Old 09-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #1  

Default Trying this again...

Do you all hold your appetite well? How about when your dieting and your on the road? What do you do then? I find max every 3-5 hours I'm hungry. MAX. I can't last longer than that unless I'm busy or having a GOOD day. When Im on the road I have a tendency to mess up the diet and eat whatever.

Today I'm trying the diet again. My diet is just eating less and no sweets or high fat. Since I'm already obese the weight falls off easier the little things you do. It's not like you weigh 121lbs and your trying to be 105lbs...your already skinny its going to be harder to lose weight. I know by simply eating less I'll lose weight up until the point it stops and I have to do a good diet.
Icanchangemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I actually don't find it that difficult to stay on plan when on the road. I recently took a 5-day road trip over labor day, and things went fine. I basically just had a committment to eating healthy, and it's amazing what you can find if you may a conscious choice. I ate out at restaurants at every meal. I posted this elsewhere, but this is a sample of what I was able to find to eat. Basically, I also had a few simple rules: dressing on the side, nothing with cream sauce or slammed with cheese (neither of which I like much anyway), water as the only beverage (which I've done for years anyway -- I believe we were made to drink water), watching portion size, and simply eating healthy meals. All my food was very good, and I didn't feel like I was missing anything. In the past, vacation was an excuse to over-indulge, but I've found that I'm much happier when putting healthy things in my body, and the food is just as good.

Thursday:
B: Cream of wheat with lactaid skim milk
L: Subway turkey breast 6-inch sandwich
2 servings of hard pretzels
D: Grilled halibut with mixed vegetables (mostly zucchini) in olive oil based dressing
Spinach salad with a few strawberries, no dressing

Friday:
B: Plain toasted bagel with strawberry jam
L: Salmon sandwich on a delicious toasted bun with tomato, lettuce, onion
Spinach salad with no dressing
D: Fettucine in a tomato, eggplant, caper, and olive sauce -- yummy!

Saturday:
B: Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar
L: Subway turkey breast deli-style sandwich
D: Grilled mahi mahi over pico de gallo-type salsa
Broccoli
One small roasted new potato

Sunday:
B: Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar
L: Spaghetti with meat sauce
D: Chinese food! Steamed shrimp and broccoli, served with stir fry sauce on the side. Eaten over rice. (Actually really good! I'd never ordered healthy chinese food before).

Monday (labor day):
B: 2 slices wheat toast with strawberry jam and a banana
L: Oops-Driving and late to arrive somewhere -- Pretzels, two servings
D: 2 chicken shish kabobs, red beans and rice, salad without dressing

THERE'S A LOT OF HEALTHY FOOD OUT THERE! It just takes a little effort to notice it. My meals were about 4-5 hours apart.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #3  

Did you lose any weight?
Icanchangemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I find it better to eat smaller but more often like 5 or 6 times a day. Such as
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I hit send too soon. I also eat dinner and a snack later. My snack usually is part of my meal I just wait about 3 hours before I eat it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey, I have lost 114lbs by just eating less. I still eat all kinds of unhealthy foods (I am not bragging btw). Health goals, fitness goals, and weight loss goals are different.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is that you can lose all the weight by just eating less.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Icanchangemylife:

I wasn't trying to, but accidentally lost 1-2 pounds during that week.

Last edited by Tara D; 09-23-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I’m on medication that it attempting to regulate my blood sugar so I can only go for about 4 hours before it drops off dramatically and I get shaky and sick. So depending on what time of day I get up I eat either 4 or 5 smaller meals. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Snack or Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Dinner, Snack. It seems to work for me.

As for traveling on the road I have done several road trips in the past year and I find the trick is only bring health food with you. Bring carrots and baked chips. Sometimes for a treat I’ll buy the break and bake cookies with splenda (the no sugar thing) they have about half as many calories as the regular ones. Also if we are stopping for fast food I always encourage some place like subway and try and get a healthy sub (no cheese, no dressing, wheat bread). A lot of places also now have salads so I will try and get the healthiest salad they have (salads can be very deceiving if you put nuts, croutons, full fat dressing, ect on it so be careful).

I hope that helps.

Lynn
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote