillian, a lot of people learnt to hate exercise and didn't really continue with it. I'm hoping to make it more fun for them." That really rubbed me the wrong way! I'm a member of Jillian's online club, and if it wasn't for her program i wouldn;t have lost the 20 kilos (44 pounds) that i have. And you don't win any fans by bagging out the previous trainer, i mean really, it just seems a little immature on her part.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:05 AM   #9  

I was just kidding when I said Bob was our trainer. Obviously he is not...I wish he was . The old saying goes, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar," and I think Kim needs to take that advice. She is just plain mean. I really think that you can get more results out of people if you respect them, then they will respect you back and want to please you.

I worked in the front office at Publix for a few years (a grocery store, for everyone that doesn't live in S.E. U.S) and I was also the "Front End Coordinator". This means that I pretty much was the manager, but got paid nothing. I made sure all of the registers had baggers, that all of the carts were being brought in from outside, that there were enough cashiers at the registers for the customer demand, that all of the "blocking" was done (moving the items on the shelf forward, so that it looks nicer), that all the cleaning was done, that there was enough coffee....etc. I was always very nice to all of the employees (I am a naturally nice person) and all of the work always got done. Many people told me that they went way beyond expectations to please me. When I was closing we always left early because everything was done. This was quite the opposite when other people would "FEC", because they were just plain mean. They would b*tch and b*tch about all the work that needed to be done, while I would nicely ask for it to be done. Most of the time I wouldn't even have to ask, because people would just do it because they knew it was my job to make sure it was done and they wanted to make me happy.

Anyways, point being....there is absolutely NO reason for her to be mean. Do you notice that her negative attitude has rubbed off on the red team?? The blue team has repeatedly said that they feel like they are a family....and that isn't a coincidence. Bob is the reason . I don't think people can "fake being mean"....she really is. I can't stand mean people!!!

Last edited by A_New_Beginning; 09-28-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 294/195/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Beginning View Post
OMG!!! Is she serious??? I was sort of indifferent last week when people were discussing Kim. I wasn't sure if I liked her or not. I dislike her with a passion.

First of all, when Ken found out that his son was in the hospital in critical condition, her response was, "What do you want to do?" all cold like. She should have given him a hug and told him that she is so sorry to hear that (what Bob would have obviously done). Second, she kept making very b*tchy comments like, "You're going to burn some damn calories NOW!!!" She also said, "You guys need to lose the weight, if you aren't then you can go watch the blue team lose it!!"

THEN THE WORST OF ALL: Kim said in her one on one interview, "THEY'VE DONE NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN. THAT'S WHY THEY LOOK LIKE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE."

Are you kidding me????? I can't stand her. Thank God she's the red team's coach, and not ours .

Now that very last comment really ticked me off I wish jullian was on there, this chick seems like she is stuck on herself
Old 09-28-2006, 03:29 AM   #11  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hi guys,

It's 5am and I am here at work and decided to check in. I was starting to get a complex there for a minute when I seen "I can't stand Kim" seeing my name is Kim Stunned or what!!!!!!LOL

I didn't get to see the show tonight, too busy at work so maybe I might see it some other time.

The only person is my trainer is me....that is what we have to be telling ourselves. We are our own bosses and we can either make this or break it, it's up to ourselves.....I plan on making it.

Better go and do a round so talk to you sometime tomorrow.

Kim (The NICE one....LOL)
Old 09-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #12  

I tried to like her, even though I really liked Jillian. But she's disrespectful and even abusive to her team. I mean to say that they look like they do because they complain! I don't know about you guys, but being insulted about my weight or looks never did much to motivate me.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #13  
Fat-be-gone

I like Kim. She's honest and these guys need to hear the truth. The red team are a bunch of complainers. And at the yoga session, they were being real pains in the butt. I only see her mean attitude come out when the red team starts lagging.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #14  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Well she certainly has a body to aspire to. I heard her compared to a Barbie doll. Hunh uh, that girl has some muscles.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #15  
Opulent

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledom View Post
I heard her compared to a Barbie doll. Hunh uh, that girl has some muscles.
*AND* some big ol' breast implants!

( OH! That was a 'MEOW' moment! )