Old 09-24-2006, 11:57 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 25 Sept - 1 Oct**

Last week of September - holy cow!

So my weekend went ok. I was naughty and had Hungry Jacks (Burger King) on Saturday for lunch as I was on the road and starving. I can honestly say it was probably the first "burger" I have had for a least 6 months which is a good sign. I weighed in on Sunday morning with a loss of 1.5lbs so I was very pleased (even after having that burger!)

No major exercise for the weekend although I was active constantly. Cleaning, cooking and I did a great yoga session on Sunday. I am really starting to become quite limber.

I won't be off to the gym tonight, but hopefully I can get in some more yoga. I have my chiro at 6.20pm and then need to organise dinner so it may not happen. Means I have to make up for it tomorrow at the gym - kickin' my own butt!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend - where ever you are in the world
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Daisy - I know can you believe that this month is nearly over, I certainly can't!!!!

Hola chicas!!! I had a fab weekend diet wise, the first since at least May! I feel so very good about that. I started doing better like on Friday instead of putting it off until Monday like I usually do, and it totally paid off!!! Didn't workout this weekend but I am meeting one of my friends at the gym before class tomorrow so it will be a good way to start the week. I think this will be a great week.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:45 AM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Crazyness how fast this month, actually the whole year has gone by! Where did it go to?? I think I missed it all!

Daisy: We all have weekends where things don't go as planned, but tomorrow is another day, right?

Stephanie: Congrads on having such a good weekend! Good for you!

I finally have a plan, and I'm starting to eat salads with every lunch and dinner, instead of having potatoes or pasta all the time. I've also started drinking more water/herbal tea, and have tried to impliment more walking, although it rained on Saturday and today! GRRR!!! Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 AM   #4  

Sounds like you gals are doing great! I'm sitting here debating whether I should finish my essay or exercise.... finish essay, exercise... hm. I think I'll do my PUSH dvd because if I don't now, I won't at all today, and I can always finish my essay this afternoon I guess. Exercise wins again

I need to create a plan of attack for the week... I've already got my exercise planned out so I can meet my goal but I have to do meal planning. That really helps me stay on track. But whenever I plan meals I always end up so low on the calorie range... like 1000-1200 calories. I end up being okay (around 1400) if I eat at least two snacks during the day, though. Usually. I'm finding it tough to find "healthy" calories to pack into my diet, but if I don't and let myself stay at 1000-1200, my body eventually breaks down and I binge to make up for it. Which wrecks me. Soooo.... still figuring that out!

Have a good day everyone!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #5  
Workin' My *** Off!

Jamie: I wish I could plan meals ahead of time, that would help in the grocery shopping deptartment for sure, and I've tried to do things like that, but for some reason, it never works for me. GRRR!!! truly frustrating!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:43 AM   #6  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Weighed in for my weight challenge this morning. Only a .6 loss for the week. I still lost! But why do I just feel inadeqate? Isnt that silly??

This weekend was great workout wise. I did two-a-days because my eating was off with company in town. I did have some victories though. We went to a Japanese Steak house (one of my favs) and I limited myself to a small sushi row and a few bits of meat and veggies from my husband's plate. I thought that was a good way of still having a little of what I love while staying full.

I have my meals all planned out this week. I am going to keep up the good work with my exercise and try to work out twice a day most of the week. Today is my birthday so Im not going to work out twice today but I am hitting the weights after work before I go out for my birthday dinner
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hola Chicas- Good Morning

I hope everyone has a great week.

I'm going to really stay strong this week with my diet & exercise, so I can start Oct off on the right foot!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #8  

WAAAAHHHHH!

I was feeling so good this morning... did my workout, had a good breakfast, then took a shower and got dressed. Put on a pair of pants I've been wearing all summer to work but haven't worn for about a month and a half, and the button popped off.

I don't get it. I haven't gained weight... I've been exercising more... and I still pop the buttons off pants!! Stupid fat stomach. I hate it. And I've been feeling so good lately! What the **** am I doing wrong??

Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #9  
Workin' My *** Off!

Jamie, I had the same thing happen to me the other day, except they just wouldn't do up at all!!! GRRRRR! I don't understand! The scale hasn't moved in 4 months, so if I'm not gaining or losing, I should fit into the same jeans, right??? It's a mystery!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #10  

exactly... that's what I would think too! the only way I can think it's possible to not gain weight but get fatter is if you totally stopped exercise -- then you'd lose muscle mass and replace it with lots of fat. But I'm exercising more than ever! I just don't get it. I'm getting more frustrated than I realize at being at 195. The dangerous thing about me getting frustrated like this is I stop allowing myself to eat... I'm fat, I don't deserve to eat.... which does way more harm than good. I just get stuck in a negative mindset and everything goes downhill. I'm just... so... damn... FRUSTRATED!

