Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #1  
Finding the hidden me

S/C/G: 212/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello Everyone, I'm new and here is my story.

Hi all,
I am new to both 3FC, and this particular board. I've been posting on and off in the depression and weight issues board, but I feel that I also relate to you guys, so I decided to take the plunge and introduce myself.
I am an emotional eater. I never knew I was an emotional eater until my uncle, whom I was very close with died. When he died, I turned to food to make things better. I would eat all day long until I got physically ill, just thinking that the food was comforting me. I went from a nice 160lbs (I have 147 lbs lean body mass, I come from a family that farmed, so I've got a big build), to a whopping 224lbs in the period of two years.
All of the wieght I gained made me feel like a disgusting human being. Everyone told me I carried my weight well, and that they couldn't believe that I was 224lbs... but I could tell. It became hard to walk up the stairs, and I only left the house for school because I was just so depressed. All the while I ate.
One day, during my senior year in high school, I got a terrible migraine, which I thought was something more severe, so I rushed myself to my Doctor. I hadn't seen him in at least a year, and I had gained 40lbs since I last saw him. He couldn't believe it, so he ran tests on my thyroid and all of that, and we discovered that I have PCOS. I only got my period once every 3 months, but never thought that it was a bad thing. I was immediately put on birth control, and over time lost about 12 lbs of the many that I gained. The hormone regulation helped me reduce my weight, but didn't take all of it off, so I decided, just recently that I needed to do something more to take the extra weight off.
This is the first diet I have tried and, though it is working out thusfar, I have discovered that I am a binge eater. I binge when I am emotional. The diet is hard because when I get stressed, I just want to eat everything in sight, but I realize that it is not the way to help me get to where I want to go, and have practiced good will power so far (it's been three weeks, minus one day where I broke down and ate some pizza)..
So, this is me, admitting to myself and to you all, that I am a binger, and need the extra support to help lose this weight and find myself again..
Sorry for the novel!
TillyGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #2  
Detangler

We're all here for each other, Tilly (I feel weird calling you by your dog's name :/) The very first steps are always discovering and admitting your problem, then asking for support. Great job!

It's great to see you're jumping in at some of the other threads. Thanks for sharing your story!

Meg
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #3  

hi tilly welcome!!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Tilly, welcome!
I'm so sorry about losing your uncle. A loss like that is something we never completely get over.
I suffer from depression, too, so I know where you're at. It's depressing to be overweight, and it's hard to lose weight when you're depressed. It's a vicious circle.
We're all here for each other, and we're glad you're here with us.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote