Old 09-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #1  

Default Diet to your door - my experience after 2 weeks

Well, it's been 2 weeks for me on this program and I haven't lost a pound. And I've even been working out for an hour 5 days/week which includes at least 20 minutes cardio followed by 40 minutes of strength training. I had been on a plateau for 5 weeks prior to starting this, so I thought this might be a good way to break through that. Nope.

The program has you eating 3 meals a day plus two snacks inbetween. The gist of it is keeping your meal portions small, with less fat and more protein than carbs. The daily calorie count ranges between 1100 - 1400. Most of the meals consist of a piece of grilled chicken and two sides of veggies. Sometimes they replace the chicken with fish or beef - but always two sides of veggies. And the sauces that they provide to add flavor to the main protein dish are really a treat. One thing I like is that you start off each day with hot chocolate for breakfast. I guess the logic is to get in your sugars and sweets in the morning so that you can burn them off during the day. But I look forward to breakfast coz of the hot chocolate alone. :-) I find that I rarely crave carbs of sweets on this program.

Overall, the food is really good, but it's too expensive a program to have paid $585 for 3 weeks worth of food to have not lost a pound. I was hoping to break through my plateau with this program and to finally learn how to eat healthy. I learned the latter, but I would be more convinced if I'd have actually seen some weight loss. Back to boca burgers for me.
bchyspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Height: 5'

Sorry that you didn't lose any weight on that program. It's frustrating I am sure to spend all the money and not lose a pound. You are doing awesome though! I am sure your body is just adjusting to the weight that you have lost. It will pick back up again. You sound like you are exercising too and working at it. Hang in there!
mikeysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #3  
it's always something

What a shame to spend that much money on food and not see progress. The diet plan is a good one, it's balanced and calorie controlled, so almost everyone would lose weight on it.

If it's not the diet, then maybe it's the exercise? Your body is changing and 20 minutes cardio may no longer be enough for you. My scale doesn't budge unless I include at least an hour cardio per day (in addition to strength training), regardless of how well I diet.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote