Old 09-25-2006, 07:09 AM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Fall Plan - Harvest your dreams

Well, with the promise of a new season comes the hopes and dreams for the season. I sometimes despair that I will ever reach my weightloss goal. Still, it is a dream I seem incapable of letting go. I know the potential for reaching my goal is there. Why bother when it often seems so hard and unatainable? I have just been sitting with my journal and making a list of reasons of why I need to gather my motivation for yet another push toward my goal. It is just something I need to do for myself, it is something that I have put a tremendous amount of effort into though I spend as much time stalled out as I do moving forward it often seems. Anyway, as this project takes recommitment on a regular basis, I do want to keep in my mind that the dream can be harvested. That I can reap the rewards of finishing what I set out to do and that I am not giving up. Hope to see all you regulars on this thread with a feeling that what we want for ourselves is truly possible. As always, newcomers are welcome.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #2  

Hi Ledom. i just lefted note on other one and when i clicked send i thought oh the new one is above it. ha hahaha so here again. this is a cute name and yes all you said is so true. i need to do the same get more positive and list those things to. that is a great idea. we all can do this together this fall. we have before. this new thread will keep us going. a change is great. we can all change by getting with our plans and doing it. i have to for health. so no reason not to get it done. scales are down this morning more and oh a happy girl that makes me. i have dance tonite. so that is great. going to yes get with this and get it done before holidays. i have set that for a first goal to lose some before then..then move on. i want to be down to my goal the dr. first set for me by then. then move for the new year my new goal she has set. one good thing is the last 2 years i have not gained all i loss back. now that is good for me. usually i am starting all over for it. but have not.so i try to think of good more now. been eating the fresh fruit and vegies and its helping. then this fall when cooler i get on my more protein plan.. good luck ledom i love your sharing give me alot of inthusium this new day. Ok gals get in here on this new thread and others to if you want. more the merrier. we are all here to work together with this and share. that is so important to me. good luck to all . LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #3  
Lovin' Zumba!

Ledom - what a great name for this season's thread!

It's funny (but not so much) - you sound just like I did almost 2 years ago. My advice is that if you don't feel like working so hard, how about just staying in "maintenance mode" for a while? I wish I had thought to do that back then - instead I just threw in the towel, thinking it would be fine, and that I would maintain without any effort.

In hindsight I've realized that maybe where I was then was the best for my body at the time, and I should have been happy to stay at that weight for a while. Instead I kept pushing, got nowhere, got discouraged and gave up. Never again! I would give anything to be back there right now, so that I could make the correct decision as opposed to what I did.

One of the things that's occurred to me is that maybe I should have hired a persoan trainer. I was the best I could be on my own, but perhaps a trainer could have pushed me harder or in different ways to get things moving again? I'll be keeping that in the back of my mind in case I get to that point again. Maybe it's something for you to consider?

My weekend was pretty good - the little kitten kept me occupied the entire time, and as a result, I accomplished very little.

Unfortunately, I used him as an excuse to not do my cardio this weekend. But, no more of that - I'm back in the gym with a vengence this morning!

Still working out the kinks of my eating plan - I keep remember things I'd forgotten about for meals, so I'm working on getting my kitchen stocked back up so that I won't have excuses to fail there.

So, today is day 8 of my BFL Challenge, and I'm feeling pretty good about it!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #4  
Chick

Good morning - glad you liked the thread title. It just seemed right for us.

Good ideas Cindy. I often think about how to pump new energy into my program. I haven't ruled out a personal trainer, but for now I am going to keep trying on my own. I have decided to get back to the old ways of reporting my workouts here. Just try to be more present with everything and to make time to rest because I think that is when I really get into trouble - when I am tired.

So, in the spirit of that I have just completed my workout and have my lunch and afternoon snack packed and I know what I am having for supper too. I hope to also get a little extra cardio this evening. I did good with food yesterday and made it to a yoga class after work. So far, so good. I am also thinking about the weekend and how I am going to handle it. As of late, weekend have been my undoing. Time to get a grip on weekends.

So glad to have you back in the fold Cindy. It sounds as though things are coming together for you. How is Buoy doing?

How was dancing LaDean? Yep, health first and foremost. It is the most important motivation if not the most exciting.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 PM   #5  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey everyone!

Had another good day - when my eating is on track, it's spot on! But then other days I just can't seem to get things right! Funny how that can happen!

I had a 7am teleconference at work today, so couldn't do my workout this am. I'm trying to figure out what to do tonight - I dislike working out before dinner, while I'm hungry, and then having to shower then as well. May skip today, which I shouldn't, but I really don't have time tonight. Making excuses, I know, but I think this is where I messed up last time around - I would try to force every day, and so then if one day didn't work, I'd scrap the whole week. I need to learn to work around my life/schedule. I have this call every other week, and I'll just adjust my workouts around those Tuesdays.

Buoy is doing well - although I really have to watch him around my two youngest - they went from hissing and avoiding him to trying to wrestle on the floor in just 3 days! But, they are waaaaay too big to be that rough with him - he's only 1.8# and they are something like 7 and 15! Pete is so oblivious to the circus around him, so it's me who's always figuring out where the "baby" is, and if they other two are playing nice, as opposed to batting him back and forth like a ping-pong ball! I guess I should have anticipated this with Jake being just 17 months and Smokey at 12 months. I basically have three kittens - just of different ages/sizes!

Hey, time to go home! Hurray! I'll try to at least get a walk in tonight.
Cindy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg week_5.jpg (42.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #6  

Cindy thanks for sharing the picture of your kitty. its so cute. i like cats to. but just got a dog. a boston bull terrier . enjoy him so much. there just like babies. well he is my baby a big one. ha ha i got him on a eating plan to. smaller amts. ha ha we both are doing good. Hey i loss 4.75 lbs this week gals. so i did a happy dance today. i go to Tops so was best weekly loser to. so happy there to. oh a good day it has been. canning was shut down today. ha ha so i did some house work. had tops this am. then washed my long cared for car. its needed it for so long. so feel good. ha I hope everyones day has been as good. i am only 2.75 lbs from goal again. yehhhh i will get there. have a good evening to all. LaDean
Old 09-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #7  
Chick

Good morning. LaDean, it sounds like you had a great day! Congrats on being the best weekly loser at TOPS, that has to make you feel good. When you say canning was shut down today do you mean you are through for the season or just for the time being? What's the weather like out there these days?

Cindy, Buoy is darling. Wow, three kittens - I bet your house is more fun and filled with energy than I can imagine. Anyway, he is so cute and so TINY!

Don't forget The Biggest Loser tonight. I am really looking forward to it.

Cindy you are right about being flexible with your workouts. Creative too. A walk in the evening seems the perfect thing to do when your morning workout doesn't work out. I know that if I at least get a walk in I feel as if I am still on track with things.

So far this week is going better for me in terms of "sticking with it". Today is my rest day but I am going to try to hike for a little tonight. I am ready to push through this plateau. I don't really think it is plateau though, I think I just have not been trying hard enough.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #8  

Ledom. your doing good. sometimes we push ourselves to much. just hang in there plateaus pass we know this. No its not over. In fact this am got tomatoes ready. just a one day shut down. there out there on vine and ready each day to pick. but thankful we can do it and have it. to give to others that do not and for ourselves. people depend on it yearly. ha but he loves doing it and sharing we love to do. we have given so many tomatoes away this year. usually not enough just for canning. and apples oh my will be starting on them next. getting them in off trees and in boxes in shop. ha Its been so nice this week, 85 of day. rain is coming end of week some. so trying to get alot done with the garden before. got the old cucumber plants on one side pulled up yesterday he did and got this side sprayed. jsut a busy time. but hey when busy not eating. if so a cuke or tomatoe. ha or apple. so that is good. have a good day all of you....Aleka and judi come in to say hi. miss you lots.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #9  
Chick

Still jealous of all those tomatoes LaDean. There was a crop failure here this year and I just didn't get enough. I like making tomato sauce and freezing it in quart bags to add to turkey meatballs. I bought every fresh, homegrown tomato I could find this summer and ended up with less than a dozen bags.

This week has gone well for me. All my workouts in and great food choices. I am now entering dangerous time for me though. The WEEKEND, I am trying to mentally prepare myself. Today is my first challenge, lunch with a friend. It is terrible to not even want to go because the food is less in my control. Hopefully we'll go someplace that is easy, but I have even considered the possibility of a Mexican restaurant. I think I could order something with shrimp and stay away from the chip and salsa and come out ahead. Anyway, I am up early this morning and will be getting my workout in early today. Hope to hike a little tonight.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #10  

LaDean, You said you were near goal.....how much did you lose and what plan did you use? Did you put your story in Goal?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #11  
Lovin' Zumba!

I'm super-jealous of the tomatoes - I only had 3, yes 3 (!) all summer! I just never got to anywhere where they were selling them - this area is a bit strange in that it's hard to find any farm markets in the urban areas. Sucks for me, because I love fresh tomatoes, and I have deer, so can't grow my own. Oh, well....

My week is going well as well - I did get my cardio in this morning - actually pushed it to an extra set of intervals (I'm easing my knee into this)for the first time. I'm sore today from a hard UBWO yesterday, but it feels good!

I'm planning to do some major cooking this weekend - dinners and lunches for myself, but also I want to make some protein bars - I'm going through too many Zone bars right now, out of necessity, but I'd feel better eating "real" food.

The kitten is integrating into the household well - he's basically a new play thing for my older "kittens". I have to break them up often, as play gets too rough for such a little guy, but I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with them being unsupervised while I work out or shower. I'm still locking him in his "nursery" at night and during the day, but that should only be for a few more days I think.

Hope lunch went well for you, Ledom.
Cindy
Old 09-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #12  

Carol. i have been in tops for years. finally reached goal in 2004. i loss 34 lbs. then i gained back like not 10 lbs and said ok now its coming back on get this off and keep it off. so dec. 31st i will have kept it off for 2 years. that is history for me. never did this before. then last year i was told i was a debetic and more wt had to go. so now i am heading in that direction. but reaching this goal first given me and stay there for while. then first of year want to go for my new goal. another 30 lbs to lose. I have been on all plans. but loss this on the atkins plan. so now in fall that is plan i stick to alot. summer months its alot of fruit and vegies and all. to hot to fix meals. ha ha but i watch portions alot. this week i started on weight watchers pts again. i have the program so i like it. can have all you want and keep track of the pts. so i mix my plans and have variety. I started line dance monday nite. i use it for exercise. i love it. so just to turn on music and move is great exercise. i also walk. but hot i do not. so now its getting cooler evenings so i plan to get out. i put variety into exercise to. these boards like this and all my friends help me the most. i love to come on and share and listen to others how they do it and there lives and all. this gives me inthusium.. have a good day. LaDean together we can do it and make it fun.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #13  

cindy, your kitten sounds so cute with the other ones. glad hes working in. animals are so fun. i just have my beau... a boston bull terrier. hes so loveable. is 9 years old. loss my one at 12 years we had him. so had to have another. oh girl if you were here you could eat tomatoes tilll your hearts content. i mean this year never seen it like this before. a late start with them to. we canned 28 qts yesterday. most we did in day is 47. we give alot of the juice away to friends and family.. but hey cannot let it go to waste. gave lots of tomatoes away this year. normally just have enough for our selves and canning. oh next is apples. cannot believe the year for them.. so wish you all were here. we would all go on a tomatoe diet. ha ha had cucumbers the same way... just blessed with a good garden year. flowers were even so pretty... i have eaten them lots. i love btl's and have them for breakfast. well to all a good day. LaDean
Old 09-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #14  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good morning ladies! Hope you are all having a good Friday. I think all Fridays are good, as the weekend is just around the corner! Actually, I'm playing bit of hookey today - am "working from home", but not so much, if you folllow...

I'm pretty happy with how I've been doing this week - with the exception of some pre-dinner snacking - small amounts, but I shouldn't be doing it, and then later, after dinner, when DF starts snacking, it's all I can do to make it until 9pm, when I can have my 6th meal. I've been having Kashi Go Lean and skim milk for that last meal, as I have a terrible cereal habit, but I want to work on switching that to something more "legal" - maybe I'll pull out an old BFL "apple pie" recipe and try to entice myself with that. The recipe is in the LWL recipe thread for those of you who aren't familiar - basically a microwaved apple with oatmeal, plus cottage cheese topping, all mixed with a bit of cinnamon and Splenda. Yum!

I just made a resolution to try to eat fish at least once a week for dinner. I already eat tuna for lunch once or twice, but I want to try to get DF to eat it as well.

A big part of my weekend will revolve around planning meals and cooking. I've been eating a lot of Zone bars, and want to make some homemade protein bars for breakfasts instead. I'll be going through the old recipe thread, but am open to any new recipe suggestions anyone might have.

I'm challenging myself to get 2 cardio workouts in this weekend - BFL calls for one, which I didn't do last weekend, but I don't have the kitten excuse this weekend - things have settled down considerably, as my others have gotten used to him, and he to them, so they can actually just hang out in a room without attacking each other now! But, back to cardio - I'm sure that the fact that I only ever did 2-3 cardio sessions a week during my prior BFL Challenges was part of the reason I didn't have as dramatic results as I had hoped for. I *hate* cardio, so it will really be a challenge for me to get more in, but I'm really going to try to do it!

LaDean - congrats on keeping that weight off for 2 years! I know it's much harder than it sounds! Where do you live that you've had such a great garden year this year?

Ledom - how did lunch yesterday go? How are you doing so far, with this almost being the WEEKEND? You can stay on track - I know you can!

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 09-29-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #15  
Chick

Cindy - you sound good. You are on your way!!!! Go for those 2 cardios. I have been doing a little extra each week as I can and I kknow it makes all the difference. My extra of choice is a 2 mile hike, or a yoga session. My goal is to do 3 "extras" per week. Well, yesterday wasn't great but could have been worse I guess. My friend, and this was business related, showed up at my house with lunch which just took all the control I thought I might have away from me. For the most part it wasn't too bad. She had been to a meeting and appropriated two of the catered lunches. A nice salad, a ham sandwich, a brownie. I ate it all. The worst part was that it was at a weird time. 1:30! I knew that would be the case so I had my afternoon snack in the morning. I felt bummed about the lunch even though it wasn't horrible. It was enough to make me think I should have a very light supper though which was a HUGE mistake. I should have just had my normal supper because I ended up eating more than I intended of some stuff I shouldn't have. Still, it was relatively contained. I saw where I was heading and cut myself off before it turned into a full blown binge. Still didn't want to weigh this morning. You are so right about it being the weekend. As you know that of late I have really been struggling w the weekends. I am just trying to be really conscious of breaking that habit, already talking to myself and planning the weekend carefully. I know I can pull it off.

You will get those little snacks and evening munchies under control. You have already made a great start at breaking the habit. Getting some more good things cooked will make a huge difference. And that BFL apple pie will just taste so good there will be no looking back. You do have the BFL cookbook don't you? The turkey meatballs are my fave recipe from that book. Well that and the cheesecake which I did stop making because I needed to. Anyway, those meatballs w/ spaghettie squash, broccoli and a sprinkling of parmesan is the meal I love most.

judi - alice hope you check in soon. Hey carol and ladean.