Maybe I should take up yoga. Daisy looks nice and calm most of the time... I gotta do something. I'll just have to figure out what that is.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #11  
Workin' My *** Off!

Well if you figure it out... let me in on it, ok??
Old 09-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #12  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OK so kicked butt on strength training, cardio and stretching yesterday...then binged on homemade choc chip cookies and fruit roll ups wtf? I have got to regain my control, I feel so lost when I get like this. It's time for some change around here. So I have my exercise all planned out for this week, still taking the eating one day at a time.

Have to work the at home job and pay some bills till this evening. Then planning on making a healthy dinner and going running (then ofcourse there is always more stretching to be done)...

Daisy - yay on the loss, you know hungry jacks happen just gotta do some jumping jacks after you eat them...clever eh?

Steph - WTG not putting off until tomorrow what you could do that day. I read about your fitness partner in crime on your blog, must be awesome having a bud to keep each other accountable.

amanda - Glad your plan is in tact! Keep up the good work!

brito - You and I are twins when it comes to binge triggers sounds like. You are always the woman with the plan though, don't let me down now hehe...don't let that button get you down. Weight comes off from different places. Yoga is awesome, also maybe mix p your workout routine, maybe your just in a rut.

slimming - awesome idea with the planning thread I always have to hop over to the support forum to plan my day out, great I can do it right here. Yuck two a days... I admire your dedication though.

spill - Here is to staying strong, I know you can do it!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #13  
Goodbye Fat!

I with you Daisy, it's the end of September. Our administrative assistant came to work today announce only 3 months until Christmas. Oh my...the next few months are going to be tough. Halloween candy, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Well DH and I did alot of gardening and moving compost on Saturday and I was tired and sore on Sunday. I really need to start doing strength training for my back.

Brito: Do you take measurements of your whole body? Do this once a week and take notice of the trends. During my tom my stomach gets really bloated even if I drink lots of water. Don't get down though, you have worked so hard to get where you are now. Just keep exercising and watching what you eat.

Slimming Down: great job with going out to eat and over doing it and all the exercise
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #14  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I've got another stressful week ahead of me on top of PMSing, and I seriously feel like I'm about to lose my mind. I was so crazy-pms-upset last night that literally my body ached. I couldn't sleep till 4, and then I had to be at work early this morning. Stupid hormones!! The thing I've found that helps the most is lots of strenuous cardio, which I very much lacked last week. I'm going to try to shift my focus from all my personal issues and stresses to focusing on self-care and staying healthy. I'm pretty sure that's what my therapist would say if I had enough time to go see her.

My goal this week is to not give myself excuses to eat mindlessly (hormones, sleep deprivation, stress, events, etc) and to get in at least 5 45min cardio sessions. Tonight is kickboxing, so at least I'm starting off right.
I'm avoiding the work food with green tea and lemon. Successss...

Daisy- Do you find yoga to be helpful with stress? They offer some classes here, but unless it is going to help me unwind, I'm not sure I can fit it in with all the other gym time I want to put in.

Amanda- The salad in place of a carb side dish sounds like a great plan. That could save you a lot of calories, and those calories will add up!

Slimming- Wow! Japanese steak houses are my favorite! It is hard not to go there and gorge since the normal dishes are like... 4 regular portions. Good job!!!

Jaime- Blame the button! If you've been wearing them a lot, the string probably just got worn out. Don't stress too much about that.. just find some sewing stuff and you'll be buttoning in no time. I know it is frustrating, and I also have the tendency to either binge/stop eating when the weight issue gets to be too much, but just keep in mind all the things you *know.* If you keep working hard, you will see results.

Stephie- That is why I cannot keep cookies and stuff around. I could be having a perfect day and I'd still want to eat the whole plate of them.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:41 PM   #15  

Good afternoon ladies! Guess what... I SURVIVED HOLIDAY WEEKEND PART 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for all of your help and advice. I was sooo good you all would be sooo proud. I had a little sample of everything and when I was about to go up for seconds my boyfriend pushed me back into my seat. I gave him a pout and he said to me in a serious voice "You told me to not let you go into your binge mode. I love you and want you to be happy so I can not let you get seconds. Plus I know you want some dessert." what a good boyfriend PLUS I put on my fridge the top 10 reasons why I don't like overeating. Usually after a feast I go back to my apartment and start rummaging through my kitchen eating everything, but when I saw the list up I just decided screw the food and went to sleep.

I doubt I lost weight, but at least I didn't gain weight. I really do need to lose at least these 20 pounds I put on since graduating college (only 3 months ago) so that my pants will fit again.

PS I totally agree with you girls, stomach fat is my worst enemy. That is where my fat always goes, no where else but directly to the tummy.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote