Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Too many cals?

Hey everyone,
I am on the blue plan, just finishing up my first week tonight. I love the plan, but I added up my calories at the end of the day a few times and my plan has me eating 1400-1500 calories. That seems like a lot if I want to lose 2 lbs. per week. I am short (almost 5'2") and weight 145. I do about 3 or 4 hours of exercise a week. Does it sound like I'm consuming too many calories? I lost 2 lbs. in TO but have stayed the same in the rest of my WI's.
Thanks!
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Default too many calories???

Snobunny...i have the same concerns....I am in the red book..WISH I knew the difference...nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:39 AM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Snowbunny- Do you work odd hours or long hours? Are you doing the lites? I am just wondering why they have you on blue.

Have you tried one of the calorie counting sites that will calculate how many calories you need according to you daily routine? It may give you an idea on what your intake needs to be. Here are a few of them.

Free Calorie Counter & Weight Loss Calculator: Calories, BMI, BMR, RMR

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

Calculate Daily Calories Burned

Login (***********.com)

www.fitday.com
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Baja - are you doing the Lites? You would normally be switched to purple around 220, unless you aren't doing Lites, then you would move up a plan, which would be red.

Snowbunny - I agree with Deb. It would seem you would be on gold unless you work shift hours or aren't doing Lites.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies. I am a college student, so maybe that has something to do it, although I actually keep fairly normal hours at this point (I'm a senior) and I told them that. And I am doing the lites. Deb- I was going to ask if you knew any of those sights off hand, but I see you have them on your signature! I'll check them out. Thanks!
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Also - don't focus on the 2lb/week. Most of us are around 1-1.5/week. Also, since you only have 20 lbs to lose, you probably will lose slower. The good news is they base your program on the 2lb/week so if it takes you longer and you are following the plan, you don't have to pay for additional weeks. Just make sure you point that out to your COD if they mention more weeks. It's in your contract.

I still am surprised they didn't put you on gold. Maybe because you're young and in college? Oh well... if you ask them again and they say blue, go for it and enjoy the extra starch as long as you don't totally stall for a couple of weeks.

Good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #7  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

So, does the COD tells you how many cals a day you should have? I don't think that word was even mentioned to me...
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #8  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

Nancy - COD doesn't talk in calories at all just exchanges but the plans can be interrupted to be a certain amount of calories.

Some of the gals track at fitday.com so they can see where they are at on calorie count.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #9  
Nancy is on the go again

Thanks Shannon, I have started my log in the fitday.com, and I seem to avarage 1200 to 1500 a day (depends if I've been good or not). Didn't know what is the right amount? Should I always aim towards 1200? I'm short 5'3' at 183 lbs. Maybe I should do a search on-line and see if I can find some guidlelines... Thanks again!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Nancy-it's fun to keep track of the cals-just so you know. But don't AIM for anything . . . just follow your plan! You just joined-give it a chance. If you don't lose-they'll adjust your plan.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #11  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Your calories will fluctuate even when totally POP, depending on different OP food counts. I am much more concerned about getting to few because I know I will stall or even go up. In the Jillian Michaels book she says a woman should NEVER go below 1200 or the body goes into starvation mode and for me it's true. It's interesting to track and can really help you determine what's a high calorie OP food vs. a low calorie choice. My COD does not like to talk in terms of calories but realized they goofed when they had me subbing 2 shakes for my lites and that was dropping me around 1000 calories.

I've said it before but will again--the only downside of this site is information overload for newbies. Follow the plan the COD gives you until you get a good grip on it--not a lecture--just advice.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #12  
Nancy is on the go again

Thanks for the advice! I'm very happy to know that I don't have to worry about cals, just need to worry about the right amount of foods! Proud to say to I'm POP today, well, so far...
Old 09-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #13  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Nancy--great news! It will get easier. Just make sure you get everything in and the rest will take care of itself.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Calculating calories you need

I just checked out this site recommended on the Hungry Girl website (actually several sites were recommended, but I found this to be the best). It gives you a suggested amount to maintain as well as a suggestion number of calories to eat so you can lose. I don't currently count calories, but sometimes I do. Check out the site.

http://www2.vhi.ie/topic/calneed
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #15  
Nancy is on the go again

Thank you, Joni, that was a good site. It told me that a body my size, needs 2,220 to maintain the weight. Therefore, cut back 500 cal, will drop on average 1 pound per week. So me getting 1200 to 1500 does do the trick. I also went walking on my lunch hour, and put in a 2 mile walk. Feeling pretty good about myself, and hoping if I keep it up, the scale will move again on Friday's WI.