UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #1  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Talking Exercise

I just wondered what everyone does for fitness & exercise. I have just done 1 hour on the dance mat and the fitness section says i have burned off 192 cals and have dance the equilivant of jogging 2.2km so i guess thats a good start and im also doing four 30 minute walks per week.

Do you think this is good exercise to start with ? I'd love to hear what you all do so i can get tips and idea's of how to improve my fitness regieme.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #2  

Well YP is off running a marathon.

Yours sounds like a good start it's more than I'm doing. My back is a bit better so I'm trying to walk more, if only to get some of those extra pesky WW points.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #3  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

lol thing is doing a little is better than doing nothing at all , keep it up veggie. I actully really enjoyed it on the dance mat the only problem i have is i have a bad ankle so after about 2 or three songs i was started to get in a bit of pain but i kept going . I managed 4 songs on an un-calorie counter game and then 6 songs on the game with the calorie counter and thats where it told me i had done 192 cals but i reckon with the four songs on the other game it was prob more like 250 cals. I am so pleased tho that i did anything at all.

good luck with the exercise hunni .

Teresa
Old 09-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I was about to say, I won't suggest what I do...

Seriously though, if you start off gradually and don't do too much too soon it's surprising what you can build up to. I never dreamed I'd be able to do this 2 years ago, but running 1 mile turns into running 3 miles, which turns into 6, and 13, and 26. It takes time, and you can't do it overnight so the important thing is to find something where you won't get too discouraged and give it up before you start to make progess.

And mix cardio and weights, a fit bod isn't created by doing only one of the two.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:04 AM   #5  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Thanks for the advice hunni and congratulations on doing the marathon.

well done you.

Teresa
Old 09-25-2006, 10:16 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yes I was thinking I may scare you with my exercise schedule too!

However, I did used to do my dance mat thingy - was absolutely fab! I also had a New York City Ballet video that I did all the time - really perked my bum up!

My exercise NOW consists of:

Monday
weights
teaching kickboxing class (from now on I'm training WITH them!!)

Tuesday
weights
1 hour kickboxing teaching
1 hour kickboxing training

Wednesday
weights (usually full body weights so 2 sessions)

Thursday
weights
2 hours kickboxing training

Friday
weights

Saturday
1.5 hours kickboxing (private lesson)

Sunday
long run (this week is 11 miles)

But I started off kickboxing once a week. Then gradually increased to twice a week, then I added weights, then I started running, then I started taking private lessons, then I started teaching.... It's a slippery slope to fitness freakdom!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #7  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

I cant see me ever being a fitness freak but i would love to take a few lessons of something or another , i am thinking aqua arobics as i used to love that but stopped doing it and possibly normal aerobics or salsa lessons.

Teresa
Old 09-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #8  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

I'm just trying to start gradually. At the minute I walk to work (about 10/15 mins) and back again. I'm also trying to fit in 20 minutes trampette/dancing every evening. I think this is manageable for me and I suppose anything is better than sitting on my bum all night!
Sassy-Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:29 AM   #9  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hehe i agree sassy-sarah thing is i know my limits im not able to do lots and lots of exercise cos i cant physiclaly do it im hoping once the weight shifts i can progress on a little more with the exersice but i think its importnant to do as much as you can manage and change it as and when you feel able.

good luck sassy.

Teresa