South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #1  
Selftitled Pirate Captain

Default Frozen SBD foods

I tried to search the forums to see if this had been asked before and I apologize if it has been.

Today while shopping I saw the SBD frozen dinners and I was wondering if they are actually good for use in all phases. I saw the box says "For Phase I!" or "Phase I, II, III!" and such. Are they really able to be used in Phase I? Because that would make things so much easier.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:36 PM   #2  

They are approved for use in the phase that they are labelled for. They really don't have enough vegetables so you will want to add some vegetables or a salad to go with them. Remember to aim for 4 1/2 cups of veggies a day.

Most of us who have been on South Beach before the frozen foods were allowed either never eat them or keep them for a rare occasion because they are often processed and contain ingredients that we try to avoid. If you are going to eat frozen foods then they are probably the best you can get.

I cook extra of my dinners and use those for quick meals and lunches so I don't need these. I always have chili and soups in the freezer as well as many phase 2 allowed meals.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 AM   #3  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

I like some of them - I try always to keep a few in the freezer and a pizza in the freezer just in case I don't have any extra leftover dinner to pack for my lunch - I usually leave for work by 5:30 (at the latest) so in the mornings they are a quick grab - that way I am less likely to "cheat" for lunch.

But watch b/c they are loaded w/ sodium - so don't eat too many. Usually when I have one for lunch - I eat an extra big salad to dinner to make up for the lost veggies.

Also, some of the pre-packaged snack foods are good to - more for phase II and III - once again just to have for a quick grab if I wasn't able to pack ahead or if I am running errands on the weekend - watch again for the sodium.

Good Luck!!!!!
Closed Thread