Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #1  

Red face Need some Nutrisystem encouragement

Hi everyone. I'm new here and about to start Nutrisystem once my food arrives in the mail.

I'm very nervous, but mainly feel like this is going to be another failure. I have never been one that could stick with anything for very long when it comes to my weight. I only ordered a weeks worth of food so I wouldn't be obligated any more than that in case I can't make this work.

Is there any hope for me? I have a lot of weight to lose and for some reason I just keep thinking this is "it". I HAVE to do this. Then there's that nagging little voice saying I can't.

Did anyone else feel the same when starting this program and is having success?
brattymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Default Hi Bratty mom-welcome!!!!!!!

I think everyone who has tried NS was scared when they started,that they would fail, i know that i sure was afraid. And i kept thinking of the money too!!!

I know that you can do this, if you put your mind to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat all of your NS foods, and the add on foods, like the protein/dairy and veggies, and fruits. If you feel that you can't eat it all, you can cut down on the salad. I don't eat salad often. but i do eat the veggies.

Birdseye makes an awesome steamingbag of veggies, you just buy it in the regular freezer section of veggies, put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and walla!!!!!!!!!

So easy, and cooked nicely-not overly cooked!!

You CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really really can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

You are worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JEnny
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329.6/322.8/120

Height: 5

Hi there and welcome!

I know where you are coming from, I have been dieting on and off since I was 10. Now I have what seems like to me even now, an enormous amount of weight to lose. But you have to believe in yourself. Tell yourself that this time is going to be different. Have you tried going on the NS website? The people who write in are very supportive there...not that we aren't terribly supportive<G>. You will run into some who have lost a tremendous amount of weight on the program.

You can do it!

Vicky
Jaleril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Default Hi again

Hi Brattymom,

definitely visit the nutrisystem bulletin board at the nutrisystem website,
it is awesome, i've met so many lovely ladies, and they answer your questions, and they support you, and they understand what you are going through, etc...

*hugs*

you CAN do this!!
God Bless
Jenny
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207.5/199/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Welcome, BrattyMom!

There's certainly hope for you! I think it's VERY helpful to take it a pound at a time... set a goal of say, 5# to begin with... WITHOUT a time limit on it! WHEN you achieve that goal, then set your next goal. And don't look back. You'll do fine, and you'll be surprised at what a "no-brainer" this program is.

I live in Alaska and was introduced to NS by my sister who lives in Utah. It took forever to get my first food order so I had plenty of time to fret about the decision. So far, so good. I definitely feel better. Like you, I have alot to lose, but I'm thinking that every pound is a very big deal... these forums really help!

Good luck to you.... Peace, Leanne
CordovaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote