Old 09-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #1  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Default Blue Team Chat

Hi Blue Team!
I'm dreading tomorrow morning. I lost 3.5 lbs the first 4 days and then my brother came into town and kept taking me out to eat! This am I was back even with starting weight, hoping for at least a little loss tomorrow.
I'm SORRY to let my team-mates down!
How do you handle out-of-town company?
Kim
Old 09-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #2  

It's all about food choices. You can go out to eat and still be OP. Fill up on low calorie food before you go out. Also, at the restaurant eat a salad and some chicken, or whatever else is on your diet (I don't know which diet you are doing). You are not letting us down because you realize what you did was wrong (and don't do it again!!! LOL).
Old 09-27-2006, 12:23 AM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoette View Post
How do you handle out-of-town company?
Kim
Can I sneak in here with a few tips? One thing I like about major chain restaurants is that they sometimes put nutrition info online. I love this because I can decide what to order before I go. Even if they don't give nutrition info you can usually get a pretty good idea of what might be a healthier choice of what to order. If I can't research ahead what's on the menu, I usually go with grilled meat (usually fish or chicken) and replace the potatoes with double veggies.

Not to do an ad for Applebees - but they have an easy menu to get something healthy. They even have desserts....

Avoid buffets like the plague....they are so hard even if you go in with good intentions. Trust me....been there, done that...got it all over my tshirt

Take your own low fat dressing if you like to order salads....or order the dressing on the side so you can control how much you get.

I'm a hard core Jillian's girl....so I prolly shouldn't be giving help to the blue team... But aren't we all on the same team in the bigger scheme of things?
Old 09-27-2006, 09:21 AM   #4  
The Weight's Coming Off!

All good ideas, thanks!
Posted a half pound loss for the first week. I will wow 'em for next week! I VOW it!
Jelynn seems to be headed for our biggest loser this week. Lots of folks still to check in!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Okay I am really confused now.....there are SO MANY THREADS it is hard to keep up!!

I am down 2.5 lbs this week--which I am grateful for! It could have been a whole lot worse, because I was not 100% any day this week!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #6  
The Weight's Coming Off!

You did AWESOME, Jen! Sorry if this is confusing, I just thought it'd be good to have a place for blue team to cheer each other on. We don't want to fill up the stats thread, that's just for weigh ins. The Calling Blue Team members is to make sure you get on the spreadsheet to tally results.
Any questions? If I can't answer them, I'll find somebody who can!
I just started a Detox 7 program to help clear out the fat and wow everybody on week 2!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #7  
losing 2 win a healthy me

S/C/G: 322.4/271.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I lost 1.6 lbs this week.

When we go out to eat I look up what they have that is ok for my points. Thay way I can just order
Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6''

Way to go Tdbear! This is how much I lost this week too! I am hoping for more next week. It seems that the Red Team has a lot of big losses this week, we may need to step it up a notch!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #9  

Thanks, chick in that hat. Those are some excellent suggestions. You are a real sweetheart!!!

I just started on Monday, and our deadline to turn in our weighloss results aren't until Saturday night, so I will weigh in on Saturday morning (when I don't have food or water in my stomach) and post my results. At that time I will only be 5 days into my diet, but I am sure that I will make you guys proud .

I weighed in Monday morning at 239.6, and on Tuesday morning I was already down to 236.2 (a loss of 3.4 pounds!!!). I know it is just "water weight", but it still feels great to see the scale go down . I didn't have any time this morning to weigh myself, so I don't know if that number has changed. I have been doing so great for these last 3 days, I am so proud of myself.

I know I would not be this motivated if I was not doing this challenge. Just think about it...up until this point we haven't had to "answer" to anyone else, but ourselves. Look where that has gotten us. Now that we have to "answer" to our team, it has all changed (well, at least for me it has). It's just weird...something has clicked inside of me that this is finally the time for me to lose the weight. It feels so great!!!

GO BLUE TEAM!!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #10  
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post

I'm a hard core Jillian's girl....so I prolly shouldn't be giving help to the blue team... But aren't we all on the same team in the bigger scheme of things?
Ah, but since Jillian isn't on the show anymore, you should instead help us crush her replacement.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/207/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
Okay I am really confused now.....there are SO MANY THREADS it is hard to keep up!!

I am down 2.5 lbs this week--which I am grateful for! It could have been a whole lot worse, because I was not 100% any day this week!
Great loss Jen!! Keep up the good work.

There is one thread to keep our stats. I think someone started this thread for the Blue Team to talk amongst ourselves, exclusively and lastly there is the BL group thread where everyone involved in this challenge can talk. That does mean we have 3 threads to check in on, which can be a bit daunting if you're short on time.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydaisy View Post
Ah, but since Jillian isn't on the show anymore, you should instead help us crush her replacement.
I am not a Kim fan......Bob is pretty amazing! He is WAY better at leading his team. I do think Kim had some pretty serious shoes to fill. She had to know this going in. I'm willing to give her a few more weeks.

As for me being helpful in crushing her....unless I have some hecka big changes in the near future I wouldn't be much help as far as pounds lost. My victories have been non scale lately. Exercise does move the poundage around nicely.

I'm rooting for all of you, tho!!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:03 AM   #13  
The Weight's Coming Off!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhydermom View Post
Great loss Jen!! Keep up the good work.

There is one thread to keep our stats. I think someone started this thread for the Blue Team to talk amongst ourselves, exclusively and lastly there is the BL group thread where everyone involved in this challenge can talk. That does mean we have 3 threads to check in on, which can be a bit daunting if you're short on time.
Maybe I misunderstood. My understanding: The stats thread is just once a week update, and the other chat thread is to discuss the show, which is only on once a week also. Of course my work is slow right now, so I have time to check them all anyway. Actually, only the stats thread is mandatory once a week and the rest is optional.
Good day food-wise yesterday, one slip-up but lots of fruits and veggies. No exercise - I went to the library after work then straight to bed after the kiddo. SO GLAD IT's FRIDAY!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #14  
The Weight's Coming Off!

Talking Last Chance Day!

Ok, silly me, I have a going away lunch at Macaroni Grill in an hour and I'm freaking about sticking to the plan. I downloaded their nutritional facts and am trying to decide ahead of time so I don't even look at the menu.
First off, they have the carbs/protein columns switched on the pizzas - I was very excited thinking I could have pizza, but of course, I forgot I have to look at calories too.
I can have 600 calories, but must have 20+ grams of protein and less than 60+ grams of carbs (1:3 protein:carbs). Cripes. Looks like the "Skinny Chicken" or Chicken Cesear w/out dressing and a cup of lentil bean soup for me.
How to avoid the bread????? I will just get it moved away from me and drink a lot of water!
How's everybody else doing today - on our LAST CHANCE eating day? (I weigh in Wed morning). Tonight's Last Chance workout will be the TBL boot camp segment for me!

Last edited by Ottoette; 10-03-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Typos!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #15  
Fat-be-gone

Good luck at Macaroni Grill Ottoette!! You can do it!!!